Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

Just now, SmilingPanda19 said:

His tentacle retracts, grabbing the weapon, hissing. “My precious, my treasure.” It holds it close, going back into the cornucopia pile. Disappearing as a black oozing goop. “Greedy boy touches you… never again.” It almost whimpers, crying in the pile, it sinking down over it again.

Aaron looked around, and, feeling guilty, grabbed an axe. He sprinted away as fast as he could. Somehow, he got an unrealistically far distance in a short time.

He chuckles a little. “You are so oblivious arent you?” He picks up the lantern, looking around the cart into the snow to check around. “Well you see boy, there’s a legend of a monster up in these mountains, stalking the caves. He is tall, lanky, thin, and a pure white. He blends into the snow until you see the blue of his iris.” He sets the lantern back down. “I’m heading up the mountain myself to grab me some of the rarest berries in all the north to make the finest pie. You can come with if you’d like… just… don’t be too loud.”

His tentacle retracts, grabbing the weapon, hissing. “My precious, my treasure.” It holds it close, going back into the cornucopia pile. Disappearing as a black oozing goop. “Greedy boy touches you… never again.” It almost whimpers, crying in the pile, it sinking down over it again. 

Kaza stares. "Im sorry, what? why are you in the arena though?" He glances around. "it makes no sense." He holds his knife, hidden away but ready.

ew...

aaaaaaaaah there are so many people

Sharpo tries to run up and grab a pack from the scattered cornucopia stuff. Then he tuns toward the forest.

6 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza stares. "Im sorry, what? why are you in the arena though?" He glances around. "it makes no sense." He holds his knife, hidden away but ready.

“Oh I’m not the only one. There’s tens of us, maybe a hundred? You must be new around here, I’ve been here for a few years. Most of us have. Trapped here for a long time from years and years ago. I got here as a young boy.” He looks early 30’s.  “Only recently have the monsters arrived though… it’s strange. I haven’t seen the outside world in…” he trails off. “What’s changed since we were put here? I’ve lost track of time, but I heard there is rumor you all aren’t brethren.” He smiles a little. “You don’t look district born, not that I know.” He seems eager to learn, if what he says is true, he was thrown in here nearly twenty years ago, when they were building arenas ahead of time. 

5 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Sharpo tries to run up and grab a pack from the scattered cornucopia stuff. Then he tuns toward the forest.

(See Page 1 descriptions of the forest, please note you can go east, west, south, or north as well. You are currently going west)

“Oh I’m not the only one. There’s tens of us, maybe a hundred? You must be new around here, I’ve been here for a few years. Most of us have. Trapped here for a long time from years and years ago. I got here as a young boy.” He looks early 30’s.  “Only recently have the monsters arrived though… it’s strange. I haven’t seen the outside world in…” he trails off. “What’s changed since we were put here? I’ve lost track of time, but I heard there is rumor you all aren’t brethren.” He smiles a little. “You don’t look district born, not that I know.” He seems eager to learn, if what he says is true, he was thrown in here nearly twenty years ago, when they were building arenas ahead of time. 

(See Page 1 descriptions of the forest, please note you can go east, west, south, or north as well. You are currently going west)

Kaza does a double take. "Im sorry, what? oh, and im a halfy."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza does a double take. "Im sorry, what? oh, and im a halfy."

“Oh you will never be accepted among my people.” He hums, looking out at the snow. “Out in the far east, we’ve settled there. Very few of us ever leave, too many scared people. Cowards.” He sighs. “There used to be a few hundred of us. Died off when the monsters arrived a few months ago. I lost my younger sister…” he goes silent, just the clink of the reigns, 

“Oh you will never be accepted among my people.” He hums, looking out at the snow. “Out in the far east, we’ve settled there. Very few of us ever leave, too many scared people. Cowards.” He sighs. “There used to be a few hundred of us. Died off when the monsters arrived a few months ago. I lost my younger sister…” he goes silent, just the clink of the reigns, 

Kaza looks down, sad. "i- im sorry man. i had something similar happen to me. doesnt really matter that much anyways but whatever." he looks up. "What if i slay the beasts?"

1 minute ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He continues in that direction, and then stops in a hiding place to look through his bag.

6 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

adonis climbs up a near by tree before tieing himself in.

wanna team up? I think we're in the same general area

24 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza looks down, sad. "i- im sorry man. i had something similar happen to me. doesnt really matter that much anyways but whatever." he looks up. "What if i slay the beasts?"

He looks over at him. “Oh that would be incredible. But… there are… 5 of them… no man has ever lived to see all five, hardly ever seen more than one myself.” He says quietly. “It would be a dangerous mission, surely not worth trying. Your life would be lost before you got to the third certainly. You are a young lad, we’ve sent out tens of men and few ever returned.”

He looks over at him. “Oh that would be incredible. But… there are… 5 of them… no man has ever lived to see all five, hardly ever seen more than one myself.” He says quietly. “It would be a dangerous mission, surely not worth trying. Your life would be lost before you got to the third certainly. You are a young lad, we’ve sent out tens of men and few ever returned.”

"Thats a risk im willing to take. if im to win these games, im gonna have to be ruthless." he sighs. "And if i die, so be it."

6 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Thats a risk im willing to take. if im to win these games, im gonna have to be ruthless." he sighs. "And if i die, so be it."

