District Amyra Ay

SmilingPanda19

Are you excited for the next Hunger Games?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited?

• YES!
    • meh
    • Nope
    • I will only be excited when I hear about the return of Merp

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Hum umm *several outher noises of disagreement and confusion* umm let’s say not a chance.”

"Okay," Jason says, walking away looking depressed. "I guess I'll just go back and clean some floors until I'm so sore I can't fall asleep. But it's okay, I'm used to it."

4 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

THE TRAIN HAS ARRIVED AT THIS DISTRICT. ANY AND ALL PASSENGERS MAY BOARD. PLEASE KEEP WALK WAYS CLEAR FOR CONVENIENCE.

THE TRAIN WILL LEAVE AT 6:00 MST.

do you need a ticket for that?

Sharpo walked down the street, taking extra care to hold tight onto Sharp’i’s hand. He didn’t want his best friend in the whole world to get lost.

Sharpo had just finished his ice cream they had got, and was now munching on the wafer cone happily. Sharp’i hadn’t touched his ice cream at, which made Sharpo briefly wonder why he ordered one in the first place. 

“Thank you for getting the ice cream!” He said when the cone was gone. 

“Sure . . .” Sharp’i stared off into the distance as they walked. He did that a lot, and Sharpo wondered if maybe there was something lingering on the horizon that only the thin young man could see. He snapped out of it a moment later, as he always did. Whatever it was that hovered just beyond sight could be ignored from time to time, he supposed. 

He turned down to look at Sharpo with those deep-cast eyes of his and gave him a very rare smile. Sharpo made sure to remember it, he had a little collection of them tucked away in his memory. No one else saw those smiles, he was sure of it, so they needed to be saved very carefully. 

“I’m very proud of you, you did such a good job with the dishes this morning.” His voice was quiet, and tired, but the smile made it seem a little better than usual.

“Oh thanks!” Sharpo loved doing the dishes after breakfast every morning, they did it together and Sharp’i would tell him hushed stories of woods full of ghosts and old friends while they worked. “But I can’t take all the credit, you did most of the work! You need to be proud of yourself too, Shar'i!”

His expression darkened at this, and he glanced around them. No distant figure this time, except perhaps the Peacekeeper lording over this section of the street like it was some grand kingdom. Sharpo didn’t like them . . .  covered in that strange armor and so ready to stamp out ice cream shops. They left a sick feeling in his stomach, as if they were the flu in physical form. Sometimes he thought maybe the armor didn’t even have a person in it all. No, snakes were much more likely.

“Please, we’ve talked about not mentioning that outside . . .” Sharp’i said leaning down to look Sharpo in the eye. “It’s a special secret, remember?” His voice was even softer than normal, probably so the snakes wouldn’t hear.

“Oh yeah!” Sharpo felt a spike of excitement, it was their special secret. One of the many the two boys shared. Sharp’i wasn’t supposed to help--he had even gotten in trouble once for doing so. Not with the snakes but with Mr. Sir Sharp III, the head of the house. Sharpo vaguely remembered eavesdropping on some lecture about letting things be the way they were, trying to change things always ended in failure. Apparently.

“I forgot . . .”

“It’s alright, just try to be more careful.” Sharp’i continued moving, speeding up as he pulled the smaller boy past the Peacekeeper.

They snuck by successfully, in their silent little race, and Sharpo let out a breath when they got to the safety of the next street over. No snake bites for today.

“Shar’i, can we go to the park?” It was on the way home, a sunny spot nestled between the district houses. An oasis in the desert of flat white buildings, who boasted about how clean they could be. 

“Not today . . . I don’t want to spend too much time away from the house.” The snakes would catch on eventually. Sharpo was ‘capital’, though he didn’t really know what that meant. He got to live with Sharp’i and they had secret ice cream days, so whatever ‘capitol’ meant couldn’t be too bad. Maybe snakes thought ‘capital’ was tastier or something. 

On 1/25/2024 at 8:32 AM, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kandy stands in the middle of the street, a little bored. At least im free. Ill take that.

Sharp'i stopped walking abruptly-- pulling Sharpo backwards as they were still holding hands. There was girl on the end of the street, Sharpo knew her. Not because he had seen her before, or knew her name, but because he had so often watched Sharp'i distantly stare into the horizon that when the ever elusive figure his dear friend searched for finally apeared, he knew it well. 

