Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar dug in to his food. He was going to need his strength both for the quest and to heal from his wounds. Even just eating hurt a little bit. He glanced over at Jenny, she seemed nervous.

“Is something wrong? Or, more wrong than going on this quest?”

He looked down at her dagger. “That’s a beautiful knife.”

“It’s just the going on this quest wrong.”

She looked down at her dagger and smiled softly. She ran her thumb along the edge of the blade.

”Its name is Sword. My dad gave it to me when I was little. It was a bit too big for me. Despite him insisting otherwise, I couldn’t be convinced it wasn’t a sword, and refused to call it anything else. The name stuck.”

Your dad didn’t give that to you, Jenny.

7 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar dug in to his food. He was going to need his strength both for the quest and to heal from his wounds. Even just eating hurt a little bit. He glanced over at Jenny, she seemed nervous.

“Is something wrong? Or, more wrong than going on this quest?”

He looked down at her dagger. “That’s a beautiful knife.”

roy pulls out a spear and a whetstone and sharts sharpening it.

21 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“It’s just the going on this quest wrong.”

She looked down at her dagger and smiled softly. She ran her thumb along the edge of the blade.

”Its name is Sword. My dad gave it to me when I was little. It was a bit too big for me. Despite him insisting otherwise, I couldn’t be convinced it wasn’t a sword, and refused to call it anything else. The name stuck.”

Your dad didn’t give that to you, Jenny.

“It’s going to be ok, I think.” I won’t let her get hurt, not like Kylee.

“That’s really cool. What’s your dad like, do you know?”

7 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“It’s going to be ok, I think.” I won’t let her get hurt, not like Kylee.

“That’s really cool. What’s your dad like, do you know?”

“He’s nice, I think. At least to me. He visited sometimes when I was younger. He…”

Jenny paused. She knew lots about him, didn’t she?

Quit lying to yourself, Jenny. Remember. Remember what you did.

Her eyes glazed over. 

“He brought me my cat, James. He was a very mean animal, but I loved him anyways. I think he secretly loved me too.”

She sighed.

”He ran away after a few years. I like to think he’s still somewhere out there, hissing at everyone he sees.”

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“He’s nice, I think. At least to me. He visited sometimes when I was younger. He…”

Jenny paused. She knew lots about him, didn’t she?

Quit lying to yourself, Jenny. Remember. Remember what you did.

Her eyes glazed over. 

“He brought me my cat, James. He was a very mean animal, but I loved him anyways. I think he secretly loved me too.”

She sighed.

”He ran away after a few years. I like to think he’s still somewhere out there, hissing at everyone he sees.”

There it was again. Something wasn’t right again. Edgar wanted to know what it was, what was wrong, how  he could help. But he didn’t know any of those things. Instead, he just tried to comfort her.

“I bet he is.”

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

There it was again. Something wasn’t right again. Edgar wanted to know what it was, what was wrong, how  he could help. But he didn’t know any of those things. Instead, he just tried to comfort her.

“I bet he is.”

She smiled. It didn’t reach her eyes.

”I hope so.”

19 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

Then Harold gets back from his morning run to see that everyone had gathered at the pavilion. "So," Harold says "How did everyone sleep?"

”Hi Harold! I slept well. Being incredibly tired helps with that.”

She laughed, but it was an odd laugh. Like one you’d hear from an actor who was tired of redoing a scene where their character chuckles.

@RoyalBeeMage

1 hour ago, The Clarinetist said:

Then Harold gets back from his morning run to see that everyone had gathered at the pavilion. "So," Harold says "How did everyone sleep?"

"i slept fine. yourself?"

41 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

She smiled. It didn’t reach her eyes.

”I hope so.”

”Hi Harold! I slept well. Being incredibly tired helps with that.”

She laughed, but it was an odd laugh. Like one you’d hear from an actor who was tired of redoing a scene where their character chuckles.

@RoyalBeeMage

"yes. good. you will need all of your energy if you want to not die on your way to the underworld."

26 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i slept fine. yourself?"

"yes. good. you will need all of your energy if you want to not die on your way to the underworld."

"I slept great. I woke up extra early to go on a morning run, just to prepare myself for all.the traveling we'll be doing." Harold says, plopping himself next to Edgar with a gigantic plate of everything to do with breakfast.

37 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"I slept great. I woke up extra early to go on a morning run, just to prepare myself for all.the traveling we'll be doing." Harold says, plopping himself next to Edgar with a gigantic plate of everything to do with breakfast.

"if i were you i would have given myself the extra time to sleep." roy replied tierdly

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar finished eating, feeling very full. He looked over at Jenny, who  seemed to have barely touched her food. “You need to eat,” he whispered, still very worried about her. “You need strength to heal.” @Lunamor

Jenny nodded silently. She was hungry. She should eat. She took a few bites of her scrambled eggs. They didn’t taste like anything, despite the copious amounts of ketchup she had added to them earlier. After a few more moments, her eyes turned back to normal. It took longer this time.

The others discussing their tiredness went from indistinct noises to words. Jenny didn’t have any energy either. She wasn’t tired, though. Just empty. Was she missing something?

