Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

Just now, Lunamor said:

“I won’t leave you.”

As much as she hated to admit it, Roy was somewhat right. Edgar needed to rest, and staying where they were for too long would only set themselves up to be attacked again.

”I think you should probably sleep a bit, though. You need rest to heal. I have a sleeping bag you can use, if you want it.

“Sleep sounds good.” He yawned. “I don’t want to take your bag though, I’ll just sleep on the ground. He glanced at her foot. 

“You got hurt! I’m so sorry!”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“Sleep sounds good.” He yawned. “I don’t want to take your bag though, I’ll just sleep on the ground. He glanced at her foot. 

“You got hurt! I’m so sorry!”

“It’s just my ankle, I’ll be fine. Oddly, it hurts more than it actually harms. I think it’s because of those cursed whips the furies have.”

Jenny looked Edgar in the eyes.

”And I really would prefer it if you used my sleeping bag. I need to sleep too, and I don’t want to be up all night worrying about you.”

Just now, Lunamor said:

“It’s just my ankle, I’ll be fine. Oddly, it hurts more than it actually harms. I think it’s because of those cursed whips the furies have.”

Jenny looked Edgar in the eyes.

”And I really would prefer it if you used my sleeping bag. I need to sleep too, and I don’t want to be up all night worrying about you.”

She would do that just because of him? He wouldn’t have believed anyone would do something like that for him a week ago, but Jenny was different. She was better than anyone he’d known. Well, her and Kylee.

“I guess that might be for the best,” he said reluctantly.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

She would do that just because of him? He wouldn’t have believed anyone would do something like that for him a week ago, but Jenny was different. She was better than anyone he’d known. Well, her and Kylee.

“I guess that might be for the best,” he said reluctantly.

“Thank you. I’ll be back in a sec.”

Fortunately Edgar wasn’t going to argue with her about this. Jenny hobbled over to her pack as quickly as she could, bringing it back with her to where Edgar was. She pulled out her sleeping bag and unrolled it.

”Do you need any help getting in the sleeping bag?”

9 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Thank you. I’ll be back in a sec.”

Fortunately Edgar wasn’t going to argue with her about this. Jenny hobbled over to her pack as quickly as she could, bringing it back with her to where Edgar was. She pulled out her sleeping bag and unrolled it.

”Do you need any help getting in the sleeping bag?”

“No, I’ll be fine,” he said, though he wasn’t sure. He began to side himself into the bag, barely holding back a yell of pain, his eyes watering. He didn’t even make it halfway in before he collapsed on the ground.

9 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“No, I’ll be fine,” he said, though he wasn’t sure. He began to side himself into the bag, barely holding back a yell of pain, his eyes watering. He didn’t even make it halfway in before he collapsed on the ground.

Jenny caught him, incredibly concerned. She helped pull the bag up over him as carefully as she could, trying to avoid making him hurt any more. She then laid down on the ground next to the sleeping bag. She desperately wanted to close her eyes and sleep, but she decided to wait until Edgar had fallen asleep in case he needed more of her help.

Edited by Lunamor

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny caught him, incredibly concerned. She helped pull the bag up over him as carefully as she could, trying to avoid making him hurt any more. She then laid down on the ground next to the sleeping bag. She desperately wanted to close her eyes and sleep, but she decided to wait until Edgar had fallen asleep in case he needed more of her help.

He blushed while she helped him. He didn’t want to be helpless, but it seemed like he always was. But at least it was Jenny helping him, not someone else. She was gentle, not making him hurt more.

“Go to sleep,” he whispered.

He blushed while she helped him. He didn’t want to be helpless, but it seemed like he always was. But at least it was Jenny helping him, not someone else. She was gentle, not making him hurt more.

“Go to sleep,” he whispered.

“You first.”

She whispered back. Jenny figured that Edgar was tired enough she could outlast him. It was a bit difficult to stay awake, though. She might not have been injured as much as Edgar was, but using her powers in the way she had had overexerted herself massively.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“You first.”

She whispered back. Jenny figured that Edgar was tired enough she could outlast him. It was a bit difficult to stay awake, though. She might not have been injured as much as Edgar was, but using her powers in the way she had had overexerted herself massively.

“I’m trying, but I don’t want you staying up because of me. I took the sleeping bag so that you wouldn’t worry, but I’ll give it back if you still aren’t going to sleep.”

“I’m trying, but I don’t want you staying up because of me. I took the sleeping bag so that you wouldn’t worry, but I’ll give it back if you still aren’t going to sleep.”

“I will sleep, Edgar, I promise. I just need to make sure you’re ok first. To be honest, I think I might end up falling asleep before you anyways even if I try not to.”

Her eyelids began to droop. She’d probably jinxed it.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“I will sleep, Edgar, I promise. I just need to make sure you’re ok first. To be honest, I think I might end up falling asleep before you anyways even if I try not to.”

