Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“I don’t either…” He sat there, then leaned his shoulder against her. “This works though.

Jenny nodded, although she was rather tense. She liked being with Ed, but now that they weren’t alone again her mind began to wander. She tried to think more about her distrust of Roy, but couldn’t form any coherent thoughts about it for some reason. It made her head hurt a bit, so she quit trying with an uncharacteristic lack of curiosity as to what was causing that.

Her mind was still anxious, however, so it instead latched onto her worry about succeeding on the quest, about meeting her father, about accidentally hurting Ed. She raced from thought to thought, pulling her knees to her chest as it became a bit overwhelming.

#relatable

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny nodded, although she was rather tense. She liked being with Ed, but now that they weren’t alone again her mind began to wander. She tried to think more about her distrust of Roy, but couldn’t form any coherent thoughts about it for some reason. It made her head hurt a bit, so she quit trying with an uncharacteristic lack of curiosity as to what was causing that.

Her mind was still anxious, however, so it instead latched onto her worry about succeeding on the quest, about meeting her father, about accidentally hurting Ed. She raced from thought to thought, pulling her knees to her chest as it became a bit overwhelming.

He glanced over at her. “Is everything ok?”

What was wrong? What was he doing badly?

He glanced over at her. “Is everything ok?”

What was wrong? What was he doing badly?

“My brain doesn’t like doing nothing.”

Jenny made a brief effort to sit in a normal, relaxed position again. That just made her more anxious, however, so she went back to sitting with her knees against her chest. Her inability to relax, of course, made her even more anxious. She was jealous of the other quest members who seemed to sit still just fine. They all had ADHD, so why was Jenny worse at it than them?

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny made a brief effort to sit in a normal, relaxed position again. That just made her more anxious, however, so she went back to sitting with her knees against her chest. Her inability to relax, of course, made her even more anxious. She was jealous of the other quest members who seemed to sit still just fine. They all had ADHD, so why was Jenny worse at it than them?

Wait Luna!

now I'm curious!

do you have ADHD IRL? :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Gift flowed to her hand, where it became a fidget spinner again. Edgar laughed, it knew what she needed at the time, and this was it.

43 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Gift flowed to her hand, where it became a fidget spinner again. Edgar laughed, it knew what she needed at the time, and this was it.

Jenny smiled and started playing with it. This time, however, it wasn’t quite enough to banish her nervousness. She managed to sit with only one knee up against her chest but remained visibly tense. The additions of the pain in her side and subconscious worries about Roy had pushed her deeper into anxiety territory than before. She suddenly felt like she was going to hyperventilate.

My fricken dog peed on my fricken couch, if you’re wondering where I’ve been for the past 40 minutes.

Edit: You can post a character sheet (see the OP for the template) and have your character suddenly have always been a part of the quest. We’re not really following continuity very well out of necessity :P

@The Aspiring Archivist

Edited by Lunamor

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny smiled and started playing with it. This time, however, it wasn’t quite enough to banish her nervousness. She managed to sit with only one knee up against her chest but remained visibly tense. The additions of the pain in her side and subconscious worries about Roy had pushed her deeper into anxiety territory than before. She suddenly felt like she was going to hyperventilate.

Edgar put an arm around her shoulder, unsure of what else he could do to help she was obviously still worried, but he was too, how could he help her if he didn’t know how to help himself.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar put an arm around her shoulder, unsure of what else he could do to help she was obviously still worried, but he was too, how could he help her if he didn’t know how to help himself.

Jenny attempted to take deep breaths to calm herself down, but that somehow just managed to stress her out more. She suddenly got up, ignoring the massive flash of pain in her side, and stumbled behind the tree, where she was hidden from view. She sat down, although it was more like fell down. Burying her face in her knees, it took everything she had not to hyperventilate.

7 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny attempted to take deep breaths to calm herself down, but that somehow just managed to stress her out more. She suddenly got up, ignoring the massive flash of pain in her side, and stumbled behind the tree, where she was hidden from view. She sat down, although it was more like fell down. Burying her face in her knees, it took everything she had not to hyperventilate.

What? Why? Should he follow her? Did she not want him around? That was probably it, she just had been to afraid to say it. Edgar sat there, then put his head in his hands. Why was he so bad at this?

5 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

What? Why? Should he follow her? Did she not want him around? That was probably it, she just had been to afraid to say it. Edgar sat there, then put his head in his hands. Why was he so bad at this?

Jenny was spiraling. She couldn’t stop it, just sit there and feel her brain slowly melt. She knew that she probably needed help from someone else. She needed to do something, anything, interrupt the spiral. She’d break down, otherwise. But doing things was hard. Even lifting her head felt like too much. Jenny clutched Gift. She knew it probably couldn’t help her with this, but she hoped it could anyways. Her thoughts weren’t coherent enough to ask.

