Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Not my fault, not my fault, not my fault…”

She had been angry, she had been young, it wasn’t-

Liar.

Despite how often she ignored it, the voice was right. Anger wasn’t an excuse. Being young wasn’t an excuse. She didn’t have an excuse. Her next words were barely audible.

”It was my fault.”

Something in her finally sighed in relief. A fog of hatred was lifted.

Thank you, Jenny. You can still fix this.

All of the noise in Jenny’s head disappeared and was replaced by a beautiful idea. Hope. She could fix it. But she needed help. She had to tell someone. Had to admit it. She looked at Edgar. Would he hate her? He probably would. It would be worth it. She could save her.

”I’m a murderer, Edgar.”

Jenny sheathed her dagger, trying to appear non-threatening.

Edgar was angry. Not at her, but at himself. Why had he made her think she talk about this, it obviously hurt her. And he still didn’t know what to say! Did he tell her it wasn’t her fault? Well, maybe it was. Did he tell her it was ok? Was it? Instead, he still said nothing.

He walked towards her, his face a mask of anger.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar was angry. Not at her, but at himself. Why had he made her think she talk about this, it obviously hurt her. And he still didn’t know what to say! Did he tell her it wasn’t her fault? Well, maybe it was. Did he tell her it was ok? Was it? Instead, he still said nothing.

He walked towards her, his face a mask of anger.

He hates you, Jenny.

No, no, he was just confused. That wasn’t anger. Edgar wouldn’t hate her, would he? She stumbled back a few steps anyways, trying to shove down her fear at his reaction. Why wasn’t he saying anything? Maybe this was a mistake. No, this was her fixing a mistake. It just wasn’t going well. 

Just now, Lunamor said:

He hates you, Jenny.

No, no, he was just confused. That wasn’t anger. Edgar wouldn’t hate her, would he? She stumbled back a few steps anyways, trying to shove down her fear at his reaction. Why wasn’t he saying anything? Maybe this was a mistake. No, this was her fixing a mistake. It just wasn’t going well. 

Edgar’s expression immediately turned to one of pain. She…she was scared of him. Because of what he’d done, what he’d made her say. He took a step back himself, then turned, hiding the tears in his eyes. He didn’t cry though, he kept his reactions mostly in check.

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar’s expression immediately turned to one of pain. She…she was scared of him. Because of what he’d done, what he’d made her say. He took a step back himself, then turned, hiding the tears in his eyes. He didn’t cry though, he kept his reactions mostly in check.

He turned away from her. Did he not want to listen? Could he just not stand the sight of her? She wouldn’t blame him. She hated herself for what she’d done, too.

”Please listen. I need to tell someone this, and I don’t know anyone else to tell. It’s ok if you hate me, though.”

Every word she spoke was earnestly sincere. 

Just now, Lunamor said:

He turned away from her. Did he not want to listen? Could he just not stand the sight of her? She wouldn’t blame him. She hated herself for what she’d done, too.

”Please listen. I need to tell someone this, and I don’t know anyone else to tell. It’s ok if you hate me, though.”

Every word she spoke was earnestly sincere. 

He turned back towards her. “I don’t hate you.” His voice seemed oddly choked. “I’ll listen.”
She…wanted to talk? Had he done the right thing after all? No, he couldn’t be that lucky.

He turned back towards her. “I don’t hate you.” His voice seemed oddly choked. “I’ll listen.”
She…wanted to talk? Had he done the right thing after all? No, he couldn’t be that lucky.

She nodded, relieved. He probably wasn’t lying. Edgar didn’t lie.

”When I was little, I had a cat. His name was Johnathan. He was real mangy and had been in so many cat fights it was a wonder there were still parts of his ears left.”

Jenny smiled softly at the memory.

”He’d been by my side since I was born- he was older than I was, actually. He was my only real friend. Him and…”

Say it.

”Him and my mom.”

Her expression saddened and she stared at the ground.

”One day, he died. He was very old. I tried to fix him. I figured my necromancy could do that. I tried and tried, but nothing worked. Eventually, I called out to my dad. Asked him to help me. He refused. Hades said that it was just Johnathan’s time. He got a skeleton to drag him beneath the ground so I’d quit trying. It made me angry. My mom…”

Her voice choked up, tears returning.

”She tried to comfort me. I lashed out. I screamed at her, at dad, at everything, and opened a chasm. My mom fell in.”

She wiped her eyes with a sleeve, the tears coming faster.

”She didn’t survive. The pit was too deep. I wasn’t-“

She cut off, her voice shaking.

