Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

18 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane choked a little, "I know someone who did."

It was more to herself than anything.

She lowered her gaze, though her soul screamed.

No- I'm not dead- how could I be- I killed them all- just for my life- I killed my sisters- my brother- a four year old girl- how could I be dead if I did that all for them- for myself- for this life!

She had just kept fighting, and fighting, and fighting.

Focused on one goal. One dream.

Killing them. Breaking society.

And freeing herself.

From all of it.

But could it have been?

That as she fought and bled and screamed and killed...

She may have died herself?

Jane instinctively flashed her arm up over her face in defense, but she bit down hard on her lip as the knife seared her forearm, right in the middle of her elbow and her wrist. Though her face and body had been protected, her arm burned with pain that stung farther up her bones.

"We're all already dead. This world. These people." she laughed, though it sounded more like a stifled cry, "It's all dead. And no one can bring it back."

With emphasis on the last word, she threw herself at Kaza, knife aimed at his neck.

Sharpo shoves into her as she lunges for Kaza. He plunges his knife into her side again.

"I'm--I'm alive . . . Sharp'i's alive . . . Kaza's alive," He mumbled to himself.

I'm glad you had fun with your play! Much ado about nothing is one of my favorites lol

Her eyes blackened for a moment, and flashed bright again with the lava of the arena.
She wasn't making it out alive.
None of them were.

Her face cracked, then. She had to keep the façade of the assassin. The twisted person everyone told her she was. As she tried to save the world, they accused her of demons. Each of her siblings blood, on her hands. No, she couldn't break now. She had to keep going. Fighting for herself.

It was almost ironic.

Jane laughed a little, bitterly.

"My only regret is never seeing Aspen’s face when he receives that cursed telegram." she said to herself, using the palm of her hand to wipe blood off her cheek.

Telegram sent from Miss Jane Cora Rae to Mister Aspen Leo Rae:
Thank you for your trust, Aspen. It really helped me as I eliminated the Rae family from the capital. Delilah, as you know, has been murdered, as well as our parents. So who could have hated our siblings so much to have killed them? You would've, if you had the courage to do so. I know you would've. But you're simply too cowardly. You'll never admit it, but we felt the same way, you and I. Someone had to do it. I suppose this is my greatest accomplishment, killing the Rae family. The hunger games will be dangerous. Thrilling. I suppose I'll die, too, isn't that funny? No one will suspect it. Oh don't worry, they won't suspect you, either. Yet before I send this telegram, I would truly like to assure you that your support has been essential to me as I carried out such necessary murders. And now? It seems you’re the only one left.

The poison. It takes a long time for it to go into effect, unfortunately. Almost weeks before the victim truly dies. Rarely used. Never really needed. Except in cases such as this. Here, it was just perfect.

Jane smiled weakly as she clasped her fist around the antidote. Poor Aspen, the doctors just wouldn't get to him quick enough. The telegram will be the last thing her twin reads.

If the world is twisted, the only way to defend yourself is by twisting with it.

This was not how it was supposed to end.

Jane's mind swamped with heat, shame, and frustration.

She had tried so, so hard to fix this world.

Killing all the twisted. Screaming her message in silence.

No one could ever hear her.

She would never be enough.

The society. The world. The games we play. The binds we break, the trust we make- the chains we shake. Everyone aching for everything at stake. Enough of it all. She was tired of these people. These games.

She could never wash the blood of her family off her hands.
Just as much as she could never wash her own.
Why must the world be so twisted?
Why must she fracture a burden no one asked her to bear?

Yet here she stood- Jane Cora Rae- alongside two others, just like her. Young. Injured. Bleeding. They don't even know what they're fighting for. None of us do. We just keep on, every day, fighting the same battles, convincing ourselves that we won. Cracking under guilt, secrets, promises, and pressure. Cracking even though no one told us to. No one cares.

What is it we're fighting for?

Our lives?

Because that's long gone. 

What value has it now?

How do you put a price on darkened souls? Why must we insist on doing so?

Always?

