Smedry HG Signups!

Edema Rue

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i was thinking that i would have no talent exsept being able to after i die to travel to the GMGQ and start interacting with the game makers.

i hear you aeoryi but i dont realy want a talent that much. all i want is to be able to travel to the GMHQ after i die.

Ah, okay. I think don’t write that into your character. What do you have in mind for interacting with the GM’s? As Aeoryi said, that doesn’t usually work very well, but we could (possibly) try something. 

55 minutes ago, The Honorable One said:

Name: Jason

Age (between 8 and 18): 9

Talent: Being too short

Favored weapons (if any): A knife, though he uses it more as a tool than a weapon

Backstory: Jason lives in District Amyra Ay, where he works for the Sage household.

Other info: Jason doesn't understand what is going on.

Art (of your character):

Reveal hidden contents

Jason.jpg.b56dcb8e474ba11a66bea459b456de83.jpg

He just looks like a typical nine year old. The AI made him look older.

I love that Talent, approved! (And beautiful art)

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

I haven't read anything non-cosmere.

AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Can the next one please be cosmere so I can play in it?

:(

I can’t promise anything, but this one works pretty well even if you haven’t read it!

On 1/21/2024 at 8:16 PM, Edema Rue said:

Name: Alari (No context at what the names are like in the Alcatraz books

Age (between 8 and 18): 13

Talent: Is mega-nerd (Random information sometimes comes to his mind, as in noticing if something seems off in a situation or something, but when the information comes to people and humans, he gets it wrong all the time, so he's basically unable to speak to other people without being rude, condescending and/or downright horrible.) (Approved.)

Favored weapons (if any): Bow and arrow

Backstory: My family forced me to place my name in the draw so many times, hundreds of times, stealing the rewards. They threatened me when I decided to stop, so I reluctantly put my name back in the draw many more times. If I win, I know that my family will have a visit.... One that might end with a few bodies.

Other info: Likes cookies.

Art (of your character): Haven't done any yet.

Edited by The Stormfather

On 1/21/2024 at 8:16 PM, Edema Rue said:

Name:

Age (between 8 and 18):Gender:

Talent:

Favored weapons (if any):

Backstory:

Other info:

Art (of your character):

I'll finish this soon, just not tonight!! I'll try to remember, but if I haven't done it by the end of this week and someone notices, please ping me!! tysm + im so excited <333

4 hours ago, The Honorable One said:

District Amyra Ay

OH MY GOD I'M SO HONORED

ok i have heard your complaintes so i am changing the talent

Name: adonis

Age (between 8 and 18): 18

Talent: he can sence the position of outher people but cant see them. he can normaly see like animals or the area its just people that he cant see. but he can sence the presence of everyone fairly acuretly to about 50-100 meaters. open to suggestions.

Favoured weapons (if any): spear 

Backstory: In District Red, he lives in more of the ex-district 4 and as such he learned how to use spears to fish, skin fish and swim.

Other info: likes to cause mischief and will never be where you expect him to be. he is a strong swimmer and has a fair amount of muscle mass from the near-unlimited food from the fish and the exercise. 

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

ok i have heard your complaintes so i am changing the talent

Okay, this one is approved, hesitantly.

9 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Does this mean you have approved this talent?

Yup!

5 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

I think @RoyalBeeMage meant that it could like, toggle and un-toggle, maybe?

I... Don't think it solves the problem or makes it less powerful. If anything, it would probably make the user more powerful.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but there's sort of a spirit in which smedry talents exist. They aren't like epics, where they can just outright have a power. A smedry talent is more of... A gimmick, one that is useful in some ways but also unhelpful in others. One of the most fundamental parts of a smedry talent is that it can't be turned off (although it can be controlled) and it reliably activates no matter what.

Examples provided in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Grandpa smedry has the talent of always showing up late. This means that he practically cannot be trapped, and he arrives late to pain, or bullets, and whatnot. However, due to the nature of his talent, it also means that he won't be there if he's needed, or he'll show up too late to a scene to help, and the like 

Someone in the third book (I can't remember the name) has the talent of being really bad at dancing. If there's music nearby that they can hear, they start fighting like crazy, however they don't get to control it, so they have to avoid music

Kaz has the talent of wandering off. This means that if anyone's with him, they could end up anywhere, but they can teleport extremely far distances.

Again, these are just some examples.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

when in the water a bunch of fish start swimming around me?

I’m okay with that, but if that’s not what you want you can find something else!

6 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I... Don't think it solves the problem or makes it less powerful. If anything, it would probably make the user more powerful.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but there's sort of a spirit in which smedry talents exist. They aren't like epics, where they can just outright have a power. A smedry talent is more of... A gimmick, one that is useful in some ways but also unhelpful in others. One of the most fundamental parts of a smedry talent is that it can't be turned off (although it can be controlled) and it reliably activates no matter what.

