District Amyra Ay

SmilingPanda19

Are you excited for the next Hunger Games?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited?

• YES!
    • meh
    • Nope
    • I will only be excited when I hear about the return of Merp

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

She gives you a very familiar flat stare. It must familial.

"I see . . . that seems out of character for you, son," She said, glancing Sharp'i's way.

"Um well you see . . ."

"I'm Sharon," She says, shaking Kandy's hand. "I was just coming to get Sharp'i for dinner, would you like to join us?"

"I would love that! thank you so much! you are too kind"

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I would love that! thank you so much! you are too kind"

The stare remains flat. "Sure, we don't have guests over often enough anyway." 

Sharon gestures to the open door, "Just this way please," and she disappeared through it.

Sharp'i grabbed Kandy's sleeve before they left the room. "Please don't mention that your were in the games around them, I don't think it will end well," He whispered.

"I'll wait here for you guys okay?" Sharpo called.

Edited by justice magician

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

You're welcome to join, the only problem is that we are currently in my character's house, which Raven's character had to sneak into. If you can find a reason for your character to be there then I'm cool with it.

Simple my character will knock on the door and ask if you want your grass mowed.

18 hours ago, justice magician said:

The stare remains flat. "Sure, we don't have guests over often enough anyway." 

Sharon gestures to the open door, "Just this way please," and she disappeared through it.

Sharp'i grabbed Kandy's sleeve before they left the room. "Please don't mention that your were in the games around them, I don't think it will end well," He whispered.

"I'll wait here for you guys okay?" Sharpo called.

"Yeah, im not stupid..."

"Sounds good!"

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Yeah, im not stupid..."

"Sounds good!"

"Okay . . . I just thought I ought to make sure."

They followed Sharon down the small stairs, and through the hallway with the doors. They had been in the far back corner of the house, so it took several minutes to make the trek to the dining room--which was understandably located near the front of the mansion. The house slowly became less bare bones and more presentable as they moved forward. Less chipped paint and splinters, even the occasional shock of carpet.

The dining room was probably the most well kept room in the house. The paint was fresh and it was actually somewhat decorated. The room was large and longer than it was wide, with a long table going down it's center. There were several small doors along the sides of the room for servants. 

There was four people in the room. One man, with an oppressive air and shadowed eyes, sat at the head of the table, another, who was a slightly younger slightly more grizzled version of the same thing sat to his left. A frail looking man with grey hair sat at the complete other end of the table, trying to be as far from the other two as possible. His hand clutched a cane and his tired eyes wandered over to the door when they entered. A single maid was pouring him a drink. 

"Good evening everyone," Sharon said when she entered. A hushed set of good evenings were shot back at her. Before sitting, she gestured at Kandy, "We have a guest this evening, she's Sharp'i's friend."

The gloom around the man at the head of the table seemed to expand and deepen, but the two dark men didn't say anything. Sharp'i started to fidget with the front end of his shirt. The younger one next to him seemed a bit curious, but mostly uninterested. The old man actually smiled and stood up in a motion that looked like it should have made a creaking noise, but didn't.

"It's nice to meet you dear," He said in a voice that also felt like it should be creaky, but was instead rather smooth. He shook her hand before sitting back down. Creaks or not, he seemed to be rather weak.

16 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

You could try that, but it might not put you in a position to interact with the other characters . . . (i.e. you're mowing the lawn and our characters are having dinner inside). How do you feel about being a burglar or something? I just want to make sure you get the chance to be involved in the story.

Or you could run into my other character Sharpo, whatever you want to do.

2 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Okay . . . I just thought I ought to make sure."

They followed Sharon down the small stairs, and through the hallway with the doors. They had been in the far back corner of the house, so it took several minutes to make the trek to the dining room--which was understandably located near the front of the mansion. The house slowly became less bare bones and more presentable as they moved forward. Less chipped paint and splinters, even the occasional shock of carpet.

The dining room was probably the most well kept room in the house. The paint was fresh and it was actually somewhat decorated. The room was large and longer than it was wide, with a long table going down it's center. There were several small doors along the sides of the room for servants. 

