Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny took the ear plugs, marveling at how Edgar had managed to create them while walking. She carefully stuck them in her ears, and the sound of Roy sharpening his spear immediately disappeared. She sighed with relief. Jenny could hear herself think again.

“Thank you so much!”

Not knowing what else to do, she gently bumped Edgar with her shoulder, imitating what he had done before.

I love it too! It’s so fun writing someone with even less social skills than me :D

“You’re welcome,” he said, unsure if she could hear him. She might be able too, his carvings tended to allow stuff like that, little things he wanted them to be able to do. A little ability from his dad, he assumed.

He laughed, smiling truly and joyfully. This was nice.

Aaron 

Aaron watched as the others joked with each other, What it would be like to have friends that understand you, he thinks to himself. Unknowingly, he was drawn to Roy. He looked at the spear that he was sharpening as he was walking. "Does that spear have any magical properties?" he asks, trying to sound inquisitive. 

"And if so, how do they work?" he adds as well, lobbing the questions at the son of dionysus

24 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“You’re welcome,” he said, unsure if she could hear him. She might be able too, his carvings tended to allow stuff like that, little things he wanted them to be able to do. A little ability from his dad, he assumed.

He laughed, smiling truly and joyfully. This was nice.

Edgar’s voice was oddly clear among the other muffled sounds. That was unexpected, but rather nice. Perhaps they were magic earplugs. He was laughing, so maybe the bump thing was the correct response. She’d have to remember that. Jenny laughed a little too.

She noticed Aaron trying to speak with Roy and took one earplug out. Hopefully she could break up any arguments they had. Two overly confident personalities like that could clash very easily and spectacularly.

@Scars of Hathsin

@RoyalBeeMage

Edited by Lunamor

Just now, Lunamor said:

Edgar’s voice was oddly clear among the other muffled sounds. That was unexpected, but rather nice. Maybe they were magic earplugs. He was laughing, so maybe the bump thing was the correct response. She’d have to remember that. Jenny laughed a little too.

She noticed Aaron trying to speak with Roy and took one earplug out. Hopefully she could break up any arguments they had. Two overly confident personalities like that could clash very easily and spectacularly.

@Scars of Hathsin

@RoyalBeeMage

“I’m not surprised those two ended up together,” Edgar said, looking at Roy and Aaron. “I don’t trust-or like-either of them.” It was best to be honest about his feelings, if only with Jenny. She would help him see clearer if they were getting in the way.

“Hopefully they’re not too much trouble, I don’t want another fight.”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“I’m not surprised those two ended up together,” Edgar said, looking at Roy and Aaron. “I don’t trust-or like-either of them.” It was best to be honest about his feelings, if only with Jenny. She would help him see clearer if they were getting in the way.

“Hopefully they’re not too much trouble, I don’t want another fight.”

“I think Aaron means well, he just doesn’t know how to help properly. To very, very annoying ends, unfortunately.”

She spoke quietly enough that the others wouldn’t be able to hear.

“I’m not sure if a fight can be avoided. At this point, it seems like it’s only a matter of time. Hopefully it could humble them both, or at least let them blow off some steam.”

She frowned.

”I was really hoping that Aaron could help keep everything calm. He had made such a great first impression.”

Just now, Lunamor said:

“I think Aaron means well, he just doesn’t know how to help properly. To very, very annoying ends, unfortunately.”

She spoke quietly enough that the others wouldn’t be able to hear.

“I’m not sure if a fight can be avoided. At this point, it seems like it’s only a matter of time. Hopefully it could humble them both, or at least let them blow off some steam.”

She frowned.

”I was really hoping that Aaron could help keep everything calm. He had made such a great first impression.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s true. I still don’t like him though.” He matched her tone, speaking so only she could hear him.

“If, when a fight happens, we can make sure it doesn’t go too far. No matter how much I hate him, I don’t really  want Roy dead.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s true. I still don’t like him though.” He matched her tone, speaking so only she could hear him.

“If, when a fight happens, we can make sure it doesn’t go too far. No matter how much I hate him, I don’t really  want Roy dead.”

“I’ll keep an eye on them. I brought the paralysis poison just in case. I was intending to use it on Roy if he got violent or on whoever ends up betraying us, but it could work for our current situation too.”

Jenny took out Sword and started fiddling with it. She could see her reflection in the polished metal.

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“I’ll keep an eye on them. I brought the paralysis poison just in case. I was intending to use it on Roy if he got violent or on whoever ends up betraying us, but it could work for our current situation too.”

Jenny took out Sword and started fiddling with it. She could see her reflection in the polished metal.

