The Official Board Gamers Guild of the 17th Shard

Alright, this thread has seen lot's of action now so I'm gonna say last call for Betrayal.

We'll play turn based, and I'll run everything myself. All anyone has to do is show up maybe once or twice a day.

If you don't know how to play we can teach you/link to the rulebook or a tutorial.

Right now we have 3/6 players.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I might have got over 250 points in carcassonne once 😅

I don't think I've got quite that high, great job.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:22 PM, The Sibling said:

Has anyone here played Power Grid? It's my favourite board game. It's so fun and there's so many ways to annoy the other players. Also @The Stormfather, you should probably be here.

I’ve played that game. It’s pretty fun, although I feel like I need a calculator to play optimally.

1 hour ago, NameIess said:

I’ve played that game. It’s pretty fun, although I feel like I need a calculator to play optimally.

Yeah, sometimes when we're playing someone will just randomly stop the game to do calculations for a second. And my brother very recently started playing with a sheet of paper so he could write down his plans.

4 minutes ago, The Sibling said:

Yeah, sometimes when we're playing someone will just randomly stop the game to do calculations for a second. And my brother very recently started playing with a sheet of paper so he could write down his plans.

Yeah, adding together all the costs that you'll have to pay in a round in your head gets difficult, especially towards the end of the game.

Has anyone played a game called Steam? I've only played it once (the simpler version) but it was pretty fun.

I was obsessed with Monopoly as a smaller child, and while I'm not as big of a fan of it anymore, I do think it is kinda overhated.

Catan is also a really fun one, and another excellent board game (YOU GET TO BUILD SPACESHIP THINGIES AND GET THEM DESTROYED) is Galaxy Trucker.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:23 PM, Lord Spirit said:

Anyone like or play Diplomacy?

love diplomacy. prefer risk tbh

On 1/24/2024 at 1:44 AM, Lord Spirit said:

Carcassone is great, I just never get enough Monasteries.

monistaries are always hard for me aswell

On 1/24/2024 at 4:46 AM, Lego Mistborn said:

Alright, this thread has seen lot's of action now so I'm gonna say last call for Betrayal.

We'll play turn based, and I'll run everything myself. All anyone has to do is show up maybe once or twice a day.

If you don't know how to play we can teach you/link to the rulebook or a tutorial.

Right now we have 3/6 players.

I don't think I've got quite that high, great job.

hey i would love to join. need to learn but is a fast study in the ways of board games

22 hours ago, The Sibling said:

I write it down in the weirdest ways and make it look super dumb with terrible handwriting mostly to confuse people.

11 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

hey i would love to join. need to learn but is a fast study in the ways of board games

I will get that started as soon as I get a bit of homework done. We will get a rulebook/tutorial in the PM for you.

WAIT THIS EXISTS?

Have yall heard about the Mistborn Deckbuilder?

EDIT: Also if people have Tabletop Simulator we should play games.  

Edited by Cash67

On 1/29/2024 at 8:43 AM, Cash67 said:

WAIT THIS EXISTS?

Have yall heard about the Mistborn Deckbuilder?

EDIT: Also if people have Tabletop Simulator we should play games.  

Is that the new one or is it old?

I already mentioned, but I have BGA. I can't afford Tabletop Simulator, or I'd leap at the chance.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:12 PM, Lego Mistborn said:

Is that the new one or is it old?

I already mentioned, but I have BGA. I can't afford Tabletop Simulator, or I'd leap at the chance.

It comes out late this year. Check my SUs for the link!

OHHH I used to use BGA. I can fire up my old account again. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 11:31 AM, Highprince10 said:

Anybody ever play code names I love to play it but it's so stressful all the time and you have to think what others will think you will think.  

Yeah I love Codenames! Usually I just play with my family so it's not too stressful. I really like the concept for codenames. It's kind of like dix it which is also really fun.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm necroing this, but I wanted to inform you all that the Jack Vasel Memorial Auction kicks off on Thurday. If you have the funds to bid for a game, I strongly recommend checking it out. The story for how the whole thing started is very moving and the funds go to help board gamers in their times of need.

P.S. This is hosted on BGG