Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Abruptly, the released him. “Don’t hurt us,” a tiny voice whimpered. 

"Of course not." He stumbled a little, but found his footing. He studied the inside of the cell. "Who are you?"

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

"Of course not." He stumbled a little, but found his footing. He studied the inside of the cell. "Who are you?"

About half a dozen children between the ages of 2 and 6 were stood there. They were all faintly transparent blue, and painfully thin. Most had a single bandage around their left arms. One of the younger ones was crying. The ones closer to the bars started to back up. “Sorry,” tiny voices echoed. “Sorry sorry sorry.”

7 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

About half a dozen children between the ages of 2 and 6 were stood there. They were all faintly transparent blue, and painfully thin. Most had a single bandage around their left arms. One of the younger ones was crying. The ones closer to the bars started to back up. “Sorry,” tiny voices echoed. “Sorry sorry sorry.”

"It's okay . . . how did you get in there?"

Is Sharpo still chained up?

Edited by justice magician

Just now, justice magician said:

"It's okay . . . how did you get in there?"

The children look at each other. One of them cocks his head. “We are district,” he says, as if this explains everything. 

Just now, Edema Rue said:

The children look at each other. One of them cocks his head. “We are district,” he says, as if this explains everything. 

"Are you from before the rebellion? The grown ups say that the district people had it hard in the past."

4 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Are you from before the rebellion? The grown ups say that the district people had it hard in the past."

The children whimper louder on the word rebellion. “Shhh…”

33 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Any of it would be better. I just wish Aspen wasn't so far away."

And Delilah?

If only she was far enough.

“It’s better my family be where they are than here.”

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

The children whimper louder on the word rebellion. “Shhh…”

"Hey, don't worry, it's gonna be okay. Will you tell me why your here?"

Is Sharpo still chained up??

8 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Hey, don't worry, it's gonna be okay. Will you tell me why your here?"

Yeah, but only one ankle.

“We are district,” the boy repeated, the others nodding emphatically.

“We are district,” the boy repeated, the others nodding emphatically.

"So you put in here because of that? That sucks." He looks around. "Do you have any idea how to get rid of this?" He points to his ankle.

5 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"So you put in here because of that? That sucks." He looks around. "Do you have any idea how to get rid of this?" He points to his ankle.

The children look at each other, then back up further…all but one of them. The same girl from before. She’s holding the end of the chain.

The children look at each other, then back up further…all but one of them. The same girl from before. She’s holding the end of the chain.

"Oh! Will you let me go please? If I can explore this place I might find a way to help you!"

8 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Oh! Will you let me go please? If I can explore this place I might find a way to help you!"

The girl giggled, walking forward and through the bars. “You already killed us,” she says, smiling even as her eyes are blank and dead. 

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The girl giggled, walking forward and through the bars. “You already killed us,” she says, smiling even as her eyes are blank and dead. 

"No I didn't . . . I haven't killed anyone!"

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"No I didn't . . . I haven't killed anyone!"

“You killed us,” the girl repeats, and suddenly the corridor lights up with a strange and powerful blue light, every cell easily visible…and there are more ghosts. Each cell holds between half a dozen and a dozen children…there have to be hundreds in total. In the space between them there are adults who stare at the children cruelly.

Edited by Edema Rue

6 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“It’s better my family be where they are than here.”

"I thought the same when I heard about Pheonix and Hestia's-"

She stopped herself.

"I just can't help but worry about Aspen. It's been so long, and we can't even talk to them, and he's all alone with my mother and my father and Delilah and four of his siblings are gone now so he has no protection and he's just my age and it's so dangerous with them and I don't even know if he's still-" She paused again, took a breath, then finished, "Yeah. I don't know. I guess it's better for them to be in the capital. Safer. Maybe. Than here. Predestined death. Yeah. I think you're right. Maybe."

"Hopefully." She corrected.

10 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"I thought the same when I heard about Pheonix and Hestia's-"

She stopped herself.

"I just can't help but worry about Aspen. It's been so long, and we can't even talk to them, and he's all alone with my mother and my father and Delilah and four of his siblings are gone now so he has no protection and he's just my age and it's so dangerous with them and I don't even know if he's still-" She paused again, took a breath, then finished, "Yeah. I don't know. I guess it's better for them to be in the capital. Safer. Maybe. Than here. Predestined death. Yeah. I think you're right. Maybe."

"Hopefully." She corrected.

He reached out with his good arm, touching her arm. “We don’t need to worry about that right now. Focus on the games, then find your family when you’re done.”

57 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

He reached out with his good arm, touching her arm. “We don’t need to worry about that right now. Focus on the games, then find your family when you’re done.”

"Done with what?" Jane said, with an exasperated raised tone. Tears formed in her eyes. She was tired of constantly instilling false hope into her mind. "Done with the games? Done with being killed? With killing everyone else? Done with killing each other? We won't ever be done, Aaron. Can't you see? We're all going to die or be the winner. And whose to say the winner lives? How many people do you know who have actually won the Hunger Games? We won't even know- we'll be dead by then. But the winner? The winner doesn't win anything. There's nothing left for us in this life. So I might as well go on worrying about people who have a chance at living past this. People that we've left behind. Like Aspen."

