Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Without another word, he walked away into the forest and disappeared into the trees.

Jenny might’ve gone after the stranger if it weren’t for her side. Instead, she tried to subtly wipe the tears off of her face as best as she could, attempting to hide the fact that she’d been crying from Roy and Aaron. It was too late to hide it from Ed.

She was weak. She’d cracked under the weight of pressure, pressure that everyone else seemed to handle just fine. Useless, stupid Jenny, She looked downwards, both in shame and to hide her face. Running away again would made her distress far too obvious and just hurt her more.

@Weaver of Lights

@Scars of Hathsin

@RoyalBeeMage

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny might’ve gone after the stranger if it weren’t for her side. Instead, she tried to subtly wipe the tears off of her face as best as she could, attempting to hide the fact that she’d been crying from Roy and Aaron. It was too late to hide it from Ed.

She was weak. She’d cracked under the weight of pressure, pressure that everyone else seemed to handle just fine. Useless, stupid Jenny, She looked downwards, both in shame and to hide her face. Running away again would made her distress far too obvious and just hurt her more.

@Weaver of Lights

@Scars of Hathsin

@RoyalBeeMage

Edgar slowly put down his blowgun. He could think about that strange boy later, right now Jenny needed him much more.

She was crying, and that scared him. He was so bad at knowing what to do when people were crying. Did she him to leave, to  ignore it, to offer help? He wrapped his arms around her again, letting her head rest against his chest. That was what he was supposed to do, right?

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar slowly put down his blowgun. He could think about that strange boy later, right now Jenny needed him much more.

She was crying, and that scared him. He was so bad at knowing what to do when people were crying. Did she him to leave, to  ignore it, to offer help? He wrapped his arms around her again, letting her head rest against his chest. That was what he was supposed to do, right?

Jenny fought to keep her eyes from going glassy. It was so easy to just leave, float somewhere else. But that scared Ed. She didn’t want to do that to him. So she wrapped a shaking arm around him too. Now that the adrenaline had left her system, she was once again in pain and feeling the emotions on the tail-end of the breakdown.

Jenny needed to tell someone what was going on. She couldn’t keep hiding this. She could tell Ed. But telling him right there, in front of everyone else, wasn’t something she was comfortable with. She whispered in his ear.

”Can you please help me move somewhere other than here?”

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny fought to keep her eyes from going glassy. It was so easy to just leave, float somewhere else. But that scared Ed. She didn’t want to do that to him. So she wrapped a shaking arm around him too. Now that the adrenaline had left her system, she was once again in pain and feeling the emotions on the tail-end of the breakdown.

Jenny needed to tell someone what was going on. She couldn’t keep hiding this. She could tell Ed. But telling him right there, in front of everyone else, wasn’t something she was comfortable with. She whispered in his ear.

”Can you please help me move somewhere other than here?”

“Of course, anything for you,” he whispered back. He helped her stand.

“Of course, anything for you,” he whispered back. He helped her stand.

“Thank you.”

Jenny stumbled in the direction of another tree, out of earshot from everyone else. She sat down on the opposite side so that she was out of eyesight from everyone else, too. She patted the ground next to her, asking Ed to sit down.

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Thank you.”

Jenny stumbled in the direction of another tree, out of earshot from everyone else. She sat down on the opposite side so that she was out of eyesight from everyone else, too. She patted the ground next to her, asking Ed to sit down.

He did, wrapping an arm around her again, pulling her gently so that, if she let him, her head would be against his chest again, his arm around her.

“What is it? What’s wrong?”

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

He did, wrapping an arm around her again, pulling her gently so that, if she let him, her head would be against his chest again, his arm around her.

“What is it? What’s wrong?”

Jenny let Ed pull her head against his chest.

”I’m broken. My brain doesn’t work right. Sometimes when I’m stressed, my mind just quits functioning. Negative emotions overwhelm me until I can’t form thoughts, and then I can’t even understand what the emotions are. Just that there’s something very bad in my head and too much of it. It feels like I’m going to explode. I don’t know what to do other than run away and cry. I can’t keep doing that, but I just don’t know how to fix it, and I… I…”

She was getting too close to pushing herself over the edge again, so she quit talking and squeezed her eyes shut.

4 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Okey dokey.

Jenny let Ed pull her head against his chest.

”I’m broken. My brain doesn’t work right. Sometimes when I’m stressed, my mind just quits functioning. Negative emotions overwhelm me until I can’t form thoughts, and then I can’t even understand what the emotions are. Just that there’s something very bad in my head and too much of it. It feels like I’m going to explode. I don’t know what to do other than run away and cry. I can’t keep doing that, but I just don’t know how to fix it, and I… I…”

She was getting too close to pushing herself over the edge again, so she quit talking and squeezed her eyes shut.

