District Amyra Ay

SmilingPanda19

Are you excited for the next Hunger Games?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited?

• YES!
    • meh
    • Nope
    • I will only be excited when I hear about the return of Merp

Just now, justice magician said:

"Seeing as you two have traveled here, I think I ought to explain why I'm usually here." Dert settled back into the sofa like she was right at home. "The government has decided to send us Inspectors out to keep on eye on families that previously employed tributes, and their real families as well," she sent a glance at Sarah. "The Games brings our nation together, but we worry about the small chance some people might be . . . restless, because of their direct connection to the games. I'm simply here to make sure all is well."

"And it is," Louis said, "As it has been on all of your visits."

"Is it?" She asked with a smirk.             

Kandy lets a moment of "oohhh that makes sense" pass over her face. "Ohhhhh yeah... true. is there anything we should be worried about? i would hate" she makes a pouty face "to have something bad to happen to us because of those people..."

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kandy lets a moment of "oohhh that makes sense" pass over her face. "Ohhhhh yeah... true. is there anything we should be worried about? i would hate" she makes a pouty face "to have something bad to happen to us because of those people..."

"You don't need to be afraid dear," Dert said reassuringly, "the program has been completely successful--we haven't encountered any suspicious activity here in Amyra Ay, and I'm sure it's the same for your home district." 

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

"You don't need to be afraid dear," Dert said reassuringly, "the program has been completely successful--we haven't encountered any suspicious activity here in Amyra Ay, and I'm sure it's the same for your home district." 

"Well! I'm glad about that." She sighs. "Thank you for your services, Madam."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Well! I'm glad about that." She sighs. "Thank you for your services, Madam."

"Your welcome, I'm always here to serve." 

But then her eyes shifted to Sharp'i.

"Unfortunately, that isn't the reason for my visit today."

2 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Your welcome, I'm always here to serve." 

But then her eyes shifted to Sharp'i.

"Unfortunately, that isn't the reason for my visit today."

"What, you mean my boyfriend?" she turns to him. "You promised you would stay out of trouble, remember?" She turns back to Dert. "Pleaseeeeee can you cut him a break just this once? I promise I'll keep him in line. He just wanted to come with me to see my relatives. You can understand, right?"

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"What, you mean my boyfriend?" she turns to him. "You promised you would stay out of trouble, remember?" She turns back to Dert. "Pleaseeeeee can you cut him a break just this once? I promise I'll keep him in line. He just wanted to come with me to see my relatives. You can understand, right?"

Spoiler

lol-

Sharp'i blushed a little at being called her boyfriend.

"He's your boyfriend?" Dert asked, "Fascinating, it must be hard keeping up a long distance relationship."

Reveal hidden contents

lol-

Sharp'i blushed a little at being called her boyfriend.

"He's your boyfriend?" Dert asked, "Fascinating, it must be hard keeping up a long distance relationship."

"I try to visit as often as I can. Honestly, this guy doesn't know when to get his brain out of the clouds, and himself out of trouble."

On 4/12/2024 at 2:04 PM, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I try to visit as often as I can. Honestly, this guy doesn't know when to get his brain out of the clouds, and himself out of trouble."

"That's nice," Her smiled faded for the first time. "Unfortunately, your correct to assume I'm here because of him."

Louis sighed loudly. "I'm sure whatever you think this young man has done--"

"Oh don't worry Louis, I'm quite sure of this." Dert said, standing, "Though it's nothing serious, at least from what I'm aware. As always, I'm simply here to make sure things don't get out of hand."

"You are Sharp'i McDonald, aren't you?"

"Yes . . ." he replied nervously.

Edited by justice magician

On 4/12/2024 at 1:16 PM, justice magician said:

"That's nice," Her smiled faded for the first time. "Unfortunately, your correct to assume I'm here because of him."

Louis sighed loudly. "I'm whatever you think this young man has done--"

"Oh don't worry Louis, I'm quite sure of this." Dert said, standing, "Though it's nothing serious, at least from what I'm aware. As always, I'm simply here to make sure things don't get out of hand."

"You are Sharp'i McDonald, aren't you?"

"Yes . . ." he replied nervously.

"Please.... be understanding! Just because he was a part of an old rebellion doesn't mean he is now!"

"Please.... be understanding! Just because he was a part of an old rebellion doesn't mean he is now!"

"Oh of course, I never said I thought he was, but . . ." She started pacing back and forth. 

"I'm told you were spotted at city hall, which seems somewhat odd for you wouldn't you say? It's a little thing of course, and doesn't necessarily break our agreement with your family, however it's my job to investigate little things. I'm sure you can understand."

"We were just there to check some records," Sharp'i replied, "Out of simple curiosity."

11 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Oh of course, I never said I thought he was, but . . ." She started pacing back and forth. 

"I'm told you were spotted at city hall, which seems somewhat odd for you wouldn't you say? It's a little thing of course, and doesn't necessarily break our agreement with your family, however it's my job to investigate little things. I'm sure you can understand."

"We were just there to check some records," Sharp'i replied, "Out of simple curiosity."

She blinks. "Huh, turns out librarians are mean..."

She blinks. "Huh, turns out librarians are mean..."

"Don't criticize the noble actions of a civil servant doing their duties," Dert said, her smile falling away for the first time.

