Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

Just now, The Clarinetist said:

"Please help!" Harold yells, just noticing the girl. "There's a giant ant chasing me! My arrows just bounce off it's shell!"

Edgar dashed forward to where the kid was, barely sparing a thought for the nigh-unguarded flag. “Where is it? Keep running, I’ll distract it. Go that way,” he said, pointing towards the camp.

3 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"Please help!" Harold yells, just noticing the girl. "There's a giant ant chasing me! My arrows just bounce off it's shell!"

“…a what?”

Jenny had never heard of a giant ant. It sounded like it was something the mist would conjure up, but this kid had to be a demigod unless someone had given him permission to enter the camp.

She looked towards where the kid had come from, trying to see what he was talking about. Jenny preemptively dipped a dart in her poison and loaded it in the blowgun, taking aim in that general direction.

@Weaver of Lights

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar dashed forward to where the kid was, barely sparing a thought for the nigh-unguarded flag. “Where is it? Keep running, I’ll distract it. Go that way,” he said, pointing towards the camp.

"It's just out out of sight, directly behind me. Thank you."

5 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"It's just out out of sight, directly behind me. Thank you."

Jenny moved her finger so that it was hovering over the blowgun’s fancy button thing. Did ants have chitin? Maybe she could get a dart between the plates. But on a moving target, that would be hard… maybe the eyes could work…

@Weaver of Lights

9 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

The myrmyke bursts into the clearing and stops, confused. Wasn't it only chasing one person? Then it spits acid at the one with a sword.

Jenny didn’t expect the giant ant to have acid. She supposed that if it already broke the laws of nature with its size, then acid might not be too out there. She took aim at an eye with her blowgun, and blew through it to launch the dart. She wanted to save whatever the button thing did until she had gotten aiming the darts down. 

Proving her stinginess right, the dart sailed past the monster’s head, missing gloriously. 

“Gosh darn it!”

She prepared another dart.

@Weaver of Lights

Edited by Lunamor

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny didn’t expect the giant ant to have acid. She supposed that if it already broke the laws of nature with its size, then acid might not be too out there. She took aim at an eye with her blowgun, and blew through it to launch the dart. She wanted to save whatever the button thing did until she had gotten aiming the darts down. 

Proving her stinginess right, the dart sailed past the monster’s head, missing gloriously. 

“Gosh darn it!”

@Weaver of Lights

The myrmyke bursts into the clearing and stops, confused. Wasn't it only chasing one person? Then it spits acid at the one with a sword.

Edgar’s Gift became a shield, blocking the acid. He made sure it was facing both him and Jenny, trying to get her a good shot. I wonder how that kid got into this mess.

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Gosh darn it!”

@Weaver of Lights

The ant got enraged and rushed towards the one with wood, intent on crushing her with its mandibles

2 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

The ant got enraged and rushed towards the one with wood, intent on crushing her with its mandibles

Edgar stepped in and rammed the ant with his shield. Then he stepped back again, prepared to defend against its next attacks.

4 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar stepped in and rammed the ant with his shield. Then he stepped back again, prepared to defend against its next attacks.

When Edgar forced the ant to briefly come to a halt, Jenny considered her options. She doubted that her poison could be very effective against stopping the entire ant due to its size, and her darts might not make it very far into its giant eye. She took aim at a gap between the chitin of one of its legs this time. Fortunately, her dart impacted its intended target. The poison seeped through its tough skin, and that leg began to droop as a small section of its body was paralyzed.

@The Clarinetist

Edited by Lunamor
Droop not drop

Just now, Lunamor said:

When Edgar forced the ant to briefly come to a halt, Jenny considered her options. She doubted that her poison could be very effective against stopping the entire ant due to its size, and her darts might not make it very far into its giant eye. She took aim at a gap between the chitin of one of its legs this time. Fortunately, her dart impacted its intended target. The poison seeped through its tough skin, and that leg began to drop as a small section of its body was paralyzed.

@The Clarinetist

The ant fell, and started spraying acid everywhere, intent on killing the two.

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

When Edgar forced the ant to briefly come to a halt, Jenny considered her options. She doubted that her poison could be very effective against stopping the entire ant due to its size, and her darts might not make it very far into its giant eye. She took aim at a gap between the chitin of one of its legs this time. Fortunately, her dart impacted its intended target. The poison seeped through its tough skin, and that leg began to droop as a small section of its body was paralyzed.

@The Clarinetist

2 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

Edgar saw the day got the ant, and its leg weaken. He moved his shield to block as much of  the acid as he could, though some still burned him. He went on the defensive, his shield growing to block more acid. As long as he distracted the ant, Jenny should be able to eventually take it out with her poison.

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar saw the day got the ant, and its leg weaken. He moved his shield to block as much of  the acid as he could, though some still burned him. He went on the defensive, his shield growing to block more acid. As long as he distracted the ant, Jenny should be able to eventually take it out with her poison.