He just goes silent. “You do as you please.” The horse neighs slightly and slows down, the man looks over and pats her. “Go on girl, keep going.” It’s getting colder the farther you travel up. He looks back over at them once the horse starts going again. “I’m Volden. Most call me Vod though.” He holds out his gloved hand, thick with leather and wool. 

Edited by SmilingPanda19

He just goes silent. “You do as you please.” The horse neighs slightly and slows down, the man looks over and pats her. “Go on girl, keep going.” It’s getting colder the farther you travel up. He looks back over at them once the horse starts going again. “I’m Volden. Most call me Vod though.” He holds out his gloved hand, thick with and wool. 

He takes it. "Kaza. May not recognize me, but you might recognize my brother, Ayck."

1 hour ago, Lord Spirit said:

"I'm Del. We're more likely to survive if we work together." She says, walking towards the sound of his voice. 

"Uh huh yeah sure, you can call me Mark" He also walks to the voice.

1 hour ago, Little j said:

Zach throws a stick at the man but misses horribly.

Thats a strange ping, was that meant for me?

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He takes it. "Kaza. May not recognize me, but you might recognize my brother, Ayck."

He sighs. “Never heard of them. Haven’t left this… prison in so many years…” He adjusts his glove. “You have a brother hmm? I had my little sister and I. Of course I have my girlfriend, she’s afraid of me coming up into the mountains, but she didn’t fall for a coward.” He laughs a little, a hearty laugh. “I’m from district 10, has anything happened there? The rest of my family is still there.”

2 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Overcoming his initial fright, he walks slowly back towards the cornucopia. He sees a girl getting attacked by something. Warily, he drops his pack and dashes forward, making sure to stay out of any other tributes ways. He grabbed the nearest weapon and hacked at the tentacle along side the girl.

Jane was too tired to thank him, and too suspicious to say anything more.

1 hour ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

It cuts, squirming a little before shriveling. The rest of it sinks back into the pile. Suddenly the pile moves, a giant creature starting to come out. You see a multicolored glow from its eyes, the Roman numeral 5 in place of its pupil. Stuff falls off of it. It looks angry. 

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Aaron pulled the girl to her feet. “We’ve got to go! Please don’t kill me.” He started running, pulling her along if he needed to. @Lotus Blossom

She took his hand and jumped to her feet, instantly regretting the weight she put on her ankle. Grabbing everything she had initially taken, she shoved it into her pack and ran, holding the boy's hand while gritting her teeth to ignore the pain in her ankle. She stumbled into the forest.

Sorry I was AFK!!

He sighs. “Never heard of them. Haven’t left this… prison in so many years…” He adjusts his glove. “You have a brother hmm? I had my little sister and I. Of course I have my girlfriend, she’s afraid of me coming up into the mountains, but she didn’t fall for a coward.” He laughs a little, a hearty laugh. “I’m from district 10, has anything happened there? The rest of my family is still there.”

Kaza sighs. "Yeah, youve been reallllyyyy out of the loop. a rebellion took over. they shoved a bunch of capitol kids into the games for some reason. since im, you know, a halfy, im stuck into the games. Also, there are four districts now, named after some hunger games suicides."

The giant beast glares at him, Aaron might recognize his voice and his eyes… it’s as if…. Is that Goose?

It moves towards them, its tentacles reaching out for them. Four at Aaron, two at @Lotus Blossom. “Greedy boy, angering me.” It hisses.

"Damn it." Jane muttered, holding out the knife.

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He runs away, going back to the south. "Alright, that was a bad idea."

It seems as if you run forever, but when you turn around you are in the same space. You see the swish of a horses tail up ahead. You must continue north or the temperatures will drop. 

"Let's go. Now."

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“What did they do to you?” Aaron whispered, trying to outrun  the tentacles.

"Might be my bad."

It pulls him onto his stomach, dragging him towards him. “Greedy greedy, give it back.” @Lotus Blossom

Jane looked towards the horses and then back at the boy. Quickly, after little hesitation, she slashed at the creature.

3 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

She took his hand and jumped to her feet, instantly regretting the weight she put on her ankle. Grabbing everything she had initially taken, she shoved it into her pack and ran, holding the boy's hand while gritting her teeth to ignore the pain in her ankle. She stumbled into the forest.

You’re good, do you mind if they go to the hills instead, that’s where Aaron would head.

Jane Cora stood in shock, staring at the creature retreating back.

She handed him one of her knives.

"Well that happened."

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

You’re good, do you mind if they go to the hills instead, that’s where Aaron would head.

sure!

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Well that happened."

He has an axe now, he managed to grab it on his way out.

“It did. Are you going to kill me now?”

8 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Well that happened."

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“It did. Are you going to kill me now?”

They head towards the hills, in the east. In the distance there’s some clattering and noise, but they seem safe. They should probably head farther east.

12 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza sighs. "Yeah, youve been reallllyyyy out of the loop. a rebellion took over. they shoved a bunch of capitol kids into the games for some reason. since im, you know, a halfy, im stuck into the games. Also, there are four districts now, named after some hunger games suicides."

“Why… didn’t my people come save us?” He says quietly, a brokenness in his voice. “They just…kept us here for the next games with the capitol children…”