Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“I’m really sorry about your sister,” he said solemnly. “I don’t have anyone…that’s why you have to be the one to win.” 

"It's okay. I killed her."

She stopped, afraid she had misspoken.

"Accidentally. Accidenta- It was an accident. I promise. I'm not- I'm not a murderer or anything, it-"

She pressed her nails into her palm.

"But. I don't know. I didn't come into this wanting to win. I don't see why..."

She ran a hand through her hair.

"There are just so many more people. Who want it more. Who deserve it more. You know?"

5 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

There’s a big pile of stuff. Nobody else is near. The pile shifts, a tentacle reaches out, grabs some grass and pulls back in. A crunch sounds. 

Alari, after a few moments hesitation runs at the pile. He tries to grab something, anything, and run out as fast as possible.

55 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"It's okay. I killed her."

She stopped, afraid she had misspoken.

"Accidentally. Accidenta- It was an accident. I promise. I'm not- I'm not a murderer or anything, it-"

She pressed her nails into her palm.

"But. I don't know. I didn't come into this wanting to win. I don't see why..."

She ran a hand through her hair.

"There are just so many more people. Who want it more. Who deserve it more. You know?"

Aaron was silent for a moment. “I think you should win. You seem like a good person, you do deserve it, as much or more than anyone else.” He didn’t mention her sister, he didn’t know what to say about that.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Aaron was silent for a moment. “I think you should win. You seem like a good person, you do deserve it, as much or more than anyone else.” He didn’t mention her sister, he didn’t know what to say about that.

Jane merely nodded, her mind elsewhere.

"I wish the world didn't have to be like this."

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"I wish there was a way either of us could survive this."

“You can survive this, I know you can,” Aaron said, turning to look at her. He only saw an empty tunnel. “Jane? Where’d you go?”

His talent engaged, making him be away from where Jane needed him.

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"I- Thank you."

Jane followed him inside the tunnel.

Her pack had ink, a quill, and antiquated paper.

What would she write about, she wondered.

What could she write about?

Her hand made a fist in her pocket. She wished she could get out. She needed to get out. But she needed to bring people with her. People like Aaron. Good people. She couldn't kill everyone. Could she?

She closed her eyes briefly and cleared her mind. Then, making sure she didn't fall behind, she caught up with Aaron, walking deeper into the tunnel.

@Edema Rue

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Who do you have, back at home, waiting for you?” Aaron asked, trying to make conversation. 

As they walk, a few things become clear. First, this tunnel (though rough) was clearly made by people. On the floor there are...train tracks? But they're too small, and the tunnel is much too short for a train. The other is that it's sloping downward. Steeply.

41 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

xD yeah sorry, you can assume they're in a box.

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Ah...I'm going to say longer our time, since in game it really hasn't been very long. So...At least another few hours?

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“You can survive this, I know you can,” Aaron said, turning to look at her. He only saw an empty tunnel. “Jane? Where’d you go?”

Suddenly, Aaron disappeared.

"Oh no. Oh come on."

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

As they walk, a few things become clear. First, this tunnel (though rough) was clearly made by people. On the floor there are...train tracks? But they're too small, and the tunnel is much too short for a train. The other is that it's sloping downward. Steeply.

48 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

"Okay. Train tracks."

Jane almost lost balance. She walked slowly, tracing her path along that of the tracks.

Oh.

Oh.

This tunnel wouldn't fit a train, but it would fit a cart. A mining cart.

Was she walking towards a mine?
There certainly were no animals near, not even bats, or else they would've been attracted already.

Well, if she could walk to the mine perhaps there would be jewels, water, or resources.

It would only go deeper now. Cooler. Closer to a water source. Perhaps a food source.

It didn't matter, but this was her only viable option.

She also had to find Aaron again, and this was probably what Aaron would do too.

She hoped.

Jane set off, going down the track where she suspected a cart may have once been.

2 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Oh no. Oh come on."

Question for gamemakers, is it a tunnel network or just one long tunnel?

Aaron looked around, trying to find any indication of where he’d left Jane. Stupid talents.

@Edema Rue

6 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Oh no. Oh come on."

"Okay. Train tracks."

Jane almost lost balance. She walked slowly, tracing her path along that of the tracks.

Oh.

Oh.

This tunnel wouldn't fit a train, but it would fit a cart. A mining cart.

Was she walking towards a mine?
There certainly were no animals near, not even bats, or else they would've been attracted already.

Well, if she could walk to the mine perhaps there would be jewels, water, or resources.

It would only go deeper now. Cooler. Closer to a water source. Perhaps a food source.

It didn't matter, but this was her only viable option.

She also had to find Aaron again, and this was probably what Aaron would do too.

She hoped.

Jane set off, going down the track where she suspected a cart may have once been.

