27 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

"Well, what do you think can do for you?" 

Roy sat back in his chair, his eyes narrowing slightly as he regarded Iris. "What do I think you can do for me?" he repeated, his tone carrying a hint of bitterness. "Isn't that your job to figure out?"

Roy clenched his fists, his knuckles whitening. "I just want the flashes to stop. I want to sleep through the night without waking up in a cold sweat, seeing their faces, feeling the knife in my hand."

21 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy sat back in his chair, his eyes narrowing slightly as he regarded Iris. "What do I think you can do for me?" he repeated, his tone carrying a hint of bitterness. "Isn't that your job to figure out?"

Roy clenched his fists, his knuckles whitening. "I just want the flashes to stop. I want to sleep through the night without waking up in a cold sweat, seeing their faces, feeling the knife in my hand."

"My friend, the journey for healing isn't an easy one. It's my job to help you as best I can, but I can't heal you." She said quietly. 

1 hour ago, Anguished_One said:

"My friend, the journey for healing isn't an easy one. It's my job to help you as best I can, but I can't heal you." She said quietly. 

Roy's eyes met Iris's, a mixture of frustration and desperation simmering beneath the surface. "Then what's the point?" he asked, his voice strained. "If you can't heal me, what's the point of all this talking?"

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy's eyes met Iris's, a mixture of frustration and desperation simmering beneath the surface. "Then what's the point?" he asked, his voice strained. "If you can't heal me, what's the point of all this talking?"

Iris shook her head. "The mind is not as easily healed as the body is, Roy. It may never fully recover. But things can get better. You can learn to live with yourself again." 

7 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

Iris shook her head. "The mind is not as easily healed as the body is, Roy. It may never fully recover. But things can get better. You can learn to live with yourself again." 

Roy's eyes were downcast, his fingers tracing patterns on the armrest of his chair. "Learn to live with myself again?" he echoed, his voice barely above a whisper. "How am I supposed to do that when I can't escape these memories? When I see their faces every time I close my eyes?"

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy's eyes were downcast, his fingers tracing patterns on the armrest of his chair. "Learn to live with myself again?" he echoed, his voice barely above a whisper. "How am I supposed to do that when I can't escape these memories? When I see their faces every time I close my eyes?"

Iris looked down at her hands folded in her lap. "It won't be easy." 

9 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

Iris looked down at her hands folded in her lap. "It won't be easy." 

“Why can’t it ever just be easy for one in my life!” Roy said falling to the floor with a soft thud as he hid his head in his hands. 

On 6/12/2024 at 6:37 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Why can’t it ever just be easy for one in my life!” Roy said falling to the floor with a soft thud as he hid his head in his hands. 

"Because... life isn't easy. Whoever tells you it is, is lying or trying to sell you something." Iris patted his shoulder gently. 

Just now, Anguished_One said:

"Because... life isn't easy. Whoever tells you it is, is lying or trying to sell you something." Iris patted his shoulder gently. 

“But- But what can I do? No. What must I do in order to heal? To be normal for once?”

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“But- But what can I do? No. What must I do in order to heal? To be normal for once?”

"There are things you can do. 

Self care:

Get enough rest, eat well, exercise, and try to relax. Avoid substances like alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and nicotine, which can make anxiety worse and interfere with healing.

Coping strategies:

Be patient: Remind yourself that you're managing and don't get frustrated with yourself if you're not doing things normally.

Talk to someone: Find friends, family, or a support group who can understand and support you. You can also talk to a doctor or counselor about trauma and PTSD.

Learn about trauma and PTSD: This can help you understand what you're feeling and develop coping strategies.

Practice relaxation: Try distracting yourself with positive activities.

Confront what happened: Gradually try to confront the trauma instead of blocking it out.

Don't avoid places or activities: Try to keep to your normal routine and don't let the trauma limit your life."

She said, handing him a pice of paper with everything she just said written on it.

It's my thread, I can copy+paste from google AI if I want to <_< 

Edited by Anguished_One

2 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

"There are things you can do. 

Self care:

Get enough rest, eat well, exercise, and try to relax. Avoid substances like alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and nicotine, which can make anxiety worse and interfere with healing.

Coping strategies:

Be patient: Remind yourself that you're managing and don't get frustrated with yourself if you're not doing things normally.

Talk to someone: Find friends, family, or a support group who can understand and support you. You can also talk to a doctor or counselor about trauma and PTSD.

Learn about trauma and PTSD: This can help you understand what you're feeling and develop coping strategies.

Practice relaxation: Try distracting yourself with positive activities.

Confront what happened: Gradually try to confront the trauma instead of blocking it out.

Don't avoid places or activities: Try to keep to your normal routine and don't let the trauma limit your life."

She said, handing him a pice of paper with everything she just said written on it.

“Thank you. How long will this healing process last? How long until I am normal?”

Go ahead. I’m not stopping you 

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Thank you. How long will this healing process last? How long until I am normal?”

"It takes time. A lot of time. I don't think I can say how long just yet. It depends on a lot of things." 

4 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

"It takes time. A lot of time. I don't think I can say how long just yet. It depends on a lot of things." 

“I think that I understand. Thank you for your time and effort. I now understand how to start to fix myself.”

3 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I think that I understand. Thank you for your time and effort. I now understand how to start to fix myself.”

"You don't need to be 'fixed'," Iris said quietly. "You just need to work on healing." 

a dragon wearing an aviator's jacket and an elmer fudd hat walks in, and places a bottle on the sofa, then walks out.

in the bottle is a bubble, in the bubble is Roy, still on the phone. 

On 6/14/2024 at 7:00 AM, Anguished_One said:

"You don't need to be 'fixed'," Iris said quietly. "You just need to work on healing." 

"then please. show me how to start the healing process. every day I spend like this is living hell. i don't want to have to see the death of my family ever again."

37 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"then please. show me how to start the healing process. every day I spend like this is living hell. i don't want to have to see the death of my family ever again."

"Well, the first step is to identify and name the emotions and physical sensations you're feeling. You can learn how to best cope with them when you learn what they are. I'd say that's the first step." Iris said earnestly, but still keeping her voice quiet. 

10 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

"Well, the first step is to identify and name the emotions and physical sensations you're feeling. You can learn how to best cope with them when you learn what they are. I'd say that's the first step." Iris said earnestly, but still keeping her voice quiet. 

"i fell regret, guilt and a satisfaction during the flashes. all I hear are screams! every time I dare to close my eyes!"

sorry! was listening to epic the musical as i wrote this

6 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i fell regret, guilt and a satisfaction during the flashes. all I hear are screams! every time I dare to close my eyes!"

*gasp* Don't apologise for that!!!! It's amazing!!! :DDDD

"Satisfaction?" 

21 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i feel like i did the wrong thing yet I still feel a twisted sense of pleasure from what I have done. am I a monster?"

Her brow creased in thought. "Hmm... Monster is a strong word, my friend." 

2 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

Her brow creased in thought. "Hmm... Monster is a strong word, my friend." 

“I’m sadistic at the least. Looking over my actions how could I be any thing but it?”

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I’m sadistic at the least. Looking over my actions how could I be any thing but it?”

"I don't think any of that is relevant right now." Iris glanced at the small clock on the wall. "I'm afraid our session is almost over... will you be safe and okay until our next visit?"

47 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

"I don't think any of that is relevant right now." Iris glanced at the small clock on the wall. "I'm afraid our session is almost over... will you be safe and okay until our next visit?"

"im sure that i will be fine. till our next meeting!"