Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He nods. "Thank you. You were the mother I never had." and then he turns, shaking tears from his eyes and tears down the hallway to the downstairs.

@justice magician

@Edema Rue

The woman kept crying. “I want my boy,” she whispered. “Is there no one I can love?”

27 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane came closer. She didn't want to, no- her own hands were trembling. She had more... important things to focus on. But this cottage could buy her time. Or it could take it from her. For some reason, this elderly woman held the answer.

"Is this a scarf?" Jane nodded towards the crochet in the woman's hands as she sat down near enough to her.

“Oh, yes,” the woman said, thin hands shaking as she lifted it. “It’s for my grandbaby. For…for…” she trailed off, frowning. 

32 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The woman kept crying. “I want my boy,” she whispered. “Is there no one I can love?”

“Oh, yes,” the woman said, thin hands shaking as she lifted it. “It’s for my grandbaby. For…for…” she trailed off, frowning. 

Kaza turns back. "I'll be back. i promise this" then he sprints off, this time in earnest.

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza turns back. "I'll be back. i promise this" then he sprints off, this time in earnest.

The woman nods as he leaves. Then, ever so slowly, she opens the door to the boy’s bedroom and steps inside. She kneels next to the bed and does not move. 

56 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Isn't that precious," Jane said in a soothing tone, "Now, I want to ask you something, and I need you to try to tell me the truth. Is that alright?"

Truth was so hard to find nowadays.

15 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Isn't that precious," Jane said in a soothing tone, "Now, I want to ask you something, and I need you to try to tell me the truth. Is that alright?"

Truth was so hard to find nowadays.

The woman frowned. “O-okay? I don’t lie,” she said, smiling weakly. 

24 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The woman frowned. “O-okay? I don’t lie,” she said, smiling weakly. 

"Okay, I want to know if you've met the gamemakers yet." Jane lowered her voice and leaned in just slightly.

There was a twinkle in her eye, almost a test. In one hand, she made a fist holding the small coin that she subtly flashed at the woman.

46 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Okay, I want to know if you've met the gamemakers yet." Jane lowered her voice and leaned in just slightly.

There was a twinkle in her eye, almost a test. In one hand, she made a fist holding the small coin that she subtly flashed at the woman.

“What are you holding, dearie?” The woman asks. “I can’t see very well.” She coughs raggedly. “Should I know what a gamemaker is?”

43 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“What are you holding, dearie?” The woman asks. “I can’t see very well.” She coughs raggedly. “Should I know what a gamemaker is?”

"Oh!" Jane opened her fist again, for longer, "A penny. For your thoughts. Have you heard of that phrase?"

She had gotten so much farther, yet so behind. More was clarified, leaving her more confused. In other words, Jane was lost.

Why does a cottage exist here?

And why is this woman occupying it?

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Oh!" Jane opened her fist again, for longer, "A penny. For your thoughts. Have you heard of that phrase?"

She had gotten so much farther, yet so behind. More was clarified, leaving her more confused. In other words, Jane was lost.

Why does a cottage exist here?

And why is this woman occupying it?

“Oh, I’m not sure,” the woman said. “Whatever you want, honey.”

11 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Oh, I’m not sure,” the woman said. “Whatever you want, honey.”

Jane stood up, looking around the dim room.

"This is a fine home you have here," Jane said smiling, as she glanced about, walking around the edges.

58 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane stood up, looking around the dim room.

"This is a fine home you have here," Jane said smiling, as she glanced about, walking around the edges.

“Oh, thank you!!” Tears filled the old woman’s eyes. “My papi built it.”

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Oh, thank you!!” Tears filled the old woman’s eyes. “My papi built it.”

"Would you like tea? I might make myself some," Jane said. Then she paused, "If that's alright with you."

52 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Would you like tea? I might make myself some," Jane said. Then she paused, "If that's alright with you."

“Oh, all right.”

29 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Oh, all right.”

Jane looked about the tea bags.

"Do you like peppermint, Miss?" Jane asked.

She didn't know her name, and neither did the elderly woman.

But "Miss" felt alright. Almost... young.

8 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane looked about the tea bags.

"Do you like peppermint, Miss?" Jane asked.

She didn't know her name, and neither did the elderly woman.

But "Miss" felt alright. Almost... young.

“Oh, I’ll do whatever makes you happy. What did you say your name was?”

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Oh, I’ll do whatever makes you happy. What did you say your name was?”

"Jane. Jane Cora Rae."  She started boiling water for the tea.

"Do you mind showing me around your home?"

26 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Jane. Jane Cora Rae."  She started boiling water for the tea.

“What a pretty name,” the woman murmurs. 

2 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Is there a door back there, or is this the only room? It seemed taller from outside."

“Hmm, I’m not quite sure…” the woman frowned. “I think there’s a tower, but I can’t quite do stairs anymore…why can’t I remember, dearie?”

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

“Hmm, I’m not quite sure…” the woman frowned. “I think there’s a tower, but I can’t quite do stairs anymore…why can’t I remember, dearie?”

"Miss, I want to try something with you," Jane brought over the two teas, "Tell me everything you can remember from your childhood."

Was this a gamemaker's twisted and sick joke? A game of manipulation under the guise of the elderly? Or was it genuinely an old woman with dementia...

Or worse...

An old woman who's memory had been wiped.

12 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Miss, I want to try something with you," Jane brought over the two teas, "Tell me everything you can remember from your childhood."

Was this a gamemaker's twisted and sick joke? A game of manipulation under the guise of the elderly? Or was it genuinely an old woman with dementia...

Or worse...

An old woman who's memory had been wiped.

“Oh, well…” the woman launches into a story about a brother, a dog, and a torn pair of breeches.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

“Oh, well…” the woman launches into a story about a brother, a dog, and a torn pair of breeches.

"What was your brother's name?" Jane asks, when there is a brief pause in the story as the woman takes a breath.

22 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"What was your brother's name?" Jane asks, when there is a brief pause in the story as the woman takes a breath.

“Joe,” the woman says. “O-oh, I haven’t thought about him in a while.”

47 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Is a tower the only other part of this house? No basement? No attic?"

“Oh, I’m really not sure…” the woman gave her a bright smile. “You’re welcome to explore!”