Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Yeah…that’s what I meant. I tend to make other people uncomfortable too. But, well, you haven’t made me uncomfortable, you seem very nice.” His Gift started morphing in his hand, becoming different shapes, then extending above his palm in a spiral pattern.

Jenny smiled at Edgars words, then smiled even more as his Gift morphed into a mesmerizing pattern. She wondered why that was what he apparently needed at the moment. Jenny carefully tapped it to see if that made it do anything interesting.

Over Edgar’s shoulder, she noticed a kid at the other Hephaestus table looking at her, then down at the table’s new carving, then back at her. She must’ve appreciated her art! Jenny waved at her, grinning.

The kid is actually angrily glaring at her, for reference.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny smiled at Edgars words, then smiled even more as his Gift morphed into a mesmerizing pattern. She wondered why that was what he apparently needed at the moment. Jenny carefully tapped it to see if that made it do anything interesting.

Over Edgar’s shoulder, she noticed a kid at the other Hephaestus table looking at her, then down at the table’s new carving, then back at her. She must’ve appreciated her art! Jenny waved at her, grinning.

It snapped around her finger, then immediately recoiled. Edgar quickly tucked it away. “Sorry.” He glanced over at his brother. “Ignore him, it’s not worth it.”

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

What's his problem?? Kasa kept eating, keeping an eye on him.

roy stands up and walks over to the posiden table. "what is your problem. you are just staring at me for no reason?"

16 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

It snapped around her finger, then immediately recoiled. Edgar quickly tucked it away. “Sorry.” He glanced over at his brother. “Ignore him, it’s not worth it.”

Jenny didn’t jump when the Gift snapped at her. Instead, her fascination with it grew. Was it intelligent? It didn’t seem like that was an entirely wanted behavior. She barely registered Edgar’s next words.

”Hmm? Oh, ok.”

Odd that Edgar was apologizing. She cheerfully waved at the guy anyways. She was pretty sure that it was rude to not wave at someone.

Edited by Lunamor
Removed stuff

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny didn’t jump when the Gift snapped at her. Instead, her fascination with it grew. Was it intelligent? It didn’t seem like that was an entirely wanted behavior. She barely registered Edgar’s next words.

”Hmm? Oh, ok.”

Odd that Edgar was apologizing. She cheerfully waved at the guy anyways. She was pretty sure that it was rude to not wave at someone.

“Are you…trying to antagonize him?” Edgar asked hesitantly.

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“Are you…trying to antagonize him?” Edgar asked hesitantly.

Antagonize him?

”What do you mean? He looked like he liked my bird art. And it’s rude not to wave at people. I think.”

She tilted her head.

”Or is waving at people rude? Oh no. I’ve waved at so many people…”

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Antagonize him?

”What do you mean? He looked like he liked my bird art. And it’s rude not to wave at people. I think.”

She tilted her head.

”Or is waving at people rude? Oh no. I’ve waved at so many people…”

“Umm…well…he wasn’t exactly…appreciating it. He was more…disliking it. Waving at people is nice, but usually only if they know you. Off they don’t know you, it can be ok, but if they don’t appreciate it, it usually just makes them madder.”

5 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Umm…well…he wasn’t exactly…appreciating it. He was more…disliking it. Waving at people is nice, but usually only if they know you. Off they don’t know you, it can be ok, but if they don’t appreciate it, it usually just makes them madder.”

Well shoot. That could explain some things.

”How do you know when someone appreciates it?”

Jenny paused for a half second, then continued on.

”You don’t need to answer that. I’ve tried to read books that answer that question, but do a poor job of understanding them. People haven’t had much luck explaining it to me either, although they’re normally pretty angry when they do that.”

She decided to attempt to change the subject.

”How’s being a Hephaestus kid?”

Well shoot. That could explain some things.

”How do you know when someone appreciates it?”

Jenny paused for a half second, then continued on.

”You don’t need to answer that. I’ve tried to read books that answer that question, but do a poor job of understanding them. People haven’t had much luck explaining it to me either, although they’re normally pretty angry when they do that.”

She decided to attempt to change the subject.

”How’s being a Hephaestus kid?”

“People are…difficult to say the least. I guess it mostly just takes practice to see how they’re feeling. And as for being a Hephaestus kid, it’s tiring.” His gift slid out of his pocket and into his hand, making a small metal bird, which, for some reason, had its neck twisted wrong.

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“People are…difficult to say the least. I guess it mostly just takes practice to see how they’re feeling. And as for being a Hephaestus kid, it’s tiring.” His gift slid out of his pocket and into his hand, making a small metal bird, which, for some reason, had its neck twisted wrong.

Jenny gasped. Her face immediately brightened.

”That’s the bird I reanimated today!”

With much difficulty, she restrained herself from trying to pet it. She didn’t want it to disappear again. 

“It’s so accurate…”

She doubted that her carving was enough to allow for it to create such a spot-on replica. That meant it had to have read her mind. Either that, or Edgar had been spying on her. 

Jenny gasped. Her face immediately brightened.

”That’s the bird I reanimated today!”

With much difficulty, she restrained herself from trying to pet it. She didn’t want it to disappear again. 

“It’s so accurate…”

She doubted that her carving was enough to allow for it to create such a spot-on replica. That meant it had to have read her mind. Either that, or Edgar had been spying on her. 

“Is it? That’s interesting…” thank you. He held it out. “I think it was meant for you, not me.”

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Is it? That’s interesting…” thank you. He held it out. “I think it was meant for you, not me.”

Jenny carefully took the bird, then held it up in front of her face. She inspected the finer details, impressed. It was just as cute as she remembered. Ever so gently, she pet its head. The metal’s coolness felt exactly like that of a corpse. 

“It’s lovely! Thanks for showing me the bird again, Gift.”

She wasn’t sure if it could understand language, but thanked it just in case.

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

I’d be good with that.

7 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny carefully took the bird, then held it up in front of her face. She inspected the finer details, impressed. It was just as cute as she remembered. Ever so gently, she pet its head. The metal’s coolness felt exactly like that of a corpse. 

“It’s lovely! Thanks for showing me the bird again, Gift.”

She wasn’t sure if it could understand language, but thanked it just in case.

I don’t think I’ve said this, the Gift is celestial bronze.

Edgar smiled widely. It was nice to be able help someone else, even in a small way. Slowly, the gift shifted into a…

It’s connected to Jenny’s thoughts/feelings right now, so you can choose what it turns into. It’ll go back to Edgar fairly soon though.

30 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar smiled widely. It was nice to be able help someone else, even in a small way. Slowly, the gift shifted into a…

The Gift shifted into a small replica of a cat. It was a mangy thing, missing one eye and parts of its ears. The tail swooshed, all puffed up. She swore she could hear purring, although that might have been her imagination.

”Johnathan…”

It had been forever since Jenny had last seen her beloved cat. He’d died of old age when she was young. She missed him so much. She’d tried to fix him, but…

Remember, Jenny. You need to remember. 

Skeletal hands reached up from the dirt. Dragged her cat away. Her father told her no. Said he was old. Said she was going too far. The little girl cried. The little girl yelled. The little girl was angry.

Remember her.

A kind woman approached the little girl. She tried to speak. The little girl screamed. 

Remember.

Jenny’s eyes opened wide and began to glisten with tears.

“I didn’t- I-“

REMEMBER.

Jenny shut her eyes tightly, sending the welled-up tears rolling down her cheeks.