9 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny was spiraling. She couldn’t stop it, just sit there and feel her brain slowly melt. She knew that she probably needed help from someone else. She needed to do something, anything, interrupt the spiral. She’d break down, otherwise. But doing things was hard. Even lifting her head felt like too much. Jenny clutched Gift. She knew it probably couldn’t help her with this, but she hoped it could anyways. Her thoughts weren’t coherent enough to ask.

Do you need something?

name: Terrance Neil Marin

godly parent: Deimos (God of Terror)

fatal flaw: He is horrible at trusting anyone.

general flaws: Not very mentally well, quick to lash out, often gets physical tremors, especially in the hands.

divine gift: He can inspire terror and dread at will, and can become semi-invisible (basically very hard to notice him unless you know he's there)

preferred weapon(if any): Unsure, maybe a whip?

time spent at the camp(if any): He is a new arrival.

Appearance: Tan skin, brown hair, dark clothes, blue eyes. Note his godly grandmother :P

Personality: See above, and I'll develop it as time goes

Is this good?

@Lunamor

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Do you need something?

Help.

Jenny couldn’t think much more than that. She was approaching the point where her thoughts devolved into only feelings. It felt like there was too much stuff shoved into her brain, like it was going to explode.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Help.

Jenny couldn’t think much more than that. She was approaching the point where her thoughts devolved into only feelings. It felt like there was too much stuff shoved into her brain, like it was going to explode.

I can do that, I think. Maybe? I’m not good with emotional help. I can do physical things though.

6 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

I can do that, I think. Maybe? I’m not good with emotional help. I can do physical things though.

Get help.

Then Jenny fell off of the edge. Her thoughts were completely gone. She could no longer understand what the feelings in her head were. All she knew was that there was a lot of something, and it was very bad. Tears started streaming down her face, although that was unnoticeable due to her face being hidden by her knees.

Oof, this hurts to write.

18 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I’m assuming a non main god is ok for a godly parent, but I’ll tag Roy just in case. I don’t remember the books very well :P He can go ahead and add your sheet to the OP and then you can have your character join in whenever.

@RoyalBeeMage

Edited by Lunamor

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Get help.

Then Jenny fell off of the edge. Her thoughts were completely gone. She could no longer understand what the feelings in her head were. All she knew was that there was a lot of something, and it was very bad. Tears started streaming down her face, although that was unnoticeable due to her face being hidden by her knees.

@RoyalBeeMage

Well they were always at Camp, the only thing that depends if whether or not they have their own cabins

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Well they were always at Camp, the only thing that depends if whether or not they have their own cabins

Ah ok, I’d assume it’s fine then!

name: Lucid

godly parent: Athena

fatal flaw: tends to be.. over angry at times, causing him to become paranoid, and enraged, losing hold of his sense of.. Logic...

general flaws: Paranoia, general fear, Loss of interest, Fear that one day his friends and family will end up dead.. and that his friends will be dead.

divine gift: an eternal pocket watch that tells the time of the area around, build into a quiver of arrows that can blend in with outfits, hiding not only the quiver, but also the bow.

prefered weapon(if any): the Bow, or a longsword.

HATED weapon: Shortsword; they tend to be annoying.

time spent at the camp(if any): uh- around 8-9 years.

Appearance: Ginger, a tad bit pudgy, medium length hair, freckles, on face and arms, always wearing jeans, and a winter coat-ish with black plad. Oh, he is quite pale, and tries to keep a certain authors books in one of his pockets.. anyway, he's a nerd.

Personality: Friendly to friends, always open to new friends, unless he hears back talk about either him, his technical siblings, and friends.

Will he work?

Edited by Wierdo
needed to do somethin

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Maybe he could have been following along in secret for a while? What's going on?

Currently the characters are midway through a journey to the underworld. Their quest is to retrieve Zeus’s bolt- it’s basically the same as the first book’s main plot line. They’ve fought the furies on the bus and Medusa so far. Two of the characters, Rob and Harold, went off to find a train. The rest of the characters are at an improvised campish area. Right now, Roy recently got into a fight with Jenny and Edgar and ended up impaling Jenny. Aaron tried to intervene. Tensions are currently high, but Jenny managed to get everyone (mostly she talked down Edgar) to let Roy stay because of influence from Kronos. Roy is secretly working for him, but no one else knows. Aaron is also secretly working for a titan. Jenny and Edgar are in a relationship. Jenny is currently breaking down behind a tree, and Roy, Edgar, and Aaron are generally sitting in the same area, I think.

2 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Will he work?

Probably!

@RoyalBeeMage

Edited by Lunamor
Clarification