Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

2 hours ago, Toothless of Shinover said:

That is granted but the problem is that you are slowly dying because you are spending to much time on it and not enough exercise, sleep and many other important things.

Your boon is granted!

I wish for the complete knowledge of all WoBs that exist and will ever exist without having to read or listen to them.

Granted. And as the Nightwatcher is really thoughtful she notices your aversion to spending your time reading or listening to those things, and simply dumps the entire Cosmere story and lore into your mind. Now you know every single character, event, and plot point there will ever be, barring the need for you to read any upcoming books. 

I wish for a part time job that I like and that leaves me refreshed when I finish a shift. 

12 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Granted. And as the Nightwatcher is really thoughtful she notices your aversion to spending your time reading or listening to those things, and simply dumps the entire Cosmere story and lore into your mind. Now you know every single character, event, and plot point there will ever be, barring the need for you to read any upcoming books

Hey, I can just have a person ask about the plot of each chapter and have them copy the book down and name it something else, problem solved.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, Eluvianii said:

I wish for a part time job that I like and that leaves me refreshed when I finish a shift. 

Granted! 

The Nightwatcher gives you a set of pajamas (the pj pants have vines artfully twining through a teselatted repetition of the double eye of the Almighty, and the jade green PJ top has a cute cartoon version of the Nightwatcher coiled and smiling over bubble letter text saying, "Life's boon good") and she also gives you a slip of paper. 

After you receive these items you are instantaneously transported back to earth. Looking down at the slip of paper you read, "You have been selected to participate in a paid sleep study, where we will be testing the effects of eating gourmet cuisine and high quality chocolate on the quality of subsequent sleep".

Your bane is that whenever you have to select between multiple checkout lines you will invariably pick the slowest one. 

I wish for a pancho...a pancho of invisibility, cuz why not? 

10 hours ago, forget me not said:

Granted. You may never take it off, and therefore will always remain invisible.

I wish for a pencil that never goes dull.

Granted. #3* pencil it is. scantron.png.64fc0e95a7133305caae2a858b2b2ef0.png

*#3+

I wish for Physics exams to have content that we've gone over

Granted. But you now love to sleep so much that you sleep twice as long as you used to.

I wish to re-live my life starting from 7:00 a.m. Mar. 13, with the ability to do/undo things I want to do/undo. I'll carry all my current memory, without any mental/physic disability appearing on me or those around me and without any accident happening because of the time transfer. The current timeline I'm on will end right as I do the time transfer.

Edited by The One Ring

*cocks head*, interestingly specific wish, but granted, no strings attached. May you do well with the new timeline. At 7:00 am, Mar. 21, you will be inflicted with a bone disease in the leg. It will not be terminal, but will eventually cause that leg to go completely lame. If you are able to get the appropriate surgery to remove it before July 31st, your leg will make a full recovery, and you find it better than ever.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, The One Ring said:

I wish to know what The Technovore's name mean

Granted, the name becomes immediately apparent to you, you think you can solve all life's problems with this knowledge. You go to write this down, but then you get a really important phone call or something, and you forget what you were supposed to be doing.

I wish I could pause time whilst reading books.

@The One Ring

Spoiler

(it's a reference to an iron man villian and I think it's cool)

Granted, you are now a Slider. However, somewhere in the world someone else has become a Steelrunner/Pewterarm, and are contracted to find you and spike you.

I wish to take back my previous lack of wishing.

I also wish to become a Slider because I really need more than 24 hours in a day right now and I'm willing to pay for it.

3 hours ago, The Technovore said:

@The One Ring

Reveal hidden contents

(it's a reference to an iron man villian and I think it's cool)

Granted, you are now a Slider. However, somewhere in the world someone else has become a Steelrunner/Pewterarm, and are contracted to find you and spike you.

I wish to take back my previous lack of wishing.

I also wish to become a Slider because I really need more than 24 hours in a day right now and I'm willing to pay for it.

I could just read for the rest of my life. I'd die of old age (having read an ungodly amount of books) before the Steelrunner/Pewterarm gets to me.

I'll take the second wish:

For every extra hour you get per day, you must pay however much you make per hour at your job.

I wish I knew exactly when and how I die.

Edited by Lord of the Dark Lands

On 3/27/2021 at 4:41 PM, Lord of the Dark Lands said:

I could just read for the rest of my life. I'd die of old age (having read an ungodly amount of books) before the Steelrunner/Pewterarm gets to me.

I'll take the second wish:

For every extra hour you get per day, you must pay however much you make per hour at your job.

I wish I knew exactly when and how I die.

Granted: While you left your bubble to tell us this (because could internet really go through speed bubbles in a receivable way?) The steelrunner Pewterarm catches up and 'harvests' your power. You are left to die. EDIT: sorry, just realized that this wish was already fulfilled. My bad

I wish for unlimited power.

Granted! You implode continuously after becoming a black hole that does not give off enough Hawking Radiation to eventually dissolve. We'll all die eventually because of this, but we'll all die eventually anyway, so...

I wish to not be nauseous when reading while riding in cars

Edited by GoWibble

14 minutes ago, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

I shall give you the boon of every hour of sleep counting twice toward your wakefulness. Your curse shall be that every such hour shall be filled with nightmares of having every curse listed in this form thus far.

Shall I forbear?

I wish for control over every surge.

Granted. (Although you don't have access to the stormlight you need to power the surges...)

Your bane is that you are now allergic to all types of investiture. It would make stormlight healing really awkward.

I wish for a Smedry talent and oculatory skills along with lenses.

17 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Granted. (Although you don't have access to the stormlight you need to power the surges...)

Your bane is that you are now allergic to all types of investiture. It would make stormlight healing really awkward.

I wish for a Smedry talent and oculatory skills along with lenses.

Granted, but you only get them in your dreams

I wish for a mask that doesn't fog up my glasses, while also not getting into my eyes

59 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Granted. Its actually not that hard, it just needs to only cover the tip of your nose. The bane is that the mask smells absolutely horrible and you never get used to the smell.

I wish to be able to paint so well it looks like a photo. 

Granted. Your paintings look like photos. 

Your bane is that you can't walk on grass anymore. (I don't know.)

I wish to be able to do athletic stuff.

Granted, but now you can't do social stuff.

I wish for a fish burrito with lettuce, mustard, pico de gallo, bit of sour cream, and also make it gourmet. Also can I super-size it? And a size of fried onions please. 

Edit:
"Your ban is that you can't walk on grass anymore." I like to imagine that if they tried their legs would just rebel and go somewhere else instead. And then if they tried to throw themselves face-first into the grass, they'd just levitate like an inch above it, before hovering over to where there wasn't grass and falling to the ground.

Edited by The Technovore

29 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Granted, but now you can't do social stuff.

Ha! Jokes on you! I already can't do social stuff!

30 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

I wish for a fish burrito with lettuce, mustard, pico de gallo, bit of sour cream, and also make it gourmet. Also can I super-size it? And a size of fried onions please. 

Granted. 

Your bane is that you lost $29.99.

This next wish is for the entire world.

I wish for COVID-19 to be eradicated!