He hugged her as tightly as he dared. “Thank you for telling me, I…I know how hard it can be. I want to help, can I? Is talking helping?”

He hugged her as tightly as he dared. “Thank you for telling me, I…I know how hard it can be. I want to help, can I? Is talking helping?”

After a moment, Jenny spoke again in a quiet voice.

”I think talking helps. It’s like if I don’t tell someone, then the emotions about having those emotions get trapped in my head and push it even closer to exploding. I don’t know if that makes sense.”

She appreciated Ed being there deeply. She liked his arms around her, but it was his willingness to listen that really helped.

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

After a moment, Jenny spoke again in a quiet voice.

”I think talking helps. It’s like if I don’t tell someone, then the emotions about having those emotions get trapped in my head and push it even closer to exploding. I don’t know if that makes sense.”

She appreciated Ed being there deeply. She liked his arms around her, but it was his willingness to listen that really helped.

“Well I’m here for you to talk to. I’m here for you, Jen.”

“Well I’m here for you to talk to. I’m here for you, Jen.”

“Thank you.”

Hopefully Ed didn’t see her as weak now. Jenny didn’t think he would, but she worried anyways. She took a deep, shuddering breath. It didn’t make her panic, this time. In that moment, she felt safe. She looked up at Ed and smiled. There were tears in her eyes, but not all of them were bad ones now.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“Thank you.”

Hopefully Ed didn’t see her as weak now. Jenny didn’t think he would, but she worried anyways. She took a deep, shuddering breath. It didn’t make her panic, this time. In that moment, she felt safe. She looked up at Ed and smiled. There were tears in her eyes, but not all of them were bad ones now.

He smiled back. Did that smile mean she was ok? Probably not, at least not all the way. He leaned down and kissed her.

He smiled back. Did that smile mean she was ok? Probably not, at least not all the way. He leaned down and kissed her.

3 - 5. Jenny was really getting behind. She didn’t particularly mind.

She wrapped her arms around Ed’s neck and pulled herself slightly upwards, into the kiss.

7 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

3 - 5. Jenny was really getting behind. She didn’t particularly mind.

She wrapped her arms around Ed’s neck and pulled herself slightly upwards, into the kiss.

This was…good, right? It was definitely distracting her, was that a good thing? He liked it…

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

This was…good, right? It was definitely distracting her, was that a good thing? He liked it…

Jenny pulled back, smiled, then immediately kissed Ed again.

4 - 5, she was catching up.

Jenny pulled back, smiled, then immediately kissed Ed again.

4 - 5, she was catching up.

He smiled back, then leaned into the kiss again. Eventually, he pulled away. “Could…it be related to the voice?”

He smiled back, then leaned into the kiss again. Eventually, he pulled away. “Could…it be related to the voice?”

“This is different. The voice is new, but I’ve always been this way. My brain’s just not built right.”

The voice was a different type of wrong. The stress caused by it wasn’t helping, however. It was certainly exasperating her problems. 

20 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“This is different. The voice is new, but I’ve always been this way. My brain’s just not built right.”

The voice was a different type of wrong. The stress caused by it wasn’t helping, however. It was certainly exasperating her problems. 

“Your brain was built right. It might not be the same as others, but that doesn’t mean it’s not right. You have a good brain, at least for me. That’s why I like you.” He smiled at her again, hoping it would help.

“Your brain was built right. It might not be the same as others, but that doesn’t mean it’s not right. You have a good brain, at least for me. That’s why I like you.” He smiled at her again, hoping it would help.

Jenny smiled back, although she didn’t think Ed was completely right. She was different in some not-bad ways, but not all of the differences were harmless. Brains aren’t supposed to make you lose it for no good reason. Ed liked her, though. That was nice, even if he didn’t really understand all of her wrongness.

Terrance allowed himself to disappear again, to become nothing more than the dread he embodied. He was the prickle at the back of someone's neck, the uneasy presence one feels when alone. He could be nothing, he could hide...

His hands wouldn't stop shaking. He tried to clench them, hold them down, but it was no use. He felt adrift in the terror he was meant to control. Trembling, cowering. Father, I despise you.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny smiled back, although she didn’t think Ed was completely right. She was different in some not-bad ways, but not all of the differences were harmless. Brains aren’t supposed to make you lose it for no good reason. Ed liked her, though. That was nice, even if he didn’t really understand all of her wrongness.

“Is there anything else we can do to help you?”