”I wasn’t able to find her, couldn’t even bury her…”

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

She nodded, relieved. He probably wasn’t lying. Edgar didn’t lie.

”When I was little, I had a cat. His name was Johnathan. He was real mangy and had been in so many cat fights it was a wonder there were still parts of his ears left.”

Jenny smiled softly at the memory.

”He’d been by my side since I was born- he was older than I was, actually. He was my only real friend. Him and…”

Say it.

”Him and my mom.”

Her expression saddened and she stared at the ground.

”One day, he died. He was very old. I tried to fix him. I figured my necromancy could do that. I tried and tried, but nothing worked. Eventually, I called out to my dad. Asked him to help me. He refused. Hades said that it was just Johnathan’s time. He got a skeleton to drag him beneath the ground so I’d quit trying. It made me angry. My mom…”

Her voice choked up, tears returning.

”She tried to comfort me. I lashed out. I screamed at her, at dad, at everything, and opened a chasm. My mom fell in.”

She wiped her eyes with a sleeve, the tears coming faster.

”She didn’t survive. The pit was too deep. I wasn’t-“

She cut off, her voice shaking.

”I wasn’t able to find her, couldn’t even bury her…”

Edgar put a comforting arm around Jenny. Or, what he thought was a comforting arm, he wasn’t sure. “I’m so sorry,” he whispered. He hated that this had happened to her, at the reason why she’d done it. It may have, in the end, been her fault, but that didn’t mean nothing else had influenced her. He hated the gods, for what they made their children go through.

Edgar put a comforting arm around Jenny. Or, what he thought was a comforting arm, he wasn’t sure. “I’m so sorry,” he whispered. He hated that this had happened to her, at the reason why she’d done it. It may have, in the end, been her fault, but that didn’t mean nothing else had influenced her. He hated the gods, for what they made their children go through.

He… he was sorry? Edgar felt bad for her? That was unexpected. She had killed someone. Not just someone, her own mother. Shouldn’t he have yelled at her? At least admonished her? She’d been expecting that. She’d been prepared for that. Jenny didn’t know how to react.

“Thank you.”

Jenny’s voice was filled with relief. She wanted to tell him how she could fix it, but that could wait. In that moment, she just cried. Someone knew what she had done and liked her anyways. The secret had been weighing on her for so long. It didn’t hurt any less now that she’d spoken aloud, but it still helped to not face it alone.

Just now, Lunamor said:

He… he was sorry? Edgar felt bad for her? That was unexpected. She had killed someone. Not just someone, her own mother. Shouldn’t he have yelled at her? At least admonished her? She’d been expecting that. She’d been prepared for that. Jenny didn’t know how to react.

“Thank you.”

Jenny’s voice was filled with relief. She wanted to tell him how she could fix it, but that could wait. In that moment, she just cried. Someone knew what she had done and liked her anyways. The secret had been weighing on her for so long. It didn’t hurt any less now that she’d spoken aloud, but it still helped to not face it alone.

“Of course,” he whispered. She was crying now, of course she was, it wasn’t unexpected after what she had said. But…he had no idea what to do when people cried. Actually, he didn’t really have any idea what to do in most cases with people. That was part of why he’d secluded himself. But, even with all the complications, he decided it was worth it to have a friend. Now he just needed to learn how to help her. He kept his arm around her, hoping it would help.

“Of course,” he whispered. She was crying now, of course she was, it wasn’t unexpected after what she had said. But…he had no idea what to do when people cried. Actually, he didn’t really have any idea what to do in most cases with people. That was part of why he’d secluded himself. But, even with all the complications, he decided it was worth it to have a friend. Now he just needed to learn how to help her. He kept his arm around her, hoping it would help.

After a moment, Jenny stopped crying. She wiped away her tears and was glad that they couldn’t be seen against her black sleeve. Having Edgar’s arm around her shoulder felt nice. It reminded her that she wasn’t alone. She looked at him with flames of determination in her eyes.

”I think I can fix it. We’re going to the underworld on our quest. We can rescue her. I can ask my dad to release her, at least. He loves her and it was an accident. He might listen.”

He won’t listen to you, Jenny. He didn’t listen to you before, why would he now?

Just now, Lunamor said:

After a moment, Jenny stopped crying. She wiped away her tears and was glad that they couldn’t be seen against her black sleeve. Having Edgar’s arm around her shoulder felt nice. It reminded her that she wasn’t alone. She looked at him with flames of determination in her eyes.

