Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

Time to introduce some other aspects of the series? Such as the grey sisters transportation, could make a fun little ride. 😅

Would love that. Might mean that we have to reshuffle some things. Medusa was just after the bus. The bus blew up because of furies…

4 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"I would prefer not to talk about my past." Harold says with tears in his eyes.

“Oh, ok. I’m sorry.”

Jenny felt terrible that she’d made the kid cry. She should’ve remembered that it was often painful for demigods to talk about their past. It was certainly painful for herself. She walked beside Harold silently and awkwardly for a moment.

“Do you have any hobbies? Besides running and archery.”

Talking about what she liked to do tended to cheer Jenny up, so hopefully that could work for Harold too.

32 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Ahh but you see, we have changed things drastically already, there is only supposed to be three people on a quest, and argus drove them to new york. So I think things can be changed slightly to match our characters abilities.

It could be very fun to call the gray sisters 

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Oh, ok. I’m sorry.”

Jenny felt terrible that she’d made the kid cry. She should’ve remembered that it was often painful for demigods to talk about their past. It was certainly painful for herself. She walked beside Harold silently and awkwardly for a moment.

“Do you have any hobbies? Besides running and archery.”

Talking about what she liked to do tended to cheer Jenny up, so hopefully that could work for Harold too.

Harold perks up, and says "I don't have many. I like to do some math problems, and I love to read. Sometimes I almost forget I'm dyslexic, I'm reading a book so good. What do you like to do?"

6 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

Harold perks up, and says "I don't have many. I like to do some math problems, and I love to read. Sometimes I almost forget I'm dyslexic, I'm reading a book so good. What do you like to do?"

“I’d have to say that necromancy is my favorite hobby.”

Jenny squinted at the nearby forest, trying to see if any of her reanimated animals were present. It was too far away to tell, unfortunately.

”I have a gift from my dad that lets me detect any death that’s nearby.”

She showed Harold her large ruby.

”It’s useful for finding dead animals. I can reanimate small ones. Little birds and squirrels. They’re super cute! A little decayed sometimes, too.”

You can reanimate more than just small animals, Jenny.

Edited by Lunamor

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“I’d have to say that necromancy is my favorite hobby.”

Jenny squinted at the nearby forest, trying to see if any of her reanimated animals were present. It was too far away to tell, unfortunately.

”I have a gift from my dad that lets me detect any death that’s nearby.”

She showed Harold her large ruby.

”It’s useful for finding dead animals. I can reanimate small ones. Little birds and squirrels. They’re super cute! A little decayed sometimes, too.”

You can reanimate more than just small animals, Jenny.

"That's cool. Can you show me?" Harold asks with interest.

Just now, The Clarinetist said:

"That's cool. Can you show me?" Harold asks with interest.

“Hmmm… one moment please.”

Jenny bent low to the ground, holding her ruby above the grass like it was a metal detector. After a few minutes of this, it gave the faintest, briefest flash. It was imperceptible to anyone not familiar with the ruby.

She fished around in the grass below the ruby to find a headless grasshopper. Some of its legs were snapped and one of the wings was hanging on by a thread. There was enough of the body left for reanimation, fortunately. She delicately placed it on the center of her palm and held another hand over it. She closed her eyes for a moment.

When she moved her hand away, the cricket spasmed in place for a few seconds. The legs clicked back into place with a series of surprisingly loud cracks and the broken wing properly reattached itself.

The bug went still for a bit, then suddenly sprung back into motion. It flung itself to its feet and began making noise. It sounded strange, a bit like audio from a scratched record player. Jenny grinned triumphantly.

6 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Hmmm… one moment please.”

Jenny bent low to the ground, holding her ruby above the grass like it was a metal detector. After a few minutes of this, it gave the faintest, briefest flash. It was imperceptible to anyone not familiar with the ruby.

She fished around in the grass below the ruby to find a headless grasshopper. Some of its legs were snapped and one of the wings was hanging on by a thread. There was enough of the body left for reanimation, fortunately. She delicately placed it on the center of her palm and held another hand over it. She closed her eyes for a moment.