“That’s a good idea. I’m…not sure how much I’d be able to help in my current condition.” He motioned to his arms and legs, all still burned, though they were looking better.

He looked at Sword. Was she playing with it because she was nervous? He couldn’t tell.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“That’s a good idea. I’m…not sure how much I’d be able to help in my current condition.” He motioned to his arms and legs, all still burned, though they were looking better.

He looked at Sword. Was she playing with it because she was nervous? He couldn’t tell.

Jenny had forgotten about Edgar’s injuries. She hoped that walking wouldn’t aggravate them too much.

”I brought some ambrosia if you’d like to have a bit. It could potentially help to accelerate your healing some more.”

She started tossing Sword, making it do flips before she caught it. That was a bit of a challenge to do while moving, but it was fun. The familiar motions were steadying to her.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny had forgotten about Edgar’s injuries. She hoped that walking wouldn’t aggravate them too much.

”I brought some ambrosia if you’d like to have a bit. It could potentially help to accelerate your healing some more.”

She started tossing Sword, making it do flips before she caught it. That was a bit of a challenge to do while moving, but it was fun. The familiar motions were steadying to her.

“I had a little bit this morning, any more would be unnecessary and dangerous. Thank you though, I appreciate it.” 
He watched her toss the knife, uncomfortable. He didn’t want her to hurt herself. He considered asking her to stop, but decided against it. She seemed to know what she was doing.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I had a little bit this morning, any more would be unnecessary and dangerous. Thank you though, I appreciate it.” 
He watched her toss the knife, uncomfortable. He didn’t want her to hurt herself. He considered asking her to stop, but decided against it. She seemed to know what she was doing.

Jenny nodded. She’d remind him to eat some more tomorrow morning. She started tossing Sword a little higher. After a few more throws, however, it nearly slipped out of her hand, so she went back to her former tossing height.

She considered digging another dagger out of her pack so she could toss two at once, but decided that it wasn’t a great idea to experiment with that while on a quest. Jenny was rather proud of her restraint.

”If you ever need a dagger for whittling and stuff, I have a few extras you could borrow.”

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny nodded. She’d remind him to eat some more tomorrow morning. She started tossing Sword a little higher. After a few more throws, however, it nearly slipped out of her hand, so she went back to her former tossing height.

She considered digging another dagger out of her pack so she could toss two at once, but decided that it wasn’t a great idea to experiment with that while on a quest. Jenny was rather proud of her restraint.

”If you ever need a dagger for whittling and stuff, I have a few extras you could borrow.”

Edgar started to say something as she almost dropped her dagger, but then stopped, seeing her go back to her earlier throwing height.

“Thanks, I’ll remember that. You said earlier your injuries are mostly ignorable now, that’s good.”

Edgar started to say something as she almost dropped her dagger, but then stopped, seeing her go back to her earlier throwing height.

“Thanks, I’ll remember that. You said earlier your injuries are mostly ignorable now, that’s good.”

She poked her cheek again. She thought that it hurt slightly less now.

”They don’t impair any functions and the pain isn’t too bad. Achy rather than stabby.”

Jenny started tossing Sword between her hands.

”It’s pretty annoying, though, to be honest. I’d forgotten what this was like. I think getting hit with wooden swords for five years has made me go a little soft.”

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Aaron 

Aaron watched as the others joked with each other, What it would be like to have friends that understand you, he thinks to himself. Unknowingly, he was drawn to Roy. He looked at the spear that he was sharpening as he was walking. "Does that spear have any magical properties?" he asks, trying to sound inquisitive. 

"And if so, how do they work?" he adds as well, lobbing the questions at the son of dionysus

"none that i know off. whats your name again?"

18 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Aaron

"The name was Aaron, What is the deal between you and Edgar, why do you hate each other so much?" "Did he do something to you in the past?" Aaron asks.

"yeah you could say that. he abandoned someone that i loved and she died to monsters."

roy's fatel flaw is holding grudges so...

7 hours ago, Lunamor said:

She poked her cheek again. She thought that it hurt slightly less now.

”They don’t impair any functions and the pain isn’t too bad. Achy rather than stabby.”

Jenny started tossing Sword between her hands.

”It’s pretty annoying, though, to be honest. I’d forgotten what this was like. I think getting hit with wooden swords for five years has made me go a little soft.”

“I’m glad it’s not too bad, but I’m still sorry you got hurt in the first place.” He watched her throw the knife, seeming mesmerized.

5 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I’m glad it’s not too bad, but I’m still sorry you got hurt in the first place.” He watched her throw the knife, seeming mesmerized.