”I think I can fix it. We’re going to the underworld on our quest. We can rescue her. I can ask my dad to release her, at least. He loves her and it was an accident. He might listen.”

He won’t listen to you, Jenny. He didn’t listen to you before, why would he now?

He looked back at her, thankful that free she had emotion in her eyes still, instead of that terrible blankness. But…about what she said, the gods didn’t usually approve of bringing anyone back, especially not when a demigod asked. They hadn’t brought back his brother.

“Maybe,” he said, failing to keep all the skepticism from his voice.

He looked back at her, thankful that free she had emotion in her eyes still, instead of that terrible blankness. But…about what she said, the gods didn’t usually approve of bringing anyone back, especially not when a demigod asked. They hadn’t brought back his brother.

“Maybe,” he said, failing to keep all the skepticism from his voice.

Jenny didn’t notice the skepticism. Edgar seemed to be at least considering what she had proposed.

”I can try, at least. Make up for what I did, even if it’s a failed attempt. I can’t just give up and not even consider helping my mom. She deserves it. She’s the best person I know.”

She looked back towards the pavilion.

”Please don’t tell the others. They might want to kick me from the quest.”

She turned to Edgar.

”I promise that the Bolt will remain my priority. I am not going to let anything else take precedence over that. You won’t need to worry about me.”

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny didn’t notice the skepticism. Edgar seemed to be at least considering what she had proposed.

”I can try, at least. Make up for what I did, even if it’s a failed attempt. I can’t just give up and not even consider helping my mom. She deserves it. She’s the best person I know.”

She looked back towards the pavilion.

”Please don’t tell the others. They might want to kick me from the quest.”

She turned to Edgar.

”I promise that the Bolt will remain my priority. I am not going to let anything else take precedence over that. You won’t need to worry about me.”

“You can try,” he agreed. He almost said it can’t hurt, but then he remembered. The gods were bitter, angry creatures. It could hurt, but he wouldn’t let it. He would protect her, better than he had with Kylee.

“Of course I won’t tell them, this can stay between us.” He was glad she had trusted him, it meant so much. He wouldn’t betray that trust.

“I won’t worry that you won’t stay focused, I trust you.”

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“You can try,” he agreed. He almost said it can’t hurt, but then he remembered. The gods were bitter, angry creatures. It could hurt, but he wouldn’t let it. He would protect her, better than he had with Kylee.

“Of course I won’t tell them, this can stay between us.” He was glad she had trusted him, it meant so much. He wouldn’t betray that trust.

“I won’t worry that you won’t stay focused, I trust you.”

Edgar trusted her. He didn’t care that she was a murderer who had lied to him about her past. After all she’d done, he still trusted her. Jenny would do all she could not to break that trust. It was the most valuable thing in the world to her.

”Thank you. I trust you too.”

She smiled and tears welled up in her eyes. They were happy tears this time.

”Thank you.”

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Edgar trusted her. He didn’t care that she was a murderer who had lied to him about her past. After all she’d done, he still trusted her. Jenny would do all she could not to break that trust. It was the most valuable thing in the world to her.

”Thank you. I trust you too.”

She smiled and tears welled up in her eyes. They were happy tears this time.

”Thank you.”

He smiled back at her. He didn’t deserve a friend like her, yet he had one. And he wasn’t going to be complaining any time soon.

“You’re welcome. Thank you for telling me.” That sounded right, he thought.

He smiled back at her. He didn’t deserve a friend like her, yet he had one. And he wasn’t going to be complaining any time soon.

“You’re welcome. Thank you for telling me.” That sounded right, he thought.

Edgar thanked her. She had told him a horrible thing, and he thanked her. He really did care. Jenny took one last shuddering breath, managing to compose herself somewhat. 

“I’m going to go finish packing my things. I’ll meet you at the pavilion.”

She then skipped off towards the Hades cabin. She smiled despite the painful memories and the voice in her head insisting that Edgar wasn’t trustworthy.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Edgar thanked her. She had told him a horrible thing, and he thanked her. He really did care. Jenny took one last shuddering breath, managing to compose herself somewhat. 

“I’m going to go finish packing my things. I’ll meet you at the pavilion.”

She then skipped off towards the Hades cabin. She smiled despite the painful memories and the voice in her head insisting that Edgar wasn’t trustworthy.

“Ok, I’ll meet you there.”

He went back to his cabin and grabbed the small bag he’d packed, ignoring his siblings’ whispers. He’d gotten very good at that. Then he went back to the pavilion and waited.

