Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

He gave a sigh of relief, and had to hold himself back from hugging her. Instead, he just grabbed her hand again, holding it tightly. “It did, I’m really glad it did. She only a few seconds.”

“Wonderful!”

Jenny realized she probably should’ve been more worried about putting herself into a coma. Eh, it worked out fine. 

”I’m gonna practice that again.”

Before Edgar had time to respond, Jenny had passed out again.

16 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Wonderful!”

Jenny realized she probably should’ve been more worried about putting herself into a coma. Eh, it worked out fine. 

”I’m gonna practice that again.”

Before Edgar had time to respond, Jenny had passed out again.

He tried not to freak out. Did she want him to wake her up immediately again? He waited a few seconds longer than last time, then tried to shake her awake.

He tried not to freak out. Did she want him to wake her up immediately again? He waited a few seconds longer than last time, then tried to shake her awake.

Jenny woke up.

”How long was I out this time?”

It was a little jarring to jump in and out of sleep that quickly. Weirdly fun, though. She’d have to be careful to not overdo it.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny woke up.

”How long was I out this time?”

It was a little jarring to jump in and out of sleep that quickly. Weirdly fun, though. She’d have to be careful to not overdo it.

“A little longer, though that’s because I let you sleep longer.” Though he tried to hide it, he seemed a little upset and very worried.

16 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“A little longer, though that’s because I let you sleep longer.” Though he tried to hide it, he seemed a little upset and very worried.

Jenny, being Jenny, didn’t notice his worry at all. She just grinned happily.

”I’m gonna try and set a timer for five seconds. If I’m not awake after ten seconds, please wake me up.”

This was going to be more difficult. She tried to do the same as before, but left a small void of sorts. Ideally, it would last for about five seconds, draining any new potential awakeness in the meantime. It would stop her from being woken up by regular means. The shock to her system from the void disappearing would ideally wake her up without any outside help, but that was mostly just conjecture. She fell asleep, although it took her a bit longer to set it up that time.

Edited by Lunamor
Forgot to add something

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny, being Jenny, didn’t notice his worry at all. She just grinned happily.

”I’m gonna try and set a timer for five seconds. If I’m not awake after ten seconds, please wake me up.”

This was going to be more difficult. She tried to do the same as before, but left a small void of sorts. Ideally, it would last for about five seconds, draining any new potential awakeness in the meantime. It would stop her from being woken up by regular means. The shock to her system from the void disappearing would ideally wake her up without any outside help, but that was mostly just conjecture. She fell asleep, although it took her a bit longer to set it up that time.

Edgar waited, getting even more worried. And more upset. He didn’t want to be mad, but…well, he was worried about her. And she didn’t seem to care about the risk. Maybe…maybe she didn’t know how much she meant to him? He’d have to remind her.

Edgar waited, getting even more worried. And more upset. He didn’t want to be mad, but…well, he was worried about her. And she didn’t seem to care about the risk. Maybe…maybe she didn’t know how much she meant to him? He’d have to remind her.

Five seconds passed. Ten seconds passed. Jenny didn’t wake up.

Edgar grew very, very worried. He shook her, much more violently than before. “Jenny!”

Jenny remained unresponsive for about six more seconds. She finally woke up with a gasp. Her sense of awakeness had returned unnaturally quickly, which was more than a bit jarring. It felt like being kicked in the stomach. She hadn’t been woken up by Edgar’s shaking this time. He was shaking her a lot. Had she been asleep for too long?

”How long was I out?”

She sounded a bit more apprehensive this time.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny remained unresponsive for about six more seconds. She finally woke up with a gasp. Her sense of awakeness had returned unnaturally quickly, which was more than a bit jarring. It felt like being kicked in the stomach. She hadn’t been woken up by Edgar’s shaking this time. He was shaking her a lot. Had she been asleep for too long?

”How long was I out?”

She sounded a bit more apprehensive this time.

“About fifteen seconds, I think.” He was very obviously shaken, his face somewhat pale. She sounded a like worried herself, and that worried him even more. Hopefully she’d be more careful now.

“About fifteen seconds, I think.” He was very obviously shaken, his face somewhat pale. She sounded a like worried herself, and that worried him even more. Hopefully she’d be more careful now.

“Ah. I overdid it a bit, then.”

Testing it on the scale of seconds was probably harder to get exact than on the scale of minutes, so a difference of only 10 seconds was relatively good. It was too bad that trying to put herself to sleep for anything above a few minutes most likely would be incredibly dangerous if she got it wrong.

Her train of thought stopped once she noticed that Edgar looked pale. And he’d quit smiling. Oh no. That meant Jenny had made him upset. Now she was upset, too.

”That was reckless of me, I’m sorry.”

She hadn’t considered how Hypnokinesis would look to people other than the subject. She’d certainly freak out if Edgar dropped unconscious.