Her eyelids began to droop. She’d probably jinxed it.

“Don’t stop yourself, please. You need sleep as much as I do.” He was tired, but it would probably take a while to fall asleep. It usually did. 

“Don’t stop yourself, please. You need sleep as much as I do.” He was tired, but it would probably take a while to fall asleep. It usually did. 

Jenny didn’t respond. Due to her exhaustion, she’d utterly failed to stay awake.

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar smiled, and eventually he fell asleep too. He didn’t dream.

Jenny didn’t respond. Due to her exhaustion, she’d utterly failed to stay awake.

roy sat and sharpened his spear taking first watch. 

Edgar woke up. He hurt, it was all he could do to keep himself from screaming in pain. His cheeks were wet, he was crying, and he must have been crying in his sleep. He couldn’t stop the tears, the pain was too much. His back hurt the most, the gashes seeming to burn. But his entire body hurt.

I want to die, I want to die, I want to die. If he was dead, he wouldn’t hurt, right? He wouldn’t go to fields of punishment, he didn’t think. And how could those be worse than what he felt right now? He gasped, and even breathing hurt. He couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. Her just lay there, hurting more than he had in his life.

@Lunamor

@RoyalBeeMage

@The Clarinetist

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar woke up. He hurt, it was all he could do to keep himself from screaming in pain. His cheeks were wet, he was crying, and he must have been crying in his sleep. He couldn’t stop the tears, the pain was too much. His back hurt the most, the gashes seeming to burn. But his entire body hurt.

I want to die, I want to die, I want to die. If he was dead, he wouldn’t hurt, right? He wouldn’t go to fields of punishment, he didn’t think. And how could those be worse than what he felt right now? He gasped, and even breathing hurt. He couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. Her just lay there, hurting more than he had in his life.

@Lunamor

@RoyalBeeMage

@The Clarinetist

"You good?" Harold says, just woken up. "I have some ambrosia, if you need any."

@Lunamor

@RoyalBeeMage

@The Clarinetist

Jenny’s eyes snapped open when she heard Edgar gasp. She sat up and saw that he was crying. She immediately started to panic. He was in so much pain, and she had no idea how to help him. How long had he been like this? Stupid Jenny had fallen asleep before he had. Had Edgar been in pain, crying this whole time? She spoke to him softly, managing to keep the panic out of her voice.

”Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?”

Harold’s offer of ambrosia might either be incredibly helpful or dangerous. She tried to speak to Gift mentally again. Jenny had no idea if it would still talk to her.

Is more ambrosia safe?

7 minutes ago, The Clarinetist said:

"You good?" Harold says, just woken up. "I have some ambrosia, if you need any."

“…can’t,” he gasped.

Jenny’s eyes snapped open when she heard Edgar gasp. She sat up and saw that he was crying. She immediately started to panic. He was in so much pain, and she had no idea how to help him. How long had he been like this? Stupid Jenny had fallen asleep before he had. Had Edgar been in pain, crying this whole time? She spoke to him softly, managing to keep the panic out of her voice.

”Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?”

Harold’s offer of ambrosia might either be incredibly helpful or dangerous. She tried to speak to Gift mentally again. Jenny had no idea if it would still talk to her.

Is more ambrosia safe?

Jenny was there. That made things a little bit better, though it didn’t help the pain. That was still there, overpowering him. He couldn’t escape it, there was nothing he could do to get rid of it. And Jenny wanted to help, how could she?

”…don’t know.”

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“…can’t,” he gasped.

Jenny was there. That made things a little bit better, though it didn’t help the pain. That was still there, overpowering him. He couldn’t escape it, there was nothing he could do to get rid of it. And Jenny wanted to help, how could she?

”…don’t know.”

Edgar’s weak, Jenny. He can’t handle a little pain.

Jenny shut her eyes, frantically trying to figure out what to do. Shadow manipulation would do nothing. Necromancy would do nothing. Ripping tears in the earth would do nothing. Maybe… maybe Hypnokinesis could help?

”I can try and put you to sleep with Hypnokinesis. Maybe you won’t have to feel any pain until you can eat ambrosia that way?”

You offer him the coward’s way out.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Edgar’s weak, Jenny. He can’t handle a little pain.

Jenny shut her eyes, frantically trying to figure out what to do. Shadow manipulation would do nothing. Necromancy would do nothing. Ripping tears in the earth would do nothing. Maybe… maybe Hypnokinesis could help?

”I can try and put you to sleep with Hypnokinesis. Maybe you won’t have to feel any pain until you can eat ambrosia that way?”

You offer him the coward’s way out.

“Please…” he couldn’t talk, it hurt so much. He wanted to be gone, sleep would be good. Or death. Either one.

“Please…” he couldn’t talk, it hurt so much. He wanted to be gone, sleep would be good. Or death. Either one.

