The Official Board Gamers Guild of the 17th Shard

I've noticed some discussion lately about board gaming here on the shard, and I wanted to create a place to condense it all.

I envision this being a space where people can discuss board games, both cosmere themed and not, share mods for our favorite games based on the sando's works, and advertise games you may be running online.

For instance, I've heard of Coup, Villainous, and SW Imperial Assault suggested (in part by yours truly), and I'd like to raise you Call to Adventure (SA edition).

Now for the summonses. People who have mentioned liking Board games, come hence @Experience @Truthless of Shinovar @The Sibling @The Stormfather @danex @Channelknight Fadran @The Wandering Wizard @Invisible @Lord Spirit @witisthebest

Summon forth your own friends.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

@The Bookwyrm @That1Cellist @Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @TheGreatSnail @Edema Rue @Lightweaver2 I SUMMON THEE!!!!

I'd like to raise you Spirit Island!!!

I've heard of it. If you run a thread in forum games, I'm down to join.

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

@The Bookwyrm @That1Cellist @Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @TheGreatSnail @Edema Rue @Lightweaver2 I SUMMON THEE!!!!

I'd like to raise you Spirit Island!!!

Hehe, I want to try it.

Anyone know betrayal at house on the hill?

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

Hehe, I want to try it.

Anyone know betrayal at house on the hill?

1/2e right? Not the weird 3e?

Yeah, If we can get another person, I can run a PM for that.

All in all, I think PM's are better for this kind of than threads, unless peeps aren't comfortable in PM's

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I want to get that game soooooo bad.

That makes three. I'll give it some more time in case we get more people (max of 6 total), then I'll add you all to a PM. One other thing for Betrayal. I have the widow's walk expansion, so consider whether we want to include it.

13 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

/2e right? Not the weird 3e?

I think?

6 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

That makes three. I'll give it some more time in case we get more people (max of 6 total), then I'll add you all to a PM. One other thing for Betrayal. I have the widow's walk expansion, so consider whether we want to include it.

I also have the expansion, though I feel that it actually detracts from the game overall.

I don’t know when/if I’ll have time to play.

13 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I'm still salty that they removed Cyberbunny from the newest version of the game, she's the best part!

I hadn't realised they did that! Now I'm mad...

Also, has anyone here heard of Twilight Imperium? I have played many board games, and that one is by far my favourite.

7 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

I think?

I also have the expansion, though I feel that it actually detracts from the game overall.

I don’t know when/if I’ll have time to play.

I personally love the extra rooms and haunts, it makes every game more unique. There's an errata sheet that fixes some of it's problems, but the game if perfectly fun even when unbalanced (that's the beauty of it).

All the games would be turn based, so there's no stress to play more than a few minutes every day(except for the person running things.

7 hours ago, Lunamor said:

It's a relatively simple game, but I really like King of Tokyo.

It is really fun. One that I play often of BGA, and it's also one that would be easy to play virtually.

6 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

I hadn't realised they did that! Now I'm mad...

Also, has anyone here heard of Twilight Imperium? I have played many board games, and that one is by far my favourite.

I have heard of it, but never played.

Speaking of BGA, anyone want to add me on there? My username is Lord Elend Venture. I haven't been active much lately and only ever do turn based, but I don't think there is a friend limit.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I also have!!

Did you know that there's a Wyrmspan coming out about dragons? :333

What?!?!?!

I would love that.

Sounds Amazing, when does it release.

1 minute ago, Lord Spirit said:

Carcassone is great, I just never get enough Monasteries.

Monasteries are great but they aren’t everything, often I get a lot of monasteries but still lose because I got barely any cities.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

3D-box-768x915.thumb.png.2fab1c3cec583d18e8050bc9a875dbe6.png

Supposed to be releasing on the 31st of this month :D :D :D

I totally need to get that!

Also, not sure if it quite counts as a board game, but I recently got Doomlings and it’s been great.