When she moved her hand away, the cricket spasmed in place for a few seconds. The legs clicked back into place with a series of surprisingly loud cracks and the broken wing properly reattached itself.

The bug went still for a bit, then suddenly sprung back into motion. It flung itself to its feet and began making noise. It sounded strange, a bit like audio from a scratched record player. Jenny grinned triumphantly.

"Woah" Harold says, awed by her power. "Is there a limit to how big it can get?" Harold asks

Aaron

Aaron ran up to catch up with the front of the group. He stops briefly to watch the reanimated grasshopper jump around. That is handy Aaron thinks to himself. They... would like it. He stops his train of thought, "Lets get this quest done first." he mutters

He starts flipping a golden drachma in his hand, and walks a bit faster to catch up with Edgar and Jenny. "Sorry if I sounded a bit flippant earlier. I am just a bit nervous to .. get back into the human world, and see if things have changed." he says, trying to plaster a sorry face on. Please take it.

"I have an idea on how to get to New York quicker, or maybe beyond, he flips his coin again. The Grey Sisters, they can get us there super quick." he says, "What do you think?"

8 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"Woah" Harold says, awed by her power. "Is there a limit to how big it can get?" Harold asks

“Well… right now I can’t do much more than a squirrel.”

Liar.

”But hopefully I can do more someday. It’s hard to find animals to practice on. No one wants to give their dead pet for someone to experiment necromancy on and the satyrs would kill me if I tried to reanimate something like a deer.”

Quit lying, Jenny.

”There is an upper limit, though I’m not sure how high it is. It’s likely not possible for a demigod to reanimate something like a blue whale, although my dad definitely could.”

The headless cricket flew away, buzzing past Aaron. She hoped he wouldn’t be too mad about her necromancy. It didn’t seem like something Demeter would approve of.

@Scars of Hathsin

Edited by Lunamor
Ninja

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“Well… right now I can’t do much more than a squirrel.”

Liar.

”But hopefully I can do more someday. It’s hard to find animals to practice on. No one wants to give their dead pet for someone to experiment necromancy on and the satyrs would kill me if I tried to reanimate something like a deer.”

Quit lying, Jenny.

”There is an upper limit, though I’m not sure how high it is. It’s likely not possible for a demigod to reanimate something like a blue whale, although my dad definitely could.”

The headless cricket flew away, buzzing past Aaron. She hoped he wouldn’t be too mad about her necromancy. It didn’t seem like something Demeter would approve of.

@Scars of Hathsin

Edgar looked over at Jenny. It seemed she’d already made a new friend. He was probably a better person than Edgar, a better friend. Edgar turned away. He knew what he was thinking was stupid, that he was probably wrong. That didn’t make it feel better though. 
And another friend gone.

He threw his knife, his anger making him throw it much faster than he meant to. He wasn’t angry at Jenny, he doubted he could. At always, he was angry at himself.

5 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Aaron

Aaron ran up to catch up with the front of the group. He stops briefly to watch the reanimated grasshopper jump around. That is handy Aaron thinks to himself. They... would like it. He stops his train of thought, "Lets get this quest done first." he mutters

He starts flipping a golden drachma in his hand, and walks a bit faster to catch up with Edgar and Jenny. "Sorry if I sounded a bit flippant earlier. I am just a bit nervous to .. get back into the human world, and see if things have changed." he says, trying to plaster a sorry face on. Please take it.

"I have an idea on how to get to New York quicker, or maybe beyond, he flips his coin again. The Grey Sisters, they can get us there super quick." he says, "What do you think?"

The apology was a good sign. Hopefully it was sincere.

”Thank you for apologizing. I’m a bit nervous as well- it’s been a while since I last left camp. I’ve heard of the Grey Sisters, but I haven’t used their services before. They’ve got a taxi, right? I haven’t used a taxi before, actually…”

She trailed off for a moment, slightly embarrassed.

”If you guys think it’s a good idea, then I’m happy to go along with it. Anything to get us to our destination faster is great.”