His grip on Sharpo's hand tightened, and it seemed he was making his mind on whether to run away or go up to her. 

"We should go say hi!" Sharpo said, deciding that Sharp'i needed a nudge in the right direction. So, pulling the taller young man behind him, Sharpo ran up to the girl.

"Hello!"

I apologize for how long this is . . .

Edited by justice magician

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

Sharpo walked down the street, taking extra care to hold tight onto Sharp’i’s hand. He didn’t want his best friend in the whole world to get lost.

Sharpo had just finished his ice cream they had got, and was now munching on the wafer cone happily. Sharp’i hadn’t touched his ice cream at, which made Sharpo briefly wonder why he ordered one in the first place. 

“Sure . . .” Sharp’i stared off into the distance as they walked. He did that a lot, and Sharpo wondered if maybe there was something lingering on the horizon that only the thin young man could see. He snapped out of it a moment later, as he always did. Whatever it was that hovered just beyond sight could be ignored from time to time, he supposed. 

He turned down to look at Sharpo with those deep-cast eyes of his and gave him a very rare smile. Sharpo made sure to remember it, he had a little collection of them tucked away in his memory. No one else saw those smiles, he was sure of it, so they needed to be saved very carefully. 

“I’m very proud of you, you did such a good job with the dishes this morning.” His voice was quiet, and tired, but the smile made it seem a little better than usual.

“Oh thanks!” Sharpo loved doing the dishes after breakfast every morning, they did it together and Sharp’i would tell him hushed stories of woods full of ghosts and old friends while they worked. “But I can’t take all the credit, you did most of the work! You need to be proud of yourself too, Shar'i!”

His expression darkened at this, and he glanced around them. No distant figure this time, except perhaps the Peacekeeper lording over this section of the street like it was some grand kingdom. Sharpo didn’t like them . . .  covered in that strange armor and so ready to stamp out ice cream shops. They left a sick feeling in his stomach, as if they were the flu in physical form. Sometimes he thought maybe the armor didn’t even have a person in it all. No, snakes were much more likely.

“Please, we’ve talked about not mentioning that outside . . .” Sharp’i said leaning down to look Sharpo in the eye. “It’s a special secret, remember?” His voice was even softer than normal, probably so the snakes wouldn’t hear.

“Oh yeah!” Sharpo felt a spike of excitement, it was their special secret. One of the many the two boys shared. Sharp’i wasn’t supposed to help--he had even gotten in trouble once for doing so. Not with the snakes but with Mr. Sir Sharp III, the head of the house. Sharpo vaguely remembered eavesdropping on some lecture about letting things be the way they were, trying to change things always ended in failure. Apparently.

“I forgot . . .”

“It’s alright, just try to be more careful.” Sharp’i continued moving, speeding up as he pulled the smaller boy past the Peacekeeper.

They snuck by successfully, in their silent little race, and Sharpo let out a breath when they got to the safety of the next street over. No snake bites for today.

“Shar’i, can we go to the park?” It was on the way home, a sunny spot nestled between the district houses. An oasis in the desert of flat white buildings, who boasted about how clean they could be. 

“Not today . . . I don’t want to spend too much time away from the house.” The snakes would catch on eventually. Sharpo was ‘capital’, though he didn’t really know what that meant. He got to live with Sharp’i and they had secret ice cream days, so whatever ‘capitol’ meant couldn’t be too bad. Maybe snakes thought ‘capital’ was tastier or something. 

Sharp'i stopped walking abruptly-- pulling Sharpo backwards as they were still holding hands. There was girl on the end of the street, Sharpo knew her. Not because he had seen her before, or knew her name, but because he had so often watched Sharp'i distantly stare into the horizon that when the ever elusive figure his dear friend searched for finally apeared, he knew it well. 

His grip on Sharpo's hand tightened, and it seemed he was making his mind on whether to run away or go up to her. 

"We should go say hi!" Sharpo said, deciding that Sharp'i needed a nudge in the right direction. So, pulling the taller young man behind him, Sharpo ran up to the girl.

"Hello!"

Kandy spins, ready to fight until she sees the small child in front of her, she relaxes. "Hi! Howre you? What's your name?"

3 minutes ago, justice magician said:

“I forgot . . .”

"Hello!"

no worries.

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kandy spins, ready to fight until she sees the small child in front of her, she relaxes. "Hi! Howre you? What's your name?"