How much are we willing to sacrifice. How much blood are we willing to spill. How long until our sweat and tears drown us in our own tombs?

How long?

That was when Jane Cora Rae realized, sometimes starting fires is easier than putting them out.

2 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Sharpo shoves into her as she lunges for Kaza. He plunges his knife into her side again.

"I'm--I'm alive . . . Sharp'i's alive . . . Kaza's alive," He mumbled to himself.

Jane said nothing as another wave of pain shot up her ribs.

She simply defended herself, tears falling one after another as she fought back, digging her dagger into Sharpo's chest.

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Her eyes blackened for a moment, and flashed bright again with the lava of the arena.
None of them were.

Her face cracked, then. She had to keep the façade of the assassin. The twisted person everyone told her she was. As she tried to save the world, they accused her of demons. Each of her siblings blood, on her hands. No, she couldn't break now. She had to keep going. Fighting for herself.

It was almost ironic.

"My only regret is never seeing Aspen’s face when he receives that cursed telegram." she said to herself, using the palm of her hand to wipe blood off her cheek.

Thank you for your trust, Aspen. It really helped me as I eliminated the Rae family from the capital. Delilah, as you know, has been murdered, as well as our parents. So who could have hated our siblings so much to have killed them? You would've, if you had the courage to do so. I know you would've. But you're simply too cowardly. You'll never admit it, but we felt the same way, you and I. Someone had to do it. I suppose this is my greatest accomplishment, killing the Rae family. The hunger games will be dangerous. Thrilling. I suppose I'll die, too, isn't that funny? No one will suspect it. Oh don't worry, they won't suspect you, either. Yet before I send this telegram, I would truly like to assure you that your support has been essential to me as I carried out such necessary murders. And now? It seems you’re the only one left.

The poison. It takes a long time for it to go into effect, unfortunately. Almost weeks before the victim truly dies. Rarely used. Never really needed. Except in cases such as this. Here, it was just perfect.

Jane smiled weakly as she clasped her fist around the antidote. Poor Aspen, the doctors just wouldn't get to him quick enough. The telegram will be the last thing her twin reads.

If the world is twisted, the only way to defend yourself is by twisting with it.

The society. The world. The games we play. The binds we break, the trust we make- the chains we shake. Everyone aching for everything at stake. Enough of it all. She was tired of these people. These games.

Yet here she stood- Jane Cora Rae- alongside two others, just like her. Young. Injured. Bleeding. They don't even know what they're fighting for. None of us do. We just keep on, every day, fighting the same battles, convincing ourselves that we won. Cracking under guilt, secrets, promises, and pressure. Cracking even though no one told us to. No one cares.

Our lives?

What value has it now?

Always?

How much are we willing to sacrifice. How much blood are we willing to spill. How long until our sweat and tears drown us in our own tombs?

How long?

That was when Jane Cora Rae realized, sometimes starting fires is easier than putting them out.

Kaza's eyes go wide with sorrow. "Sorry, but im winning this one" and he slams his dagger home. 

6 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Chest.

The dagger sliced into her shoulder, and now that Kaza was in front of her (how else would he have stabbed her in the chest), she realized that he was in between her and Po, who was only a few inches away (how else would Jane have stabbed him in the chest), so she slammed into his side, knocking them into each other to lose their balance.

9 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

None of them were.

It was almost ironic.

Our lives?

What value has it now?

Always?

How long?

Jane said nothing as another wave of pain shot up her ribs.

She simply defended herself, tears falling one after another as she fought back, digging her dagger into Sharpo's chest.

Po flinched is she stabbed him. He hoped that this pain would fade into the others . . . that his adrenaline would keep him going but, that didn't seem to be the case.

The new wound seemed to bring it all back to the front of his mind. All the exhaustion and pain he'd been repressing hit him like a brick wall. Everything hurt. Everything.

Po stumbled to the ground gasping. He could barely breath.

2 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

The dagger sliced into her shoulder, and now that Kaza was in front of her (how else would he have stabbed her in the chest), she realized that he was in between her and Po, who was only a few inches away (how else would Jane have stabbed him in the chest), so she slammed into his side, knocking them into each other to lose their balance.

