Dissonance: A mystery RP

Rezyn's hand crept to the waist of her dress, where her knifes were concealed underneath with some clever needlework. Obviously these people weren't going to obey an order given with no concept of information, so neither should she. She subtly settled her hand, ready to slip out a knife if the need arose.

Rezyn frowned. What in damnation is going on here? Was someone expecting this? Then why...

It dawned on her. Father always made time for his meetings. Except tonight.

Tonight, he'd sent a stand in.

Lord Kerst drew his sword. The assassin wasn't doing anything. He must not be here to kill right away then. He most likely wanted something more. 

Something I won't be giving him.

Rezyn drank in a calm, steadying breath. The mist wanted to be used. She could feel it.

But she couldn't reveal this thing in her yet. Being underestimated was an advantage.

She narrowed her eyes. Kerst and the assassin were staring each other down. That man knows more than I do. Probably more than any of us.

What am I missing?

@TheRavenHasLanded

Edited by Part Of The Narrative

i breath in a sharp intake of breath, breathing in the mist from my cup and most of the sword. i breath in all the remaining mist from around the room. i was fully charged. when the assasen was not looking i took a step backwards into a shadow and stepped right out of another one behind the assasen. i was about to hold up my knife and end this problem when i realised that i ate the mist in the knife just to walk behind the assasen. i took a step back feeling like a fool. i make eye contact with rezyn and gesture for her to use the mist to move the knife to me.

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

5 hours ago, Invisible said:

Lord Elan stands up, heart racing. He takes a deep breath. Nope. Not for you. He isn't here for you. "Assassin, you will depart." He said forcefully. 

@TheRavenHasLanded

20 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Rezyn drank in a calm, steadying breath. The mist wanted to be used. She could feel it.

But she couldn't reveal this thing in her yet. Being underestimated was an advantage.

She narrowed her eyes. Kerst and the assassin were staring each other down. That man knows more than I do. Probably more than any of us.

What am I missing?

@TheRavenHasLanded

Sleeper grins. "A fight huh? lets dance" then he swings toward kerst.

sorry, i was kinda not on.

4 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Silas watches the assassin swing with numb disbelief. A dance? That’s actually a cool way to start a fight.

may as well join in…

Sleeper catches the moment of numbness out of the corner of his eye, and he spins on a dime, slamming the flat of his blade into the ground to anchor himself, then launches himself at Silas.

10 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

lord roy just takes a few quiet steps back waiting for there to be enough spare mist to re form a knife.

Rezyn gritted her teeth, discreetly forming a knife and wiling it to appear beside Lord Roy, casting him a meaningful look. She lithely swept across the room to Silas and drew her knives, standing calmly behind him. This, she could do. It would be hard in a dress though...

A challenge, then. She smiled.

18 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper grins. "A fight huh? lets dance" then he swings toward kerst.

Kerst dodged, coming up with his sword. He brought the blade up from behind his back, hoping to surprise the man with quick responses.

Edited by Part Of The Narrative