Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

Why are they looking around?, Is that my talent working on them. They have never worked this way. He glances at them, and hears whispering coming from outside. "Someone is out there" he whispers to the others

Someone is fine to go ahead and attack me. I need to die soonish.

10 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Why are they looking around?, Is that my talent working on them. They have never worked this way. He glances at them, and hears whispering coming from outside. "Someone is out there" he whispers to the others

adonis turned his eyes to his prisoner. "whats your talent?" he said asking them.

Home, District Orodain

Douglas trudged home, after a long day of working for the rich family that he had scored work for. What a stroke of luck. He had been hired to do some yard work, but after they had found out about his talent, he had been used for something else... spying. I would normally hate doing such work, but ... money is money. He tries to convince himself. But he knows that isn't true. 

He did like doing the work, it provided excitement, but more importantly it paid him well. He glanced at the full wallet that he had. Maybe I can look after us properly now... He thinks to himself, before walking back into the house.

HG Arena

"My talent is making things more prevalent, both senses, and feelings." Douglas replies, worried about the tone of the other person. Maybe it is time to get out of here. He starts to turn.

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

4 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Have you forgotten what they’ve done to us?”

The man looks confused, and they (though they are also faintly blue and transparent) go right through it. The girl giggles louder. 

"... yes? kind of?"

17 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Have you forgotten what they’ve done to us?”

The man looks confused, and they (though they are also faintly blue and transparent) go right through it. The girl giggles louder. 

"Dangit," Sharpo mumbles. 

"Oh ummm," He turns to the man, "I thought I saw a rat! That's disgusting you people need to do better."

After thinking for a minute he added, "Go get rid of it, would you?"

12 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"... yes? kind of?"

The woman sighs, wiping her hands on her apron and pulling a picture book off a shelf. "Come here, dearest."

7 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Dangit," Sharpo mumbles. 

"Oh ummm," He turns to the man, "I thought I saw a rat! That's disgusting you people need to do better."

After thinking for a minute he added, "Go get rid of it, would you?"

The man nods, sneering at the cell closest to Sharpo. "All the vermin live together here, but we should have been more prepared for your coming."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

The woman sighs, wiping her hands on her apron and pulling a picture book off a shelf. "Come here, dearest."

The man nods, sneering at the cell closest to Sharpo. "All the vermin live together here, but we should have been more prepared for your coming."

As he leaves, Sharpo moves close to the bars and the girl. "If you undo the chain, I'll help you escape," He says in a low whisper. 

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

As he leaves, Sharpo moves close to the bars and the girl. "If you undo the chain, I'll help you escape," He says in a low whisper. 

She giggled louder. "It's too late for that," she murmured, floating through the bars and out of the cell. "We're already dead."

She giggled louder. "It's too late for that," she murmured, floating through the bars and out of the cell. "We're already dead."

"Surely, you would like to rest peacefully."

11 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Kaza snuggles up. "Ok"

@Edema Rue

37 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Surely, you would like to rest peacefully."

“They have taken our rest,” the girl hissed. “You have taken our rest.”

31 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza snuggles up. "Ok"

@Edema Rue

She strokes his hair, though her hands are cool and slick as ice. Opening the book, there’s a picture of many small cartoon people holding swords. “Once upon a time, the districts attacked us,” she reads. 

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“They have taken our rest,” the girl hissed. “You have taken our rest.”

She strokes his hair, though her hands are cool and slick as ice. Opening the book, there’s a picture of many small cartoon people holding swords. “Once upon a time, the districts attacked us,” she reads. 

Kaza silently rolls his eyes. 

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza silently rolls his eyes. 

She flips a page. “There was a terrible, terrible war.” Crudely drawn stick figures attack beautiful drawings. “Many people were killed.” She looks up from the book. “And you know all about what happened to your granddaddy.”

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

She flips a page. “There was a terrible, terrible war.” Crudely drawn stick figures attack beautiful drawings. “Many people were killed.” She looks up from the book. “And you know all about what happened to your granddaddy.”

Kaza shakes his head. "Sorry. Its been so long, i can hardly remember..."

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza shakes his head. "Sorry. Its been so long, i can hardly remember..."

She laughs. “It’s okay, my boy. You’re so young, I forget sometimes…in the war, they attacked your father and his parents. Your father was only a few years older than you are now…he hid, and they were so stupid that they didn’t find him. Which is wonderful, mind you, a blessing. But your grandfather…” she looks down. “If only they’d just killed him.”

She laughs. “It’s okay, my boy. You’re so young, I forget sometimes…in the war, they attacked your father and his parents. Your father was only a few years older than you are now…he hid, and they were so stupid that they didn’t find him. Which is wonderful, mind you, a blessing. But your grandfather…” she looks down. “If only they’d just killed him.”

Kaza sucks a breath in. "What- what happened to him..." Oh god... no no no no... history has repeated itself. oh god in hell...

@Edema Rue

18 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza sucks a breath in. "What- what happened to him..." Oh god... no no no no... history has repeated itself. oh god in hell...

@Edema Rue

“They ate him,” she said coolly. “Bit by bit by bit, keeping him alive so they wouldn’t need to store the meat.

“They ate him,” she said coolly. “Bit by bit by bit, keeping him alive so they wouldn’t need to store the meat.

Kaza stared in shock. "They what- thats- no-" he feels bile rising in his throat, but pushes it down. "Why would they- are they truly that savage?-" he asked, fearing. No- NO- Did we honestly repeat a horrible history? His breath caught as tears ran down his face.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza stared in shock. "They what- thats- no-" he feels bile rising in his throat, but pushes it down. "Why would they- are they truly that savage?-" he asked, fearing. No- NO- Did we honestly repeat a horrible history? His breath caught as tears ran down his face.

The woman holds him close. “Oh, my boy…my poor boy…it’s such a dark world. This is why our work is so important.”

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The woman holds him close. “Oh, my boy…my poor boy…it’s such a dark world. This is why our work is so important.”

Kaza buries himself downwards. "I- no- god- why-" then he looks up with tears in his eyes. "Why are we punishing the children for the sins of the adults though? They should be killed. They should die. Not their kids. we can fix the kids. maybe kill the ones we cant. but... no. no buts. The adults who started this must die..."

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza buries himself downwards. "I- no- god- why-" then he looks up with tears in his eyes. "Why are we punishing the children for the sins of the adults though? They should be killed. They should die. Not their kids. we can fix the kids. maybe kill the ones we cant. but... no. no buts. The adults who started this must die..."

“There is no worse pain than losing a child,” the woman snapped. “They deserve pain worse than death.”

“There is no worse pain than losing a child,” the woman snapped. “They deserve pain worse than death.”

He stares up in horror. "The kids we can fix. The adults we cannot. Maybe, seeing their kid turn to us would hurt them more than a death... because their own flesh and blood has turned against them"

20 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He stares up in horror. "The kids we can fix. The adults we cannot. Maybe, seeing their kid turn to us would hurt them more than a death... because their own flesh and blood has turned against them"

She smiled fondly. "The kids are doing more good this way, and...well. You're just going to need to trust me on this, all right Adim?"