"My names Sharpo and this is Sharp'i! Let's be friends!" Sharp'i turns even paler than usual and is now seriously considering running for it.

Just now, justice magician said:

"My names Sharpo and this is Sharp'i! Let's be friends!" Sharp'i turns even paler than usual and is now seriously considering running for it.

Kandy looks up. "Wha-" then she gives a questioning look before laughing a bit. then she beckons them over into an alley. "So, what are you doing here, sharp'i?"

Kandy looks up. "Wha-" then she gives a questioning look before laughing a bit. then she beckons them over into an alley. "So, what are you doing here, sharp'i?"

"Um . . . I live here . . ." 

Sharpo watches eagerly.

54 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"No crap. so do i. i mean why are you here."

no he doesn't . . .

"Well . . ." He glances at Sharpo, and then at the uneaten ice cream in his hand. 

"You can't tell anyone we're out here okay?" Sharpo butted in, "It's a special secret."

Edited by justice magician

54 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Well . . ." He glances at Sharpo, and then at the uneaten ice cream in his hand. 

"You can't tell anyone we're out here okay?" Sharpo butted in, "It's a special secret."

She grins. "alright. cool by me. ice cream im guessing? how was that?" She turns to sharp'i. "howre things with your family?" she whispers into his ear.

can you see where im going with this? my train of thought, not what kandy just said.

She grins. "alright. cool by me. ice cream im guessing? how was that?" 

"The ice cream is great!!" Sharpo exclaimed excitedly.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

She turns to sharp'i. "howre things with your family?" she whispers into his ear.

"Oh it's . . . things have calmed down, I guess you could say. My father's still furious about what happened though."

I'm cool with doing a romance as long as it stays pg (I actually kind of wondered if this would happen with these two lol)

5 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"The ice cream is great!!" Sharpo exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh it's . . . things have calmed down, I guess you could say. My father's still furious about what happened though."

She laughs at Sharpo. "Im glad" 

She snorts a little bit in condescension. "Your father is probably more of a murderer than the new people"

I will keep it pg. OI GMS YOU AINT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO GET TO HAVE ROMANCE/j

31 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

She laughs at Sharpo. "Im glad" 

She snorts a little bit in condescension. "Your father is probably more of a murderer than the new people"

"Well, at least he doesn't have anyone to target anymore . . ." Sharp'i mumbled.

"What's a Murr derr err?" Sharpo asks with innocent curiosity.

cross your fingers they don't die tragically first :D

9 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Well, at least he doesn't have anyone to target anymore . . ." Sharp'i mumbled.

"What's a Murr derr err?" Sharpo asks with innocent curiosity.

star crossed lovers/j

"There's always someone new to target for him i would think."

She smiles sadly. "someone who kills another. it will make more sense when you get older, i suppose."

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded
quotes-

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"There's always someone new to target for him i would think."

"Me too, but he's been at a loss ever since the House fell apart. It makes me worry he's planning something in secret."

She smiles sadly. "someone who kills another. it will make more sense when you get older, i suppose."

"Oh . . . that's not nice . . ." Sharpo tries to pretend it doesn't make him feel sad.

5 hours ago, justice magician said:

"Me too, but he's been at a loss ever since the House fell apart. It makes me worry he's planning something in secret."

"Oh . . . that's not nice . . ." Sharpo tries to pretend it doesn't make him feel sad.

She rolls her eyes. "your gonna be worrying all your life on that"

Kandy takes Sharpo's hand. "I know. and its okay to be sad. dont let anyone tell you that its not ok to be sad."

She rolls her eyes. "your gonna be worrying all your life on that"

Kandy takes Sharpo's hand. "I know. and its okay to be sad. dont let anyone tell you that its not ok to be sad."

"I know . . ." Sharpo said, he then glanced at Sharp'i, "I know."

"So how've you been recently Kandy?" Sharp'i asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

12 hours ago, justice magician said:

"I know . . ." Sharpo said, he then glanced at Sharp'i, "I know."

"So how've you been recently Kandy?" Sharp'i asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

She lets it slide. "Decent, to be honest. not really been sure what to do with myself, and trying to figure out how we ended up here" she gestures.

35 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

She lets it slide. "Decent, to be honest. not really been sure what to do with myself, and trying to figure out how we ended up here" she gestures.

"Ah, yeah, I know how you feel."