Jenny nodded, closing her eyes. She was tired, so tired. But Edgar needed her help.

Edgar’s selfish. He knows how much this strains you. 

She reached out with her mind. Jenny hadn’t intentionally done this before, so it took her a while to find Edgar’s awakeness. Her thoughts drifted around, seeking his familiar presence. Eventually, she found it. His awakeness felt odd, like something was forcing it to stay. That must’ve been the pain. She tried to gently tap it, dispersing Edgar’s awakeness.

Why do you sacr

Jenny passed out, the effort of putting Edgar to sleep causing her exhaustion to overwhelm her as well. She slipped into a dream, finding a shadowed figure standing in front of her. It spoke in a familiar voice.

ifice so much for that weakling?

Jenny shut her eyes, somehow feeing tired even though she was asleep.

”Leave me alone.”

I only have your best interests at heart, Jenny.

”I need to help other people, too.”

Other people?

The voice chuckled. It was loud enough to hurt her ears, or at least the dream equivalent of them.

When do “other people” ever help you, Jenny? You give, but no one returns your… generosity.

Jenny opened her eyes and tried to banish the figure from her mind. It flickered, briefly, but returned with a renewed strength. She swore she could see a smirk on its indistinct face.

Quit lying to yourself.

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny nodded, closing her eyes. She was tired, so tired. But Edgar needed her help.

Edgar’s selfish. He knows how much this strains you. 

She reached out with her mind. Jenny hadn’t intentionally done this before, so it took her a while to find Edgar’s awakeness. Her thoughts drifted around, seeking his familiar presence. Eventually, she found it. His awakeness felt odd, like something was forcing it to stay. That must’ve been the pain. She tried to gently tap it, dispersing Edgar’s awakeness.

Why do you sacr

Jenny passed out, the effort of putting Edgar to sleep causing her exhaustion to overwhelm her as well. She slipped into a dream, finding a shadowed figure standing in front of her. It spoke in a familiar voice.

ifice so much for that weakling?

Jenny shut her eyes, somehow feeing tired even though she was asleep.

”Leave me alone.”

I only have your best interests at heart, Jenny.

”I need to help other people, too.”

Other people?

The voice chuckled. It was loud enough to hurt her ears, or at least the dream equivalent of them.

When do “other people” ever help you, Jenny? You give, but no one returns your… generosity.

Jenny opened her eyes and tried to banish the figure from her mind. It flickered, briefly, but returned with a renewed strength. She swore she could see a smirk on its indistinct face.

Quit lying to yourself.

Edgar fell asleep. The Gift unwound from its usual place on his arm and flowed over to Jenny. It wound comfortingly along her arm, like it would with Edgar.

Thank you Jenny.

Edgar fell asleep. The Gift unwound from its usual place on his arm and flowed over to Jenny. It wound comfortingly along her arm, like it would with Edgar.

Thank you Jenny.

A different voice spoke, one that sounded kind. The not-quite-Edgar one.

Thank you Jenny.

She smiled. Gift, or maybe even Hephaestus, appreciated what she had done. Jenny had been helpful. The figure frowned and spoke again.

Words mean nothing. Edgar himself can’t be bothered to speak to you.

She crossed her arms. 

“You know that isn’t fair.”

Perhaps. But is there a real difference between an inability to speak and a refusal to? Is the impact not the same?

The voice didn’t understand. Genuinely, truly didn’t understand. Her next words were filled with a sense of triumph.

”You don’t get it, do you? Why people like each other, help each other?”

And who are you to understand it, Jenny? You of all people should know that you have no right to claim an understanding of what others are thinking.

The voice had taken on a tone of exasperation. Jenny faltered, her feelings of victory shattered. It was right.

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

A different voice spoke, one that sounded kind. The not-quite-Edgar one.

Thank you Jenny.

She smiled. Gift, or maybe even Hephaestus, appreciated what she had done. Jenny had been helpful. The figure frowned and spoke again.

Words mean nothing. Edgar himself can’t be bothered to speak to you.

She crossed her arms. 

“You know that isn’t fair.”

Perhaps. But is there a real difference between an inability to speak and a refusal to? Is the impact not the same?

The voice didn’t understand. Genuinely, truly didn’t understand. Her next words were filled with a sense of triumph.

”You don’t get it, do you? Why people like each other, help each other?”

And who are you to understand it, Jenny? You of all people should know that you have no right to claim an understanding of what others are thinking.

The voice had taken on a tone of exasperation. Jenny faltered, her feelings of victory shattered. It was right.

Edgar can’t speak right now, his wounds prevent him from more than a few words. So I speak for him, as well as I can. He likes you Jenny, he truly does. He’s not very good with people, he can be bad at showing how he feels, but he does. I wish he could be here instead of me, he’d be better at this.