the court rp

RoyalBeeMage

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Chairwoman Eddie was quiet for a long moment, then nodded. "Continue."

Thaidakar raises an eyebrow, nods.

He walked over to the child slowly and carefully with a smile on his face. He knelt beside her and said softly, "This is going to work out." He muttered a few words to her that the jury, the judge and everyone else couldn't hear. "I have done something very clever, small one. I have not said who's lawyer I am. If you want to go to a specific parent, I will make sure you get to them. Do you have a choice that you want to make or should the grownups keep fighting like they're far younger than you?"

@Just-A-Stick

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar raises an eyebrow, nods.

He walked over to the child slowly and carefully with a smile on his face. He knelt beside her and said softly, "This is going to work out." He muttered a few words to her that the jury, the judge and everyone else couldn't hear. "I have done something very clever, small one. I have not said who's lawyer I am. If you want to go to a specific parent, I will make sure you get to them. Do you have a choice that you want to make or should the grownups keep fighting like they're far younger than you?"

@Just-A-Stick

"I love them both." She whispers, wiping her eyes and not looking at him. 

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"I love them both." She whispers, wiping her eyes and not looking at him. 

Thaidakar looked at her for a long moment. He smiled, finally, and said, "I promise it will work out." He patted her on the shoulder, "I promise."

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Raven looks away in disgust. The jury is supposed to review facts... not intimidate children. Abhorrent. He gets his emotions under control, then he speaks. "Are there any more items that we need review?"

He stood up, looking around the court. The lawyer approached the front of the court stiffly. "Yes, yes there is. Do I have the floor, your honor?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar looked at her for a long moment. He smiled, finally, and said, "I promise it will work out." He patted her on the shoulder, "I promise."

He stood up, looking around the court. The lawyer approached the front of the court stiffly. "Yes, yes there is. Do I have the floor, your honor?"

"Yes. Please share" Raven says, his eyes fiery.

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Stick, you are free to leave the room if you wish. This is no place for a child, and im sorry you are having to go through this."

"Did you introduce her to the shard?"

"She introduced me."  I shoot a small smile at Stick and mime holding her hand, though she's too far away to actually accomplish this.

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"She introduced me."  I shoot a small smile at Stick and mime holding her hand, though she's too far away to actually accomplish this.

Stick smiles back at her, anxiety disappearing for the moment. 

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Yes. Please share" Raven says, his eyes fiery.

Thaidakar looked around the room thoughtfully. "My dear friends, the jury, the judge, the parents... We are here, I will remind you, to decide a serious matter. Where will the child be? Will the child wind up with @SmilingPanda19 or @Part Of The Narrative? Or, perhaps, as @SmilingPanda19 suggests, one will have them irl and one will have them online. These three choices are what have been proposed, as well as the thing I suggested earlier. However," Thaidakar pulled out another paper, "There is something we have not discussed yet, and I would like the jury to consider this option. Both parents love the child, that is fact. Otherwise, why would they be fighting over them?

"The child, @Just-A-Stick told me something that has made me think a lot about all of this. The child, Stick, wants both. I will remind you that we are discussing the fate of the child not," He said, turning to the Judge, "of the parents.

"My proposition at this point is that there are basic ground rules set between the parents about what authorities they have over the child individually so that they can work together for the child's over all benefit." The lawyer smiled at Stick. "These ground rules are set by the parents and two trusted lawyers from two different firms. Thus, the parents can both operate in the same spaces with the child while there are things set for how they do things."

He looked around, then, finally, he looked at the child with a questioning smile on his face, "Does that sound peaceable to you?"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar looked around the room thoughtfully. "My dear friends, the jury, the judge, the parents... We are here, I will remind you, to decide a serious matter. Where will the child be? Will the child wind up with @SmilingPanda19 or @Part Of The Narrative? Or, perhaps, as @SmilingPanda19 suggests, one will have them irl and one will have them online. These three choices are what have been proposed, as well as the thing I suggested earlier. However," Thaidakar pulled out another paper, "There is something we have not discussed yet, and I would like the jury to consider this option. Both parents love the child, that is fact. Otherwise, why would they be fighting over them?

"The child, @Just-A-Stick told me something that has made me think a lot about all of this. The child, Stick, wants both. I will remind you that we are discussing the fate of the child not," He said, turning to the Judge, "of the parents.

"My proposition at this point is that there are basic ground rules set between the parents about what authorities they have over the child individually so that they can work together for the child's over all benefit." The lawyer smiled at Stick. "These ground rules are set by the parents and two trusted lawyers from two different firms. Thus, the parents can both operate in the same spaces with the child while there are things set for how they do things."

He looked around, then, finally, he looked at the child with a questioning smile on his face, "Does that sound peaceable to you?"

Raven sits back, quiet. "thank you thaidakar."

29 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Stick looked at Thaidakar blankly. "What?" 

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Depending on your decision, i will make my next move."

I stare at the floor. "If...if the child wills, I...will step down from...being a mamma. @SmilingPanda19 may have full custody...whatever @Just-A-Stick wants." I sit abruptly. "That's all."

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

I stare at the floor. "If...if the child wills, I...will step down from...being a mamma. @SmilingPanda19 may have full custody...whatever @Just-A-Stick wants." I sit abruptly. "That's all."

Stick looks at @SmilingPanda19, then at @Part Of The Narrative, then at the floor.

A tear falls from her eye, landing on her boot. it's followed by another, then another. She makes no move to wipe then away, only staring at the floor. The boards go blurry in her eyes, and she cries harder, not making a sound, not looking up.