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

@RoyalBeeMage

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

”Thank you for apologizing. I’m a bit nervous as well- it’s been a while since I last left camp. I’ve heard of the Grey Sisters, but I haven’t used their services before. They’ve got a taxi, right? I haven’t used a taxi before, actually…”

”If you guys think it’s a good idea, then I’m happy to go along with it. Anything to get us to our destination faster is great.”

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

@RoyalBeeMage

"Who are the gray sisters again? I'm a little rusty on my mythology knowledge." Harold says, trying to recall.

11 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"Who are the gray sisters again? I'm a little rusty on my mythology knowledge." Harold says, trying to recall.

Luna only vaguely remembers them, so I’m gonna let someone else answer that :P

@Weaver of Lights

@RoyalBeeMage

@Scars of Hathsin

Edited by Lunamor
I’m really bad at tagging

12 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

Edgar looked over again. The gray sisters, that would work. He remembered who they were, he could go answer. He almost did, but something stopped him. He didn’t want to be over there right now.
He went back to throwing his knife.

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Aaron

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

@Weaver of Lights

@The Clarinetist

@RoyalBeeMage

1 hour ago, The Clarinetist said:

"the gray sisters? yeah we can use them. they are a group of old ladies who share 1 tooth, eye and something else that i have forgotten. they also own a car that can move several times the speed of sound."

can i turn my spear into the same as clarisses spear?

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"the gray sisters? yeah we can use them. they are a group of old ladies who share 1 tooth, eye and something else that i have forgotten. they also own a car that can move several times the speed of sound."

"Oh...yeah I still don't remember them. Oh well." Harold says, itching to get some bow practice. He hadn't been able to try the bow from the armory yet. "I'm going to shoot some if nobody minds."

3 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

can i turn my spear into the same as clarisses spear?

I’m good with that.

58 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar looked over again. The gray sisters, that would work. He remembered who they were, he could go answer. He almost did, but something stopped him. He didn’t want to be over there right now.
He went back to throwing his knife.

Jenny looked over to Edgar. He seemed really engrossed in his knife throwing; maybe he hadn’t heard Aaron’s question. 

“Hey Edgar, are you good with us taking the Grey Sisters’ taxi to New York?”

She wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. The Grey Sisters were pretty unnerving, based on what she had heard. That made her excited to meet them.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny looked over to Edgar. He seemed really engrossed in his knife throwing; maybe he hadn’t heard Aaron’s question. 

“Hey Edgar, are you good with us taking the Grey Sisters’ taxi to New York?”

She wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. The Grey Sisters were pretty unnerving, based on what she had heard. That made her excited to meet them.

“Yeah, fine,” he said, not looking at her. His voice had a similar tone to that of when he was talking to Roy, though not nearly as severe. He quickly tried to return his voice to normal, but was only somewhat successful. “It liked like you and Harold were getting along well.”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“Yeah, fine,” he said, not looking at her. His voice had a similar tone to that of when he was talking to Roy, though not nearly as severe. He quickly tried to return his voice to normal, but was only somewhat successful. “It liked like you and Harold were getting along well.”

Jenny was relieved that Edgar wanted to take the Grey Sisters’ taxi. He would’ve been outvoted by the majority otherwise, and that wouldn’t help the already brewing conflict between everyone.

“Harold seems great! He liked my necromancy. A lot of people don’t, so that’s nice.”

She wilted a little.

“I asked him about his past, and I think that accidentally made him sad. Talking about his hobbies might’ve cheered him up, but I can’t really tell.”

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny was relieved that Edgar wanted to take the Grey Sisters’ taxi. He would’ve been outvoted by the majority otherwise, and that wouldn’t help the already brewing conflict between everyone.

“Harold seems great! He liked my necromancy. A lot of people don’t, so that’s nice.”

She wilted a little.

“I asked him about his past, and I think that accidentally made him sad. Talking about his hobbies might’ve cheered him up, but I can’t really tell.”

“That’s good, that’s good,” he said, almost without emotion. She had another friend, she didn’t need him anymore. He still didn’t look at her.