2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Isa shook her head. "I, I don't want to. It's gone now but if I drew it it would come back."

"Okay, would you like to tell me why you wanted to come here?" 

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Okay, would you like to tell me why you wanted to come here?" 

Isa looked at Jared helplessly. I should tell her...but Isa doesn't even know all of it.... Jared crossed his arms protectively over his chest. We should leave. "yes...you should..." If the voice wanted him to do it...he definitely should not. "We...both have PTSD," he muttered. "I think. I looked it up...? I'm not sure."

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Isa looked at Jared helplessly. I should tell her...but Isa doesn't even know all of it.... Jared crossed his arms protectively over his chest. We should leave. "yes...you should..." If the voice wanted him to do it...he definitely should not. "We...both have PTSD," he muttered. "I think. I looked it up...? I'm not sure."

"Jared, would you like to talk alone for a few minutes? I can have someone sit with your sister for a few minutes, if you want.." 

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Jared, would you like to talk alone for a few minutes? I can have someone sit with your sister for a few minutes, if you want.." 

Jared's eyes darted around. He let out a slow breath. "who would sit with her?" he asked carefully. Isa looked confused. He gave her a small smile.

Edited by Part Of The Narrative

Jared's eyes darted around. He let out a slow breath. "who would sit with her?" he asked carefully. Isa looked confused. He gave her a small smile.

"Assuming you don't want her by herself, I can have the security guard downstairs watch her for a few minutes. He is my friend, and very gentle, I can assure you." 

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

Jared nodded uneasily. "Ok..."

Iris leaned down to Insa, taking her gently by the hand. "You may bring your toy, but we need to talk for a little bit, is that alright?" Iris whispers to her like she was telling the small girl a secret. 

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

Iris leaned down to Insa, taking her gently by the hand. "You may bring your toy, but we need to talk for a little bit, is that alright?" Iris whispers to her like she was telling the small girl a secret. 

Isa's brows drew together. "You can talk to me, too, right? After?"

Isa's brows drew together. "You can talk to me, too, right? After?"

"Yes, of course! I'd love to." Iris led her carefully into the hallway and downstairs, leaving her with the security guard. She returned a few moments later, and closed the door, sitting down and looking at Jared. 

Edited by Just-A-Stick

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

"Yes, of course! I'd love to." Iris led her carefully into the hallway and downstairs, leaving her with the security guard. She returned a few moments later, and closed the door, sitting down and looking at Jared. 

Jared tried to meet her eyes, but ended up looking at his hands again. He pulled his sleeves even lower so he could only see the tips of his fingers.

Jared tried to meet her eyes, but ended up looking at his hands again. He pulled his sleeves even lower so he could only see the tips of his fingers.

Iris looks away, grabbing a pen and a piece of paper and starts to draw a dog. "Was it your idea to call?" She asks after a minute. 

Oh. "I..don't think I can tell you." Minus the memories, there would be some slight...uh...legal issues...

"Then... I don't know how I'm supposed to help you- or Insa." 

3 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Then... I don't know how I'm supposed to help you- or Insa." 

"That's fine," Jared said instinctively. "Sorry, I..." The corners of the room were closing in on him..."Sorry."

IMAGINE HAVING A TYPO

Edited by Part Of The Narrative

"That's fine," Jared said instinctively. "Sorry, I..." The corners of the room were closing in on him..."Sorry."

Iris looks up. "It's alright, just breathe." 

Yeah. Ok. He pressed his back against the chair. I'm an idiot. I need to stop. He breathed softly, trying to make it seem like he had plenty of air.

Iris put her pen down, getting up from her chair and crouching in front of him, laying her hand on his knee. "Jared, I'm a therapist. I've seen it all. If you won't breathe for me, then please, breathe for your sister?" Her voice is soft and calming. 

8 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Iris put her pen down, getting up from her chair and crouching in front of him, laying her hand on his knee. "Jared, I'm a therapist. I've seen it all. If you won't breathe for me, then please, breathe for your sister?" Her voice is soft and calming. 

Jared relented, regulating his breathing a bit more. He pulled his knee away though, sinking into his sweatshirt. "I'm fine."