Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

6 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Hmmm… Nathan?” Edgar asked, stepping a little closer to Jenny again. “I like the heart, it gives them character. Personality.”

“Nathan. That fits him too.”

Jenny added a tiny A + N inside of the heart and drew a tree trunk behind it. She liked the short story that it told. Perhaps they were forbidden lovers, sneaking to the tree together when they could. Or they just liked the tree. It was barren of leaves.

”You’re great at naming things.”

Crickets do weirdly look like a Nathan to me.

Edited by Lunamor

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Nathan. That fits him too.”

Jenny added a tiny A + N inside of the heart and drew a tree trunk behind it. She liked the short story that it told. Perhaps they were forbidden lovers, sneaking to the tree together when they could. Or they just liked the tree. It was barren of leaves.

”You’re great at naming things.”

“Thank you. You’re really good at drawing.” He stepped even closer, his shoulder brushing hers.

“Is it a happy story?”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“Thank you. You’re really good at drawing.” He stepped even closer, his shoulder brushing hers.

“Is it a happy story?”

“Hmm…”

She thought for a moment.

”Their story isn’t over right now. It’s been mostly happy so far, but one got beheaded and the other broke his wings so that stinks for them. They’re still trying their best to be happy, though. They’re doing a pretty good job, all things considered. Ariana’s father doesn’t approve, though. You see-“

Jenny then proceeded to tell what was essentially an abridged version of Romeo and Juliette, minus the tragic ending.

Just now, Lunamor said:

“Hmm…”

”Their story isn’t over right now. It’s been mostly happy so far, but one got beheaded and the other broke his wings so that stinks for them. They’re still trying their best to be happy, though. They’re doing a pretty good job, all things considered. Ariana’s father doesn’t approve, though. You see-“

Jenny then proceeded to tell what was essentially an abridged version of Romeo and Juliette, minus the tragic ending.

Edgar smiled though the story. He liked hearing her talk, seeing her excitement about the story. And just seeing her. He reached his hand out, as if to grab hers, but then pulled it back. It was back to this then. He hoped he’d be able to fix what he’d done.

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar smiled though the story. He liked hearing her talk, seeing her excitement about the story. And just seeing her. He reached his hand out, as if to grab hers, but then pulled it back. It was back to this then. He hoped he’d be able to fix what he’d done.

10 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Hmm…”

"that story is just Romeo and Juliet without the ending. and with crickets."

12 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Jenny didn’t notice his hand reach for hers, too absorbed in her tale. When she finished, she looked at him, oddly solemn.

”The story won’t end well for the crickets if they don’t figure out how to fix themselves. Crickets eventually become crazy without a head and sad without wings.”

She grabbed his hand, not in a romantic way but in a sincere way.

”You need to stop clipping your wings, Edgar.”

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"that story is just Romeo and Juliet without the ending. and with crickets."

”Art imitates life and all that. Or art imitates art, I guess.”

Edited by Lunamor

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny didn’t notice his hand reach for hers, too absorbed in her tale. When she finished, she looked at him, oddly solemn.

”The story won’t end well for the crickets if they don’t figure out how to fix themselves. Crickets eventually become crazy without a head and sad without wings.

”You need to stop clipping your wings, Edgar.”

“…how?” he whispered. “What if my wings need to be clipped?”

“…how?” he whispered. “What if my wings need to be clipped?”

“Then you can’t help me find my head again.”

You’re wasting your time.

Jenny looked down, her expression almost defeated in a way. Maybe the voice was right. Maybe Edgar would never listen to her. She might not be good enough to make him happy again. That terrified her.

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Then you can’t help me find my head again.”

You’re wasting your time.

Jenny looked down, her expression almost defeated in a way. Maybe the voice was right. Maybe Edgar would never listen to her. She might not be good enough to make him happy again. That terrified her.

He reached his hand out slowly, grabbing her hand. “I’ll help you find your head.”

He reached his hand out slowly, grabbing her hand. “I’ll help you find your head.”

Jenny nodded, hope driving away some of her defeat.

”You’ve gotta be able to fly to find it.”

She stepped closer, bumping against Edgar’s shoulder and staring at the crickets.

”And thank you.”

She almost apologized for being a burden, but that would’ve been contradictory to what she’d been saying. So she just stood there, glad that Edgar hadn’t left.

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny nodded, hope driving away some of her defeat.

”You’ve gotta be able to fly to find it.”

She stepped closer, bumping against Edgar’s shoulder and staring at the crickets.

”And thank you.”

She almost apologized for being a burden, but that would’ve been contradictory to what she’d been saying. So she just stood there, glad that Edgar hadn’t left.