12 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Ok, I’ll meet you there.”

He went back to his cabin and grabbed the small bag he’d packed, ignoring his siblings’ whispers. He’d gotten very good at that. Then he went back to the pavilion and waited.

Jenny arrived at her cabin and grabbed a bag, stuffing some changes of clothes in it. After managing to shove a sleeping bag, various outdoor survival tools, and her toiletries in there as well, she realized that she was missing something. After a few more daggers had been added to the pack, she still wasn’t sure what more she needed to add. After two bottles of poison were added, including her paralysis one, she still couldn’t figure out what was missing.

After a while spent pondering, she figured out what it was. A short trip into the forest later, she added a pouch of death flowers to her bag. And another dagger, just in case.

Grabbing a square of ambrosia from the medical staff on her way over, Jenny skipped to the pavilion. She smiled when she saw Edgar and sat next to him, setting her deceptively heavy bag on the table.

@RoyalBeeMage

@The Clarinetist

Edited by Lunamor
Typo

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny arrived at her cabin and grabbed a bag, stuffing some changes of clothes in it. After managing to shove a sleeping bag, various outdoor survival tools, and her toiletries in there as well, she realized that she was missing something. After a few more daggers had been added to the pack, she still wasn’t sure what more she needed to add. After two bottles of poison were added, including her paralysis one, she still couldn’t figure out what was missing.

After a while spent pondering, she figured out what it was. A short trip into the forest later, she added a pouch of death flowers to her bag. And another dagger, just in case.

Grabbing a square of ambrosia from the medical staff on her way over, Jenny skipped to the pavilion. She smiled when she saw Edgar and sat next to him, setting her deceptively heavy bag on the table.

@RoyalBeeMage

@The Clarinetist

Edgar smiled back at Jenny when he saw her. She seemed happy again, that was good. Though…it also seemed like she’d needed to talk to someone earlier, so maybe he wasn’t an awful person for what he’d said and made her say. But…maybe he was. He probably was.

26 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar smiled back at Jenny when he saw her. She seemed happy again, that was good. Though…it also seemed like she’d needed to talk to someone earlier, so maybe he wasn’t an awful person for what he’d said and made her say. But…maybe he was. He probably was.

29 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

@RoyalBeeMage

@The Clarinetist

"you'all done paking yet? i was done before breakfast even started."

5 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"you'all done paking yet? i was done before breakfast even started."

“Good for you.”

Jenny rifled through her bag and pulled out a lighter. She addressed the group.

”I brought some camping supplies in case we needed to sleep outdoors.”

She looked towards the sky. Zeus’s domain.

”We should probably avoid being noticed as much as we can. I’m good with outdoorsy stuff, so I think that sleeping outside could be a good option.”

@The Clarinetist

@Weaver of Lights

Edited by Lunamor
Tags

20 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Good for you.”

Jenny rifled through her bag and pulled out a lighter. She addressed the group.

”I brought some camping supplies in case we needed to sleep outdoors.”

She looked towards the sky. Zeus’s domain.

”We should probably avoid being noticed as much as we can. I’m good with outdoorsy stuff, so I think that sleeping outside could be a good option.”

@The Clarinetist

@Weaver of Lights

“I think that might be a good idea. Though I guess monsters are probably likely to find us wherever we go, with so many powerful demigods. We’ll need to have someone alert at watch constantly.”

@The Clarinetist @RoyalBeeMage

6 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I think that might be a good idea. Though I guess monsters are probably likely to find us wherever we go, with so many powerful demigods. We’ll need to have someone alert at watch constantly.”

@The Clarinetist @RoyalBeeMage

“Yes yes I think we all know this.”

37 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Yes yes I think we all know this.”

“We’re going to travel by train too, right? I don’t know how trains work. It’s probably best if you guys do all the talking for those. I might accidentally offend someone and get us kicked off. Same with buses. And taxis.”

Jenny laughed, although she wasn’t kidding. She was likely the worst possible person for interacting with strangers.

”I don’t need much sleep, so I can take more watches to make up for it.”

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

Just now, Lunamor said:

“We’re going to travel by train too, right? I don’t know how trains work. It’s probably best if you guys do all the talking for those. I might accidentally offend someone and get us kicked off. Same with buses. And taxis.”

Jenny laughed, although she wasn’t kidding. She was likely the worst possible person for interacting with strangers.

”I don’t need much sleep, so I can take more watches to make up for it.”

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

“I can do the talking. Unless Apollo’s son here wants to use his silver or should I say gold toung”