He winced as Kaza fell onto him.

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

Po flinched is she stabbed him. He hoped that this pain would fade into the others . . . that his adrenaline would keep him going but, that didn't seem to be the case.

The new wound seemed to bring it all back to the front of his mind. All the exhaustion and pain he'd been repressing hit him like a brick wall. Everything hurt. Everything.

Kaza fell onto Po, but jumped up. "Should I kill you now, Po?" he whispers. Kaza then turns to Jane, feinting with his fist, only to slam his knife into her kneck.

9 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

3 minutes ago, justice magician said:

The lava is nearly on top of them. In a moment, they'll be standing in it. The air itself is dangerously hot.

10 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza fell onto Po, but jumped up. "Should I kill you now, Po?" he whispers. Kaza then turns to Jane, feinting with his fist, only to slam his knife into her kneck.

He stares up at him, "I . . ."

It was so hot--the heat of his own pains much outweighing that of the lava. His mind felt so sluggish he couldn't think.

Just now, justice magician said:

He stares up at him, "I . . ."

It was so hot--the heat of his own pains much outweighing that of the lava. His mind felt so sluggish he couldn't think.

"I can take jane. She's desperate. if you need to..." tears spring from his eyes. "If you need to die, you wont have to suffer anymore."

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I can take jane. She's desperate. if you need to..." tears spring from his eyes. "If you need to die, you wont have to suffer anymore."

"Mhhhh"

Every thing was going blurry, and his ears were ringing. He barely heard Kaza.

"I . . . Kaza I don't want to die." A few tears ran down his face. "When I--when I came here I thought I could die but you made me want to live . . . I'm scared."

It was getting harder to breath, everything was so unbearable hot.

"I don't want . . ."

9 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Mhhhh"

Every thing was going blurry, and his ears were ringing. He barely heard Kaza.

"I . . . Kaza I don't want to die." A few tears ran down his face. "When I--when I came here I thought I could die but you made me want to live . . . I'm scared."

It was getting harder to breath, everything was so unbearable hot.

"I don't want . . ."

"Ok. I'll get us out of here. i promise. stay alive just a little bit longer, po. please" 

@Lotus Blossom

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Ok. I'll get us out of here. i promise. stay alive just a little bit longer, po. please" 

"But we can't both . . I don't want you to do either," He mumbled, more to himself then anything else. 

He started crying.

"I should . . . I should . . ."

Just now, justice magician said:

"But we can't both . . I don't want you to do either," He mumbled, more to himself then anything else. 

He started crying.

"I should . . . I should . . ."

Kaza growls. "Shut up. Im getting us out of this. out of this together. I promise"

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza growls. "Shut up. Im getting us out of this. out of this together. I promise"

"We can't . . ."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"I DONT CARE. ILL MAKE THEM BREAK THEIR RULE."

"You can't fight them all . . ."

He was breathing slower now.

"YOU'LL DIE" Jane screamed at last, over the din, cutting them off. @TheRavenHasLanded @justice magician She was exasperated by the conversation of false hopes. Face cracked with pain, just as they were. Lava, burning them. Choking them.

This. This was a life worse than death.

A life not worth fighting for.

Perhaps the problem was never that she couldn't be enough for this world.

Perhaps the problem was that the world could never be enough for her.

Just now, Lotus Blossom said:

"YOU'LL DIE" Jane screamed at last, over the din, cutting them off. @TheRavenHasLanded @justice magician She was exasperated by the conversation of false hopes. Face cracked with pain, just as they were. Lava, burning them. Choking them.

This. This was a life worse than death.

A life not worth fighting for.

Perhaps the problem was never that she couldn't be enough for this world.

Perhaps the problem was that the world could never be enough for her.

Kaza does his feint.

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza then turns to Jane, feinting with his fist, only to slam his knife into her kneck.

As she turns her head to block the fist, her spin lands the knife again into her bloodied shoulder. Her hand snapped to his wrist which held the knife and wrenched it away, powering it to his chest.