10 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"oh my gods! there is an actual ghost!" roy says taking a step back in fear.

Jenny’s bun had come loose from being shaken so much and her hair was hanging in front of her face. She pushed it behind her ears, confused. Glancing at her ruby, it was dim.

”I don’t think there’s a ghost, my ruby would glow if something dead was nearby.”

Using one of the many hairbands on her wrist, she started to put her hair back into a bun.

I guess Jenny looking like the ring girl when she doesn’t have a bun is canon now :P

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny’s bun had come loose from being shaken so much and her hair was hanging in front of her face. She pushed it behind her ears, confused. Glancing at her ruby, it was dim.

”I don’t think there’s a ghost, my ruby would glow if something dead was nearby.”

Using one of the many hairbands on her wrist, she started to put her hair back into a bun.

"oh my gods!! dont do that again." roy said clearly scared.

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"oh my gods!! dont do that again." roy said clearly scared.

“Do what? Do you mean my hair?”

Jenny quit making a bun and let her hair hang in front of her face again.

”Does it look bad?”

She was genuinely puzzled by Roy’s reaction. Why did he think she looked like a ghost? At least she knew how to spook him, now.

9 hours ago, Lunamor said:

“Ah. I overdid it a bit, then.”

Testing it on the scale of seconds was probably harder to get exact than on the scale of minutes, so a difference of only 10 seconds was relatively good. It was too bad that trying to put herself to sleep for anything above a few minutes most likely would be incredibly dangerous if she got it wrong.

Her train of thought stopped once she noticed that Edgar looked pale. And he’d quit smiling. Oh no. That meant Jenny had made him upset. Now she was upset, too.

”That was reckless of me, I’m sorry.”

She hadn’t considered how Hypnokinesis would look to people other than the subject. She’d certainly freak out if Edgar dropped unconscious.

“It’s…it’s ok.” You have to trust her, you have to trust her.

Don’t I also have to tell her the truth though?

“You did scare me a little, but you’re fine now, that’s the  important thing.” He gave her a halfhearted smile.

6 hours ago, Lunamor said:

“Do what? Do you mean my hair?”

Jenny quit making a bun and let her hair hang in front of her face again.

”Does it look bad?”

She was genuinely puzzled by Roy’s reaction. Why did he think she looked like a ghost? At least she knew how to spook him, now.

”I don’t think it does.”

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“You did scare me a little, but you’re fine now, that’s the  important thing.” He gave her a halfhearted smile.

”I don’t think it does.”

Kasa snorted, leaning over to whisper. "It does. Trust a girl." 

2 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

”I don’t think it does.”

Jenny felt awful. Edgar was smiling, but it wasn’t a very big smile. She tried to smile back, but it was a rather weak smile. She wanted to practice her Hypnokinesis more, but that would stress Edgar out too much.

Edgar seemed to think that her hair looked fine. Maybe Roy was just weird. She put it back up into a bun, making sure it was tight enough to stay put better.

Who’s Kasa whispering to?

@Part Of The Narrative

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny felt awful. Edgar was smiling, but it wasn’t a very big smile. She tried to smile back, but it was a rather weak smile. She wanted to practice her Hypnokinesis more, but that would stress Edgar out too much.

Edgar seemed to think that her hair looked fine. Maybe Roy was just weird. She put it back up into a bun, making sure it was tight enough to stay put better.

@Part Of The Narrative

Jenny.

Kasa shrugged, leaning back, fiddling with a strand of her own dark hair. It was down-they were anticipating a fight, weren't they? She couldn't worry about it coming out during the whole thing, so why not just have it out in the first place?

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

@Part Of The Narrative

Edgar felt bad, he’d made Jenny feel bad, he could see it in her smile. He shouldn’t have said anything. He should have just let her use her magic. He should have just…not been there. If he hadn’t been there, then Jenny would still be happy.

42 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Kasa snorted, leaning over to whisper. "It does. Trust a girl." 

Jenny’s face fell a bit. She’d thought that she looked pretty with her hair down. Kasa’s honesty was appreciated, though.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar felt bad, he’d made Jenny feel bad, he could see it in her smile. He shouldn’t have said anything. He should have just let her use her magic. He should have just…not been there. If he hadn’t been there, then Jenny would still be happy.

“Oh, and thank you for waking me up!”

Jenny kicked herself for not thanking Edgar earlier. She would’ve just passed out after her first attempt and slept for who knows how long.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Oh, and thank you for waking me up!”

Jenny kicked herself for not thanking Edgar earlier. She would’ve just passed out after her first attempt and slept for who knows how long.

“You’re welcome. Though…you still look tired, you might need to sleep some more. You need bed time to rest and heal as much as possible.” He smiled at her again, his smile returning more to normal.