“Will you help me fly?” he asked, almost desperate, gripping her hand tightly.

“Will you help me fly?” he asked, almost desperate, gripping her hand tightly.

“I will.”

Jenny’s voice was filled with an uncharacteristic, quiet intensity.

Don’t lie, Jenny.

”Always.”

She stared into his amber eyes, her own filled with absolute sincerity.

Just now, Lunamor said:

“I will.”

Jenny’s voice was filled with an uncharacteristic, quiet intensity.

Don’t lie, Jenny.

”Always.”

She stared into his amber eyes, her own filled with absolute sincerity.

Always… he remembered that word.

Kylee had said she’d always be there. 

He stared back at her. “And I’ll be here for you as long as want me. That can be always, if you decide that.”

Always… he remembered that word.

Kylee had said she’d always be there. 

He stared back at her. “And I’ll be here for you as long as want me. That can be always, if you decide that.”

Jenny grabbed Edgar’s other hand, holding them both.

“Always.”

She repeated. She couldn’t stop staring at him, unconsciously leaning forwards.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny grabbed Edgar’s other hand, holding them both.

“Always.”

She repeated. She couldn’t stop staring at him, unconsciously leaning forwards.

He smiled and leaned forward too. He could feel her breath, his heart beating loudly in his chest. Was she going to kiss him? Should he kiss her? Would she be mad if she did? He decided he’d let her make that call. He grinned at her. “Always.”

He smiled and leaned forward too. He could feel her breath, his heart beating loudly in his chest. Was she going to kiss him? Should he kiss her? Would she be mad if she did? He decided he’d let her make that call. He grinned at her. “Always.”

Without even thinking about it, Jenny closed the distance between them and kissed Edgar.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Without even thinking about it, Jenny closed the distance between them and kissed Edgar.

She had…kissed him! This was good! She really must like him! Even after everything, he had doubted, but not any more. He kissed her back.

She had…kissed him! This was good! She really must like him! Even after everything, he had doubted, but not any more. He kissed her back.

He was kissing her back. She’d made the right decision. The risk had paid off, although she hadn’t even considered it. She eventually stopped, grinning like crazy. Jenny then looked to the side and realized that they were probably being watched by nearly everyone else. She turned a deep, deep red.

Just now, Lunamor said:

He was kissing her back. She’d made the right decision. The risk had paid off, although she hadn’t even considered it. She eventually stopped, grinning like crazy. Jenny then looked to the side and realized that they were probably being watched by nearly everyone else. She turned a deep, deep red.

Edgar flushed. Had he done something wrong? She’d been the one that had kissed him though. Why was she blushing so much?

It’s because of you. You did something wrong. You are alive, and that’s wrong. She’s embarrassed to have kissed someone like you.

But she was smiling. He was so confused. Everything about her was confusing.

It was worth it though.

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar flushed. Had he done something wrong? She’d been the one that had kissed him though. Why was she blushing so much?

It’s because of you. You did something wrong. You are alive, and that’s wrong. She’s embarrassed to have kissed someone like you.

But she was smiling. He was so confused. Everything about her was confusing.

It was worth it though.

“Everyone’s watching.”

She whispered. Jenny somehow managed to look both incredibly embarrassed and joyful at the same time. It was certainly worth the embarrassment. It wasn’t humiliating at all.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“Everyone’s watching.”

She whispered. Jenny somehow managed to look both incredibly embarrassed and joyful at the same time. It was certainly worth the embarrassment. It wasn’t humiliating at all.

Oh, that made sense. He smiled widely at her. “They are, that’s true.” He didn’t let go of her hands.

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Oh, that made sense. He smiled widely at her. “They are, that’s true.” He didn’t let go of her hands.

Edgar didn’t seem embarrassed at all. That made Jenny feel slightly less embarrassed. Not by too terribly much. But it was good enough. She kissed him again, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Edgar didn’t seem embarrassed at all. That made Jenny feel slightly less embarrassed. Not by too terribly much. But it was good enough. She kissed him again, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, right up Adair him. And the kiss…he’d never had anything like this before.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, right up Adair him. And the kiss…he’d never had anything like this before.

Jenny melted against him. She wished that she could stay in that moment forever. Her exhaustion, her worry, she’d forgotten about it all. Nothing else seemed to matter. Just Edgar.

Jenny melted against him. She wished that she could stay in that moment forever. Her exhaustion, her worry, she’d forgotten about it all. Nothing else seemed to matter. Just Edgar.

Eventually, he broke the kiss, but kept holding her to him.

“What was it you had said about everyone watching?” he said with a chuckle.

Edited by Weaver of Lights