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny nodded silently. She was hungry. She should eat. She took a few bites of her scrambled eggs. They didn’t taste like anything, despite the copious amounts of ketchup she had added to them earlier. After a few more moments, her eyes turned back to normal. It took longer this time.

The others discussing their tiredness went from indistinct noises to words. Jenny didn’t have any energy either. She wasn’t tired, though. Just empty. Was she missing something?

Edgar was silent. He wanted so bad to be able to help Jenny, but he was so terrible with people, he would probably just make it worse. So he said nothing, just sitting and watching and hurting, both physically and emotionally. He’d talk to her after, he had to. Just…not in front of everyone.

11 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

scrape... scrape.... roy keped on sharpening his spear knowing that it would start to anoy someone soon

With each scraping noise, Jenny’s discomfort grew. It was grating enough that it seemed to be the only thing that was filling the emptiness. She didn’t like that at all. It felt like her brain was being scraped against a whetstone too. Shutting her eyes, she took deep breaths, trying to calm down.

Scrape, scrape, scrape.

Jenny looked at Roy, her eyes cold.

”Stop.”

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

With each scraping noise, Jenny’s discomfort grew. It was grating enough that it seemed to be the only thing that was filling the emptiness. She didn’t like that at all. It felt like her brain was being scraped against a whetstone too. Shutting her eyes, she took deep breaths, trying to calm down.

Scrape, scrape, scrape.

Jenny looked at Roy, her eyes cold.

”Stop.”

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

scrape. scrape. "no." scrape. scrape. scrape...

8 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

scrape. scrape. "no." scrape. scrape. scrape...

3 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“We should go,” Edgar said. “You need to finish packing, and there’s no point in being around him any longer. @Lunamor

Jenny stared at the dagger in her hand for a little too long.

”Fine.”

She stood up and started walking away, posture stiff. 

@The Clarinetist

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny stared at the dagger in her hand for a little too long.

”Fine.”

She stood up and started walking away, posture stiff. 

@The Clarinetist

Edgar went with her. “Are you sure there’s nothing wrong more than the quest? Or is there something about the quest you aren’t telling me?”

13 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar went with her. “Are you sure there’s nothing wrong more than the quest? Or is there something about the quest you aren’t telling me?”

“I…”

Jenny stopped once they had left the pavilion.

”I think there’s something wrong. Maybe… maybe I’m sad about my cat, Jane? She- she was stolen as a kitten…”

She shook her head.

”No, that’s not right…”

Edited by Lunamor

12 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“I…”

Jenny stopped once they had left the pavilion.

”I think there’s something wrong. Maybe… maybe I’m sad about my cat, Jane? She- she was stolen as a kitten…”

She shook her head.

”No, that’s not right…”

Edgar looked her straight in the eyes, forcing himself to have the courage to say his next words. “Could it…be something with your dad?” They didn’t seem like words he’d need courage to say, but they were.

20 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar looked her straight in the eyes, forcing himself to have the courage to say his next words. “Could it…be something with your dad?” They didn’t seem like words he’d need courage to say, but they were.

“Maybe? I don’t think it was something he did…”

Remember.

The little girl opened a chasm. The kind woman, she- she-

Jenny’s eyes began to go glassy, but she fought it off.

Remember.

The kind woman fell in. She never climbed back out. The little girl waited for her to come back. Waited and waited and waited and waited and waited.

”It was an accident.”

Her voice was a whisper. Tears began to pool in her widened eyes.

Edited by Lunamor

30 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Maybe? I don’t think it was something he did…”

Remember.

The little girl opened a chasm. The kind woman, she- she-

Jenny’s eyes began to go glassy, but she fought it off.

Remember.

The kind woman fell in. She never climbed back out. The little girl waited for her to come back. Waited and waited and waited and waited and waited.

”It was an accident.”

Her voice was a whisper. Tears began to pool in her widened eyes.

Edgar felt terrible. She was his friend and he was making her cry. This was obviously something she didn’t want to think about, much less talk about. He hated himself. And he didn’t know what to say, so he just stood there like an idiot.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar felt terrible. She was his friend and he was making her cry. This was obviously something she didn’t want to think about, much less talk about. He hated himself. And he didn’t know what to say, so he just stood there like an idiot.

“Not my fault, not my fault, not my fault…”

She had been angry, she had been young, it wasn’t-

Liar.

Despite how often she ignored it, the voice was right. Anger wasn’t an excuse. Being young wasn’t an excuse. She didn’t have an excuse. Her next words were barely audible.

”It was my fault.”

Something in her finally sighed in relief. A fog of hatred was lifted.

Thank you, Jenny. You can still fix this.

All of the noise in Jenny’s head disappeared and was replaced by a beautiful idea. Hope. She could fix it. But she needed help. She had to tell someone. Had to admit it. She looked at Edgar. Would he hate her? He probably would. It would be worth it. She could save her.

”I’m a murderer, Edgar.”

Jenny sheathed her dagger, trying to appear non-threatening.