It's dark enough that without the tracks to follow, she would have crashed into the wall more than once. Occasionally, she feels a breeze coming from the side, rather than front or back. Several times, the tracks split off. There are dozens of tunnels. It's almost like...a maze. A labyrinth. The only question is if this one has a monster at the center.

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Aaron looked around, trying to find any indication of where he’d left Jane. Stupid talents.

@Edema Rue

It's a tunnel network, and your talent is now my favorite because it means that you're both wandering, alone, through an underground maze of tunnels with no light, unless your pack is open.

There's no sign of her, only darkness and tunnel.

7 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

It's dark enough that without the tracks to follow, she would have crashed into the wall more than once. Occasionally, she feels a breeze coming from the side, rather than front or back. Several times, the tracks split off. There are dozens of tunnels. It's almost like...a maze. A labyrinth. The only question is if this one has a monster at the center.

There's no sign of her, only darkness and tunnel.

Aaron walked in whatever way way was downhill, hoping to find the old path or Jane.

6 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

“Sure.” He helps put on his shoe when suddenly the cart jerks. He looks up… the horse whines. “What’s the matta girl?” He say quietly, patting her. He looks around. There’s a few bushes by the edge if the cliff, they have the berries ion them. “Good girl.” He smiles, sliding off the side of the cart. His boots hit the snow with a crunch. “I’ll be just a moment and then we can head back to the village.” 

He sleeps peacefully as the world sways around him. Suddenly he feels a light sucking at his arm, down he looks to see eight leeches the size of his hand sucking on him. How they got here is unknown. 

The feather is big and long, a slight baby blue mix with a white. It’s huge, big as your forearm. 

You can see someone has head north, a few south, many east and west. 

There’s a big pile of stuff. Nobody else is near. The pile shifts, a tentacle reaches out, grabs some grass and pulls back in. A crunch sounds. 

Kialk saw them and jumped up immediately. He began to shake as much as he could to fling them off.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

11 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

"Oh, screw it. I should've climbed up."

But she had followed the tracks. Maybe...

It wasn't like she had much to lose. She didn't have much of a choice, either.

She turned around, and carefully followed the tracks back where she had come from.

9 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Aaron walked in whatever way way was downhill, hoping to find the old path or Jane.

Soon, though, he ran smack into a wall of collapsed stone. A cave in. 

5 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Oh, screw it. I should've climbed up."

But she had followed the tracks. Maybe...

It wasn't like she had much to lose. She didn't have much of a choice, either.

She turned around, and carefully followed the tracks back where she had come from.

The path seemed to be twisting more now than it had before...was that just her imagination?

11 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The path seemed to be twisting more now than it had before...was that just her imagination?

"Well. Curse the skies, I'm lost. Let's face it."

And the six hour limit was approaching quickly.

Soon, the rest of her family would be dead.

And it would be her fault.

Just like it always was.

A tear slipped down her cheek.

I miss those times.

I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask for any of this.

She searched through her pack, which was quite impossible in the dark, so instead she just felt around for her paper and quill.

Sitting on the cool, damp floor, she began to write.

I write so I don't lose my mind, though what is lost is often more valuable once it is so.

Her quill drifted off her paper, so she started on the next line.

I write so I lose my thoughts, though writing is the only way for me to preserve them and preserving them is the sole purpose of writing.

She took a staggered breath, and wiped a stray tear.

I write so I can ignore the past, though the past is the the only steadiness in life when standing in front of the future, and those who cling to the present are the only ones who may stand behind the future, and so I must write.

She closed her eyes, the darkness was no different.

I write so I can embrace myself, though I do so blindly, without knowing who it is I embrace and the scars I may earn.

I write so I can love the simple, the natural, the unknown, the sunrise, and the sunset, the sound of water or the sound of the last leaf upon an autumn's palette, or the laughter of

Her hand hesitated here. She stopped. After a moment, she set the paper back into her pouch, and took Aaron's water from her pocket. She drank just a little, and stayed there, on the cold ground, for just a few moments longer.

Would a creature appear? It was such an empty cavern. Such a lonesome Labyrinth.

The least she could do was give it some company.

Edited by Lotus Blossom

4 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Just like it always was.

I miss those times.

She searched through her pack, which was quite impossible in the dark, so instead she just felt around for her paper and quill.

I write so I don't lose my mind, though what is lost is often more valuable once it is so.

I write so I lose my thoughts, though writing is the only way for me to preserve them and preserving them is the sole purpose of writing.

I write so I can ignore the past, though the past is the the only steadiness in life when standing in front of the future, and those who cling to the present are the only ones who may stand behind the future, and so I must write.

I write so I can embrace myself, though I do so blindly, without knowing who it is I embrace and the scars I may earn.

I write so I can love the simple, the natural, the unknown, the sunrise, and the sunset, the sound of water or the sound of the last leaf upon an autumn's palette, or the laughter of

Her hand hesitated here. She stopped. After a moment, she set the paper back into her pouch, and took Aaron's water from her pocket. She drank just a little, and stayed there, on the cold ground, for just a few moments longer.