Jane crouched back down.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lose it."

She exhaled slowly.

"It's just. This whole game. It's driving me to paranoia. Slowly, at first. Then spiraling uncontrollably. I can't help but think that our chances for survival keep shrinking, and no one's looking out for us. We need to either step up or be stepped upon by someone else."

She looked at him.

"And I don't think I'm ready for either."

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Done with what?" Jane said, with an exasperated raised tone. Tears formed in her eyes. She was tired of constantly instilling false hope into her mind. "Done with the games? Done with being killed? With killing everyone else? Done with killing each other? We won't ever be done, Aaron. Can't you see? We're all going to die or be the winner. And whose to say the winner lives? How many people do you know who have actually won the Hunger Games? We won't even know- we'll be dead by then. But the winner? The winner doesn't win anything. There's nothing left for us in this life. So I might as well go on worrying about people who have a chance at living past this. People that we've left behind. Like Aspen."

Jane crouched back down.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lose it."

She exhaled slowly.

"It's just. This whole game. It's driving me to paranoia. Slowly, at first. Then spiraling uncontrollably. I can't help but think that our chances for survival keep shrinking, and no one's looking out for us. We need to either step up or be stepped upon by someone else."

She looked at him.

"And I don't think I'm ready for either."

He looked her dead in the eye. “I am. I can make it so you win while neither killing or being killed, stepping up or being stepped on. You will see your family again. I’m the one looking out for you.”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

He looked her dead in the eye. “I am. I can make it so you win while neither killing or being killed, stepping up or being stepped on. You will see your family again. I’m the one looking out for you.”

Jane stood up slowly, while shaking her head and saying "No."

"No, thank you though, Aaron. That's awful kind of you to offer."

She brushed herself off.

"But if I want to last long enough, it'll have to be a game. I'm pretty good at games- we can set some bets. Not expecting to live, of course. Just... last. But I'll need to kill. To get any further than I have, I'll need to kill. I'll need to use cold-blooded murder as my own weapon to defend myself, and maybe that's why I was chosen. To learn how to stick up for myself. Independence. I believe in destiny, y'know? It's all there." She gestured to the sky, "In the stars- in fate. I guess that kind of thinking makes one less fortunate feel better. Right? It does feel better, thinking there's some divine force out there, laying out your destiny. It makes the choices and decisions you face feel less... difficult. And besides," Jane shrugged, "I always wanted to get better with knives."

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane stood up slowly, while shaking her head and saying "No."

"No, thank you though, Aaron. That's awful kind of you to offer."

She brushed herself off.

"But if I want to last long enough, it'll have to be a game. I'm pretty good at games- we can set some bets. Not expecting to live, of course. Just... last. But I'll need to kill. To get any further than I have, I'll need to kill. I'll need to use cold-blooded murder as my own weapon to defend myself, and maybe that's why I was chosen. To learn how to stick up for myself. Independence. I believe in destiny, y'know? It's all there." She gestured to the sky, "In the stars- in fate. I guess that kind of thinking makes one less fortunate feel better. Right? It does feel better, thinking there's some divine force out there, laying out your destiny. It makes the choices and decisions you face feel less... difficult. And besides," Jane shrugged, "I always wanted to get better with knives."

Aaron grunted and struggled to his feet, wobbling slightly. “I’ll be here with you then. “You’ll be the best at this game. You will win.

16 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Her smile was frozen on her face. “Time for lunch, Adim.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him along a a corridor that must have been beautiful, once. Rugs of unmatched beauty were torn to shreds…masterful statues were crumbling to piles of rock…a strange blue glow came from cracks in the walls, the floors, everywhere. Other ghosts bustled about, all adults. 

Kaza attempts to follow and goes the wrong way... the way he wants to go. "Im not adim, nor will I ever be..."

@Edema Rue

17 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza attempts to follow and goes the wrong way... the way he wants to go. "Im not adim, nor will I ever be..."

@Edema Rue

Luckily, the woman is holding him tight enough that he can't stray. She doesn't respond, just goes on chattering about lunch and how he can't be going down to the cells until she finally opens a door. "Are you hungry?"

Luckily, the woman is holding him tight enough that he can't stray. She doesn't respond, just goes on chattering about lunch and how he can't be going down to the cells until she finally opens a door. "Are you hungry?"

Kaza shakes. "sure, but im not Adim, my name is kaza."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza shakes. "sure, but im not Adim, my name is kaza."

The woman cuts him off before he can finish, as if all she needed was "sure". On the other side of the door is a small kitchen...there's a strange sense that makes Kaza feel vaguely nauseous. The room is clearly decayed and dusty...but its former glory is outlined in blue. Intricate blue curtains hang over a moth-eaten scrap of fabric that may have once covered a window. A table appears barely able to stand...but the blue shows a table polished to a shine. There is no food...but in blue, a faintly transparent feast is spread across the counter.