Examples provided in the spoiler below:

Hide contents

Grandpa smedry has the talent of always showing up late. This means that he practically cannot be trapped, and he arrives late to pain, or bullets, and whatnot. However, due to the nature of his talent, it also means that he won't be there if he's needed, or he'll show up too late to a scene to help, and the like 

Someone in the third book (I can't remember the name) has the talent of being really bad at dancing. If there's music nearby that they can hear, they start fighting like crazy, however they don't get to control it, so they have to avoid music

Kaz has the talent of wandering off. This means that if anyone's with him, they could end up anywhere, but they can teleport extremely far distances.

Again, these are just some examples.

Spoiler

I believe it is Folsom Smedry who is bad at dancing.

Spoiler

Name: Kialk 

Age (between 8 and 18):Gender:14

Talent: if this is magic, idk know. If not, then he has studied rhetoric

Favored weapons (if any): none

Backstory: He was a scholar, always in a library and speaking philosophy.

Other info: non

Art (of your character):he likes to write

I haven’t read this, but can I put this guy in?

12 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:
  Hide contents

Name: Kialk 

Age (between 8 and 18):Gender:14

Talent: if this is magic, idk know. If not, then he has studied rhetoric

Backstory: He was a scholar, always in a library and speaking philosophy.

Other info: non

Art (of your character):he likes to write

I haven’t read this, but can I put this guy in?

(Talent is magic) That looks good, except that last I checked 14 wasn’t a gender :P

I’d love to participate in this if possible!

Spoiler

Name: Tuol

Age (between 8 and 18):14 Gender: Male

Talent: Randomly makes people near him feel ashamed, and they will feel a lot of pressure in their heads. (Changed)

Backstory: was abandoned into Libraria as an infant, and has found his way back to the Free Kingdoms

Other info: none

Art (of your character): none

Edited by TwinSouls

On 1/21/2024 at 6:16 PM, Edema Rue said:

Hello there, and happy hunger games to all! (Sorry about how long this post is, but please read it all! It's very important information!)

To those who thought this was going to be cosmere, sorry about the confusion there. Here you can sign up for the Smedry Hunger Games! To those who haven’t read Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians, the coppermind is your friend…or you can read really really fast. Since each of your characters is essentially young nobility, it’s pretty logical that a lot of them could be distant cousins. So, each character will have a Talent; a silly little magical quirk that can be both annoying and useful; such as the ability to always be late, which could be a problem for most of your life, until you arrive late to an injury, or your own death… (if you haven’t read Alcatraz, this is an example from the books. Don’t use it pretty please). Come up with any Talent you'd like, but we need to approve it. If you'd rather not have a Talent, that's okay too!

To sign up, just fill out the character sheet below and post it here! Only the things in red are required, but the more you develop your characters, the funner it'll be to play them! (Psst-the GM's love conflict. If even one or two characters can facilitate that, it makes our job easier and the games funner!) Note: all tributes must be children from the capitol.

Reveal hidden contents

Name:

Age (between 8 and 18):Gender:

Talent:

Favored weapons (if any):

Backstory:

Other info:

Art (of your character):

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please put them in the chat thread. If you’d like to plan alliances or relationships with other characters, that’s awesome, but please do that in the chat thread or through PM’s. (We’d like to keep this thread from getting too clogged up, so as to not lose anyone’s character sheets).

Signups will close at midnight on February 11th, I assume EST but I’m not sure, so get your characters in before then! The games will startIn the meantime, you can keep roleplaying and developing characters in the district RP’s, though none of your characters will know they’re going to be in the hunger games. You can start using your Talent in the district RP’s ONLY once myself, @SmilingPanda19, or @Invisible have approved it. 

So, your GM’s for this games! Panda will get out a more detailed intro for each of them sometime soon, but for now, your GM's are played by @Edema Rue, @SmilingPanda19, @The Wandering Wizard@InvisibIe, and @Invisible.

One last thing: In the past, the games have moved incredibly quickly for an RP, so a couple things to be aware of: if more than 20 pages pass without you posting, or if you stop responding to mentions, (there's no exact numbers, we have to play it by ear as things progress), we may have to kill off your character. If something comes up and you have to drop out, that's just fine, but we ask that you let us know. As GM's, we try to keep track of everything, but sometimes that can be very hectic. So, if you need to talk to a specific player or GM, please quote or mention them so that your posts don't get lost in the flood! If you die early on but would still like to participate, PM the GM's! As long as you're communicating with us, we're happy to work with you and figure things out. 

As always, thanks so much for playing, and we look forward to watching your characters die in various ways! Happy hunger games, and may the odds be never in your favor.

i would like to note, that most smedry’s are named after prisons.

5 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

i would like to note, that most smedry’s are named after prisons.

I am going to assume that the smedry talents do not require your character's last name to be smedry, for civil reasons.

You can name your character after prisons or not. I don't think it matters too much, but it could be a cool detail to include.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

no actualy i realy like the fish idea.

I do as well. 

The potential of it is scary (but also cool)

[EDIT no merge?]

Edited by Aeoryi