Would a creature appear? It was such an empty cavern. Such a lonesome Labyrinth.

Very nice very nice

Home, District Orodain

Douglas lay sleeping in the small straw bed, that he shared with the rest of his family. His brother snored to his left, the sound betraying the small frame in which it came from, and his mother on his far left, her mouth making small sounds as she breathed evenly and shallowly as she slept. 

His family were the lucky ones, some others did not even have a mattress to sleep on. A lot of people still slept on the ground. The house that they lived in was better than most as well, as his father had been a carpenter, and wood was in plentiful supply, if you looked in the right places. 

Trying to quietly slip out of bed, he padded bare foot towards the door of the house. Lifting it, and slowly easing it backwards, allowing a chilly night air to pass through the building, making his brother and mother shiver. Before he quietly slips out into the night. 

Currently, HG Arena

Douglas threw down his fire starter in disgust, he had been trying to light a small fire, so he could harden the tip of his makeshift spear, and have some warmth and light, to beat back the coldness of the northern part of the arena. 

The blanket that had been in the backpack, was slung around his shoulders, in an attempt to keep himself warm. Why did I never learn how to start a fire properly he thinks to himself, grabbing the "firestarter" which in reality was a stick with shoelaces tied like a bow. Setting the firestarter into the nook of the wood, he spins it, greatly increasing the speed. He sees a soft glow of light, and he suppresses a yell of excitement. He had done it. He grabbed the small pile of tinder nearby, and carefully put the ember in it, and within minutes, he had a small fire. 

"Let's see if there is anything in this book" @SmilingPanda19@Invisible@Edema Rue, he mutters to himself, as he sets the spear hardening. 

3 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Del dodges the object in the mist. she was annoyed at the gamemakers and herself. She had thought that getting an ally would help her, but instead, now she had to kill someone. At least I don't know him very well, she consoled herself as she pulled out her knife. @Argenti

Missed this! sorry

Mark gets very quiet and starts to slowly walk around her, trying his best to remain unseen.

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

okay, I'd be happy to duel @RoyalBeeMage now that we have to, but it appears we might be in different time zones which makes things complicated. (They talked about going to bed soon, and I just got up a few hours ago) So, I'm not sure if we can fight in 6 hours? what do you guys think we should do?

i just woke up now if you want to fight now. yeah this hunger games is a lot harder than i thought being in a difrent time zone. 

adonis finds someone through the trees. he grabs a spear and slowly walks towards them. @justice magician

26 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Just like it always was.

I miss those times.

Slowly, the tunnel gets louder, fills with the noises of life. Beatles, worms, and rats creep out from hidden cracks and crevices. Then there's a set of thunderous footsteps, @Weaver of Lights can also hear them, and the critters scamper off.

20 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Home, District Orodain

Douglas lay sleeping in the small straw bed, that he shared with the rest of his family. His brother snored to his left, the sound betraying the small frame in which it came from, and his mother on his far left, her mouth making small sounds as she breathed evenly and shallowly as she slept. 

His family were the lucky ones, some others did not even have a mattress to sleep on. A lot of people still slept on the ground. The house that they lived in was better than most as well, as his father had been a carpenter, and wood was in plentiful supply, if you looked in the right places. 

Trying to quietly slip out of bed, he padded bare foot towards the door of the house. Lifting it, and slowly easing it backwards, allowing a chilly night air to pass through the building, making his brother and mother shiver. Before he quietly slips out into the night. 

Currently, HG Arena

Douglas threw down his fire starter in disgust, he had been trying to light a small fire, so he could harden the tip of his makeshift spear, and have some warmth and light, to beat back the coldness of the northern part of the arena. 

The blanket that had been in the backpack, was slung around his shoulders, in an attempt to keep himself warm. Why did I never learn how to start a fire properly he thinks to himself, grabbing the "firestarter" which in reality was a stick with shoelaces tied like a bow. Setting the firestarter into the nook of the wood, he spins it, greatly increasing the speed. He sees a soft glow of light, and he suppresses a yell of excitement. He had done it. He grabbed the small pile of tinder nearby, and carefully put the ember in it, and within minutes, he had a small fire. 

"Let's see if there is anything in this book" @SmilingPanda19@Invisible@Edema Rue, he mutters to himself, as he sets the spear hardening. 

Did...did we give you a book?

@SmilingPanda19

15 minutes ago, ..... said:

Now that it's night rob gets out of the shade of his rock and starts walking up the mountain, hoping to make it to the top before the night is over. 

It's cooler with the sun gone, but still strangely warm. As he climbs, it gets warmer...and warmer...until suddenly, it's too hot for him to climb any higher. Even the air feels hot enough to blister his face.