1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

His throat felt tight. His whole body did. Tense. He hated it. "Why do you want to?"

"Because, it's my purpose in life. Without it, I'd be far worse off, and without a mission. I help people, because I need to. It's a job, yes, but it's also my joy. I need this. It helps me too. I hope that helps to answer your question." 

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Because, it's my purpose in life. Without it, I'd be far worse off, and without a mission. I help people, because I need to. It's a job, yes, but it's also my joy. I need this. It helps me too. I hope that helps to answer your question." 

"Ok. Yeah." He closed his eyes, focusing on the blackness. It was calming. He opened them again.

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

"Yeah." He needed to check on her anyway. He knew she hated being left out of conversations.

"Alright, I'll go get her." Iris stands and returns several moments later with Isabelle.

3 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Alright, I'll go get her." Iris stands and returns several moments later with Isabelle.

Jared catches her eye, making sure she's ok. She smiled at him and sat down again, obviously trying to look very grown up as she crossed her legs and folded her hands.

Jared catches her eye, making sure she's ok. She smiled at him and sat down again, obviously trying to look very grown up as she crossed her legs and folded her hands.

Iris smiles at her. "Would you like to talk to just me, Isa?" 

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Isa looks at Jared. He nods at her and she smiles shyly at Iris. "Ok."

"Jared, there is an empty office next to this one, if you want." She offers with a smile

Jared nodded, standing. He left the door open and slipped into the next office, closing this door. 

Iris shuts the door to their office. "What would you like to talk about?" She asks Isa

Isa swallowed, shrugging. "What did you talk to Jared about?"

"See, now, that's the thing... I have to keep it a secret, otherwise I could lose my job and I couldn't help anymore people!" Iris says. "I have an idea of what we could talk about, if you want..." 

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"We can talk about why you called me." Iris says with a gentle smile. 

Isa shrinks back. "Oh, well...well, Jared wasn't answering me and I went over and tried to make him and he was crying." She shivered. "He reminded me of someone else who was crying, and then he was him and it was really scary."