There was four people in the room. One man, with an oppressive air and shadowed eyes, sat at the head of the table, another, who was a slightly younger slightly more grizzled version of the same thing sat to his left. A frail looking man with grey hair sat at the complete other end of the table, trying to be as far from the other two as possible. His hand clutched a cane and his tired eyes wandered over to the door when they entered. A single maid was pouring him a drink. 

"Good evening everyone," Sharon said when she entered. A hushed set of good evenings were shot back at her. Before sitting, she gestured at Kandy, "We have a guest this evening, she's Sharp'i's friend."

The gloom around the man at the head of the table seemed to expand and deepen, but the two dark men didn't say anything. Sharp'i started to fidget with the front end of his shirt. The younger one next to him seemed a bit curious, but mostly uninterested. The old man actually smiled and stood up in a motion that looked like it should have made a creaking noise, but didn't.

"It's nice to meet you dear," He said in a voice that also felt like it should be creaky, but was instead rather smooth. He shook her hand before sitting back down. Creaks or not, he seemed to be rather weak.

Kandy smiles wanly. "Its nice to meet you to. howre you doing?"

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kandy smiles wanly. "Its nice to meet you to. howre you doing?"

"Ah . . . as well as someone my age can expect to be doing I suppose." He gestured at his end of the table, inviting her and Sharp'i to sit. 

Sharon sat down across from the old man, in the other seat furthest away from the other two men. Sharp'i sat with them, but in a seat closer to the tables other end. It was clear he was trying not to pick a side.

"Dinner is almost ready," The maid said, leaving the room. 

Just now, justice magician said:

"Ah . . . as well as someone my age can expect to be doing I suppose." He gestured at his end of the table, inviting her and Sharp'i to sit. 

Sharon sat down across from the old man, in the other seat furthest away from the other two men. Sharp'i sat with them, but in a seat closer to the tables other end. It was clear he was trying not to pick a side.

"Dinner is almost ready," The maid said, leaving the room. 

kandy sits with Sharp'i.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

kandy sits with Sharp'i.

"So, what's your name dear?" Sharon asked while rearranging her napkin in her lap.

10 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Kandy Karra." she grins. "My parents were weird. I did a stint as a pilot, and people called me Lollies."

"I see . . ." Sharon said, a small amount of disapproval leaked through her ever-neutral expression. The old man just nodded kindly. 

The maid entered, bringing a small cart with the food on it. She served the two men at the end of the table first, and then the old man's group. Dinner was a soup of some kind, too bland to be distinguishable as any specific flavor. 

"Did you enjoy being a pilot, dear?" The old man asked after a long sip of soup. 

4 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"I see . . ." Sharon said, a small amount of disapproval leaked through her ever-neutral expression. The old man just nodded kindly. 

The maid entered, bringing a small cart with the food on it. She served the two men at the end of the table first, and then the old man's group. Dinner was a soup of some kind, too bland to be distinguishable as any specific flavor. 

"Did you enjoy being a pilot, dear?" The old man asked after a long sip of soup. 

She shrugs. "I mean, it was better than what I was doing before in any case. but yeah, it was fun, and the adrenaline was invigorating." She sips her soup. Please dont ask what i did before being a pilot please please please dont.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

She shrugs. "I mean, it was better than what I was doing before in any case. but yeah, it was fun, and the adrenaline was invigorating." She sips her soup. Please dont ask what i did before being a pilot please please please dont.

Please, please don't tell them what you did before you were a pilot, Sharp'i thought to himself.

"Ah that's wonderful dear," The old man said, "Back in my day I was quite skilled in backstreet car racing, now it's not really the same thing but I do understand what you mean about the adrenaline, especially when the police showed u-"

Sharon cleared her throat loudly. "Well, it's a good thing all that is in the past now." Sharon patted Kandy's hand, as if consoling her about a past mistake.

The two men at the end of the table started up a quiet mumbling conversation of their own, trying to ignore the others.

Please, please don't tell them what you did before you were a pilot, Sharp'i thought to himself.