"It may seem like an unimportant detail, however ignoring things like this creates cracks in our security, I apologize for the hassle, but I'm going to have to take you back to the station for some questioning."

Sharp'i turned pale, but didn't immediately object--that would make things worse. "Is that breaking your agreement with my father?"

"I'm afraid it's a grey area I'm inclined to exploit."

6 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Don't criticize the noble actions of a civil servant doing their duties," Dert said, her smile falling away for the first time.

"It may seem like an unimportant detail, however ignoring things like this creates cracks in our security, I apologize for the hassle, but I'm going to have to take you back to the station for some questioning."

Sharp'i turned pale, but didn't immediately object--that would make things worse. "Is that breaking your agreement with my father?"

"I'm afraid it's a grey area I'm inclined to exploit."

"Why? oh, can i come with? Please?"

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Why? oh, can i come with? Please?"

". . . Yes I would like that," Dert said after thinking for a moment, "You were seen with him, after all." She set her teacup aside, and pulled on her jacket, getting ready to leave. 

Sharp'i shrugged in a 'guess we have no choice' kind of way, and got up as well.

"When you kids are done, make sure to come back for another visit," Lizzie said enthusiastically. 

". . . Yes I would like that," Dert said after thinking for a moment, "You were seen with him, after all." She set her teacup aside, and pulled on her jacket, getting ready to leave. 

Sharp'i shrugged in a 'guess we have no choice' kind of way, and got up as well.

"When you kids are done, make sure to come back for another visit," Lizzie said enthusiastically. 

"Of course, Aunty. I would love to!" she gives a grin and turns to follow dert.

"Of course, Aunty. I would love to!" she gives a grin and turns to follow dert.

Dert raises an eyebrow at 'Aunty,' not missing the inconsistency. She leads them downstairs and into the front lobby. 

Outside, a black sleek car with the Peacemaker insignia on it sat waiting.

Before following Dert outside, Sharp'i turned to Kandy. "If she throws me in jail again, you'll break me out right?"

3 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Dert raises an eyebrow at 'Aunty,' not missing the inconsistency. She leads them downstairs and into the front lobby. 

Outside, a black sleek car with the Peacemaker insignia on it sat waiting.

Before following Dert outside, Sharp'i turned to Kandy. "If she throws me in jail again, you'll break me out right?"

"Depends. if the guard is a guy, it'll be easy. otherwise, ill be requesting some money from your family."

"Depends. if the guard is a guy, it'll be easy. otherwise, ill be requesting some money from your family."

"Right," He said, cracking a smile even though he was clearly very nervous. "Sharvil will get you whatever you need."

She gives him a peck on the cheek. "It'll be fine. I promise."

Sharp'i nodded, managing not to blush this time. "I'm really glad your here." 

"Coming?" Dert asked cheerily, poking her head back in the door.

"Yeah," Sharp'i said, taking Kandy's hand with a tight grip and leaving the house.

wanna talk to dert more in the car ride, or just skip to the station?

Sharp'i nodded, managing not to blush this time. "I'm really glad your here." 

"Coming?" Dert asked cheerily, poking her head back in the door.

"Yeah," Sharp'i said, taking Kandy's hand with a tight grip and leaving the house.

lets just skip, I say.

Coolio

They arrived at the station, a tall foreboding building with little decoration on the outside. The lawn was clean and perfect in the most dreary way possible. Peacekeepers were stationed at the doors, and officers of different levels came in and out of the building.

Dert led them inside to a front lobby without being interrupted. Her rank as 'Inspector,' was clearly respected, at least on this level. People moved out of her way as she walked, and the secretary at the front desk paid her no mind.

They entered some back hallways with less people in them. Every twist and turn looked the same--grey walls, grey floor, slightly lighter grey doors here and their. The only physical change in the building as they got deeper were a number and letter code that inscribed each door, probably for organizational purposes. 

I'm gonna add a break here and there in the description/ as things progress so that you have the chance to make character decisions that aren't just dialogue. I'm trying to make things less one sided, if that helps.

27 minutes ago, justice magician said:

They arrived at the station, a tall foreboding building with little decoration on the outside. The lawn was clean and perfect in the most dreary way possible. Peacekeepers were stationed at the doors, and officers of different levels came in and out of the building.

Dert led them inside to a front lobby without being interrupted. Her rank as 'Inspector,' was clearly respected, at least on this level. People moved out of her way as she walked, and the secretary at the front desk paid her no mind.

They entered some back hallways with less people in them. Every twist and turn looked the same--grey walls, grey floor, slightly lighter grey doors here and their. The only physical change in the building as they got deeper were a number and letter code that inscribed each door, probably for organizational purposes. 

thank you for that lol.

Kandy basically bounced through the hallways. She likely got a lot of the peacekeepers to look at her, grinning and silly looking as she was. "So, how does all this stuff work?"

Kandy basically bounced through the hallways. She likely got a lot of the peacekeepers to look at her, grinning and silly looking as she was. "So, how does all this stuff work?"

"How does all of what work?" Dert asked, glancing around the blank hallway.

"How does all of what work?" Dert asked, glancing around the blank hallway.

"You know, like the peacekeeper stuff. like, what do you do? do you do patrols? do you help people? like, what do yall do? my parents never told me about this stuff. They made extra sure to do so when I began hanging out with peacekeeper kids. They don't like people watching them."