Jenny noticed Edgar watching Sword and smiled. 

”Would you like me to teach you how to throw a dagger? I can throw it forwards too if I need range. I normally don’t do that with Sword, but I’ve got a bunch of ‘disposable’ ones in my bag.”

She shifted slightly to stop one of her disposable daggers from poking her back.

9 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny noticed Edgar watching Sword and smiled. 

”Would you like me to teach you how to throw a dagger? I can throw it forwards too if I need range. I normally don’t do that with Sword, but I’ve got a bunch of ‘disposable’ ones in my bag.”

She shifted slightly to stop one of her disposable daggers from poking her back.

“I’d love to learn! My Gift might be able to improve my aim a little too.”

“I’d love to learn! My Gift might be able to improve my aim a little too.”

Jenny grinned and immediately rifled through her bag, pulling out a plain looking dagger. She hadn’t brought her favorite ones on this trip in case she needed to abandon them.

She flipped it once, testing its balance, then put it away and grabbed a different one. Jenny wanted to ensure that Edgar’s lesson would be as straightforward as possible, and balanced knives were best for beginners. She held it out for Edgar, handle facing him.

I’m gonna use Wikihow for instructions 🙃

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny grinned and immediately rifled through her bag, pulling out a plain looking dagger. She hadn’t brought her favorite ones on this trip in case she needed to abandon them.

She flipped it once, testing its balance, then put it away and grabbed a different one. Jenny wanted to ensure that Edgar’s lesson would be as straightforward as possible, and balanced knives were best for beginners. She held it out for Edgar, handle facing him.

He took it, and was immediately tempted to try throwing it up like she had. He didn’t, however, waiting for her to tell him how to do it. He could tell it was a well balanced blade, right he’d never really had anything else, the Gift was very good at balancing weapons. And everything else about weapons.

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

He took it, and was immediately tempted to try throwing it up like she had. He didn’t, however, waiting for her to tell him how to do it. He could tell it was a well balanced blade, right he’d never really had anything else, the Gift was very good at balancing weapons. And everything else about weapons.

“Since this is a double edged blade, a hammer grip would work best for you. It’s got the lowest chance of accidentally slicing yourself.”

Jenny pointed to a faint white scar on her palm.

”I learned that lesson the hard way. Wrap your four fingers around and under the handle, and rest your thumb on top. Hold it like you would a hammer, essentially.”

She demonstrated the grip with Sword. Jenny preferred a pinch grip on the blade, but had plenty of practice with other methods.

Edited by Lunamor
Sword is a proper noun

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Since this is a double edged blade, a hammer grip would work best for you. It’s got the lowest chance of accidentally slicing yourself.”

Jenny pointed to a faint white scar on her palm.

”I learned that lesson the hard way. Wrap your four fingers around and under the handle, and rest your thumb on top. Hold it like you would a hammer, essentially.”

She demonstrated the grip with Sword. Jenny preferred a pinch grip on the blade, but had plenty of practice with other methods.

Edgar seemed worried when he saw the scar, even though it was obviously an old wound. He didn’t want her being hurt. He gripped the knife like she told him to, a comfortable weight in his hand.

Edgar seemed worried when he saw the scar, even though it was obviously an old wound. He didn’t want her being hurt. He gripped the knife like she told him to, a comfortable weight in his hand.

“Before you can toss it in the air vertically, you need to practice throwing it forwards horizontally. The tricks I like to do are more difficult than you’d think, so you have to be very familiar with the simple stuff first.”

Jenny resisted the urge to demonstrate another vertical toss.

“To set up a throw, you need the proper stance. Shift your weight completely onto your dominant leg and rest your non-dominant leg in front of you. Then, hold your dominant arm up perpendicular to the ground and bend your elbow until the knife is beside your head.”

She demonstrated, moving slowly so Edgar could track her movements.

I’m just completely making that first part up because I couldn’t find an article on vertical tossing with a cursory Google search, so y’all pretend Jenny is an expert in this please :P

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Before you can toss it in the air vertically, you need to practice throwing it forwards horizontally. The tricks I like to do are more difficult than you’d think, so you have to be very familiar with the simple stuff first.”

Jenny resisted the urge to demonstrate another vertical toss.

“To set up a throw, you need the proper stance. Shift your weight completely onto your dominant leg and rest your non-dominant leg in front of you. Then, hold your dominant arm up perpendicular to the ground and bend your elbow until the knife is beside your head.”

She demonstrated, moving slowly so Edgar could track her movements.

He tried his best to do what she said, it all  made sense. But, without him  knowing, his stance was off.