"Ah that's wonderful dear," The old man said, "Back in my day I was quite skilled in backstreet car racing, now it's not really the same thing but I do understand what you mean about the adrenaline, especially when the police showed u-"

Sharon cleared her throat loudly. "Well, it's a good thing all that is in the past now." Sharon patted Kandy's hand, as if consoling her about a past mistake.

The two men at the end of the table started up a quiet mumbling conversation of their own, trying to ignore the others.

alright, i love the old man. 

Kandy starts laughing at this and nearly falls over.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kandy starts laughing at this and nearly falls over.

hehe . . .

Her laughing echo's loudly in the room, and everyone is suddenly aware of how quiet it had been a moment before. Awkward silence radiated from Sharon and the other end of the table, but the old man didn't notice. 

"You can call me Sharvil, It's wonderful to have someone with personality in this house," The old man said quietly. "How did you meet such a nice girl Sharp'i? You never go outside." 

"I just . . . met her while running errands, I- I guess." Sharp'i is not good at lying. 

Yeah . . . I don't know if there's an official timeline going on, but for for lore purposes, Sharvil is Sharp II's little brother. (Sharp II fought in Stomlight HG)

Her laughing echo's loudly in the room, and everyone is suddenly aware of how quiet it had been a moment before. Awkward silence radiated from Sharon and the other end of the table, but the old man didn't notice. 

"You can call me Sharvil, It's wonderful to have someone with personality in this house," The old man said quietly. "How did you meet such a nice girl Sharp'i? You never go outside." 

"I just . . . met her while running errands, I- I guess." Sharp'i is not good at lying. 

oh funsies.

"Well, its nice to meet you sharvil. and to be fair, i was the one who said hi first." 

She leans over to sharp'i. "Can i mention flight school orrr-"

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Well, its nice to meet you sharvil. and to be fair, i was the one who said hi first." 

She leans over to sharp'i. "Can i mention flight school orrr-"

"It probably won't hurt . . ." Sharp'i said, glancing at Sharon.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Alright." She grins. "You know, we met at flight school"

Oh carp.

The conversation at the other end of the table hushed.

"You said you were just going to mention flight school not that I . . ." Sharp'i whispered.

"No, you always remember that part wrong," He said in a louder voice, "We met when you were on your way home from flight school, isn't that right?"

Oh carp.

The conversation at the other end of the table hushed.

"You said you were just going to mention flight school not that I . . ." Sharp'i whispered.

"No, you always remember that part wrong," He said in a louder voice, "We met when you were on your way home from flight school, isn't that right?"

She blinks, but runs with it. "oh Yeah, i always forget. i was just walking out when i saw you. when i said 'at' i meant it in the physically near sense, sorry that may have been confused"

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

She blinks, but runs with it. "oh Yeah, i always forget. i was just walking out when i saw you. when i said 'at' i meant it in the physically near sense, sorry that may have been confused"

"Oh right, of course," Sharp'i confirmed. That had been close.

"So does flight school offer a well rounded education? Or is it just about flying those metal things," Sharon asked, changing the subject.

"Oh right, of course," Sharp'i confirmed. That had been close.

"So does flight school offer a well rounded education? Or is it just about flying those metal things," Sharon asked, changing the subject.

"For the most part, yeah. learned math, then applied it to flying. kept me alive in the sim quite a lot."

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"For the most part, yeah. learned math, then applied it to flying. kept me alive in the sim quite a lot."

"I see," She seemed disappointed. "What about literature?"

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I mean, i can read. is there anything in particular you are talking about?"

"Well, my dear, there are certain things a young person must study to complete their education. Wilhelm's the Turning of Fruition, for example, is an essential read when it comes to becoming a cultured individual . . ."

Sharon trailed off as the man at the head of the table stood. "I'm retiring for the night," he said gruffly, and left the room. The younger man stood the second the door clicked closed, and moved over to sit in a seat near Sharp'i.

Sharon returned to her speech: "Beginnings of a Mind, by Richard Mico is also irreplaceable in education, in my opinion. It's speculative look on the mood and depth of how . . ." She continued to drone on about one book or another, without stopping for several minutes.