the court rp

RoyalBeeMage

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

Stick looks at @SmilingPanda19, then at @Part Of The Narrative, then at the floor.

A tear falls from her eye, landing on her boot. it's followed by another, then another. She makes no move to wipe then away, only staring at the floor. The boards go blurry in her eyes, and she cries harder, not making a sound, not looking up. 

"What?" I say softly, frustrated. "I'm trying!"

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

I dare a glance at Stick but quickly look away.

"yes."

Raven has tears come to his eyes. Dammit... Not professional. not at all. "Narrative. It is not my decision to make. but, you have my vote." STOP CRYING YOU IDIOT.

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Stick looks at @SmilingPanda19, then at @Part Of The Narrative, then at the floor.

A tear falls from her eye, landing on her boot. it's followed by another, then another. She makes no move to wipe then away, only staring at the floor. The boards go blurry in her eyes, and she cries harder, not making a sound, not looking up. 

"Stick. i ask for your words, if you are..." he takes a deep breath. "Able."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar watched all this with his brain moving at the speed of a freight train. How could he fix this?

Then... it came to him.

"There is one more alternative."

Raven shakes his head. "Say your alternative. if its to cut the child in half, i will physically throw you out of the courtroom myself."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Raven shakes his head. "Say your alternative. if its to cut the child in half, i will physically throw you out of the courtroom myself."

"And I would expect no less!"

Thaidakar almost laughed.

It was too easy. FAR too easy of a solution. But, oft times, the best solutions are the easy ones.

"We've been looking at this in the wrong way. What if they merely alternate days? Think about it. Here's how two weeks would go. Sunday: Panda gets Stick. Monday: Narrative gets stick. Tuesday: Panda gets Stick. And so on until next Sunday. On that Sunday, Narrative would get Stick and it would be the opposite of the previous week. My friends, is that not the perfect solution?"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

It was too easy. FAR too easy of a solution. But, oft times, the best solutions are the easy ones.

"We've been looking at this in the wrong way. What if they merely alternate days? Think about it. Here's how two weeks would go. Sunday: Panda gets Stick. Monday: Narrative gets stick. Tuesday: Panda gets Stick. And so on until next Sunday. On that Sunday, Narrative would get Stick and it would be the opposite of the previous week. My friends, is that not the perfect solution?"

Raven stares. "Wha-" he turns it over in his head, letting it simmer, and it jogs loose a memory. "That happens to be a typical solution. i studied law... and a lawyer knew better than i"

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I'm not interested in passing her around like a toy. Whatever she wants." I look at Stick. "I won't drown myself." 

In a whisper, "yet."

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

"I'm not interested in passing her around like a toy. Whatever she wants." I look at Stick. "I won't drown myself." 

In a whisper, "yet."

Raven nods. "Good. Stick, of the three options that have been presented, which would you rather take?"