The poison quickly wore off, and, seeing the one with the shield get burned, tried to take it back to its nest.

5 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Jenny hopped backwards to a branch behind her and acid sprayed her direction. She missed the brunt of it, the leaves in front of her melting away, but some splashed onto her arms and cheek and sizzled against her skin. She ignored the pain, although seeing Edgar get burned hurt.

The ant was becoming dangerous, so she knew they had to take it out quickly. They had no time for taking out each leg individually. Jenny reloaded a poisoned dart, took aim at the ant’s eye, and pressed the button on the side of the blowgun.

Edited by Lunamor

7 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

The poison quickly wore off, and, seeing the one with the shield get burned, tried to take it back to its nest.

Edgar wedged his shield between the ant’s mandibles, ignoring the acid that got on him. A dart whistled past his ear, moving incredibly quickly, and slammed into the ant’s eye. @Lunamor

Is this ok?

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar wedged his shield between the ant’s mandibles, ignoring the acid that got on him. A dart whistled past his ear, moving incredibly quickly, and slammed into the ant’s eye. @Lunamor

Sure! I mostly wasn’t sure what the button did.

Jenny crossed her fingers and hoped that the dart could reach the ant’s brain, or at least paralyze an eye.

Up to you on how effective this is, Clarinetist.

@The Clarinetist

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny hopped backwards to a branch behind her and acid sprayed her direction. She missed the brunt of it, the leaves in front of her melting away, but some splashed onto her arms and cheek and sizzled against her skin. She ignored the pain, although seeing Edgar get burned hurt.

The ant was becoming dangerous, so she knew they had to take it out quickly. They had no time for taking out each leg individually. Jenny reloaded a poisoned dart, took aim at the ant’s eye, and pressed the button on the side of the blowgun.

The ant falls seemingly dead as the dart pierces its brain

Edited by The Clarinetist

1 minute ago, The Clarinetist said:

The ant falls seemingly dead as the dart pierces its brain

Edgar walks forward cautiously, finds a chink in the ant’s chitin, and stabs into  it. The ant disintegrates into dust. Edgar jogs over to Jenny, wincing as he felt his wounds from before and Nor now his acid burns. “Nice shot, I’m lucky you had my back.”

5 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

The ant falls dead as the dart pierces its brain

Jenny grinned. This was probably the biggest monster she had ever killed! The smile hurt her face, though. The burned cheek would be rather annoying.

She dropped to the ground, walking over to Edgar. She concernedly looked him over, trying to assess the severity of his burns. He’d gotten sprayed more than she had.

“I think your fancy blowgun made the difference. I doubt the dart would have gotten far enough without it. I’d suggest we keep playing, but we should probably inform camp of a massive acid-ant that breached camp borders and help that kid it was chasing.”

Edited by Lunamor

Harold stops at the creek for a drink and a break, and thinks I should probably go back, as I don't want those two kids to die, and starts his long run back.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny grinned. This was probably the biggest monster she had ever killed! The smile hurt her face, though. The burned cheek would be rather annoying.

She dropped to the ground, walking over to Edgar. She concernedly looked him over, trying to assess the severity of his burns. He’d gotten sprayed more than she had.

“I’d suggest we keep playing, but we should probably inform camp of a massive acid-ant that breached camp borders and help that kid it was chasing.”

Edit: Ninja’d

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

The ant dissolves to dust leaving a single mandible behind.

When Harold gets back, he sees a pile of dust and two very burnt kids.

6 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“I think your fancy blowgun made the difference. I doubt the dart would have gotten far enough without it. I’d suggest we keep playing, but we should probably inform camp of a massive acid-ant that breached camp borders and help that kid it was chasing.”

He grinned back at her, the excitement of the moment getting to him. It had been a long time since he’d had a battle like this, in fact, the last time had been… He cleared his mind, he didn’t need to think about that.

“I’m really happy it helped, though it would have been useless without you! And yeah, we probably need to tell someone, and figure out who that kid was. Hopefully he’s safe.” He looked at her cheek, inspecting her burn. “I wish you hadn’t been hurt.”

He turned and saw the boy from before. “Who are you?” @The Clarinetist

4 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

He grinned back at her, the excitement of the moment getting to him. It had been a long time since he’d had a battle like this, in fact, the last time had been… He cleared his mind, he didn’t need to think about that.

“I’m really happy it helped, though it would have been useless without you! And yeah, we probably need to tell someone, and figure out who that kid was. Hopefully he’s safe.” He looked at her cheek, inspecting her burn. “I wish you hadn’t been hurt.”

He turned and saw the boy from before. “Who are you?” @The Clarinetist

Jenny was about to insist that she was fine and note that Edgar seemed to be doing fairly worse, but the kid returning drew her attention away. Why had he returned? Had he gotten lost? Were there more monsters where he had fled to? 

She fetched the mandible so they would have proof that there was a giant ant and kept watch for more monsters over the kid’s shoulder.

@The Clarinetist