Sporf
Splayd
Spife

FRED

This is just examples, use as you wish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_ration_eating_device
FRED :DD 
(not my answer)

Mine’s a fork, but a FRED looks pretty fun to use…

Spoiler

Elantris Ch 5 (Spoilers)

Spoiler

Sarene asked, trying to figure out how to use the odd JinDo dining utensils. There were two of them, one with a sharp pointed end and the other with a flat shoveled end. Everyone else was eating with them as if it were second nature, and Sarene was determined not to say anything. 

<snip>

Besides, princesses are supposed to have good table manners; Cousin Sarene’s dropped about half of her meal on the floor. Who ever heard of a princess that didn’t know how to use MaiPon sticks?

MaiPon Sticks (of course)

My preferred is either a fork or a spoon & eating knife combo.

Fork, because you can eat anything with a fork, from salad to soup (after eating the solids out of the soup, you drink the broth) to ice cream.

Spoon and eating knife combo, because that's how they did it in the Dark Ages, and I respect that. The knife served as both fork and cutting utensil, so actual forks were apparently pretty rare, and the spoon allowed for the consumption of puddings and stews.

But if I were trapped on a desert island and could only choose one eating utensil in addition to any other survival supplies I was granted, I would choose a fork.

9 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Not including Wyndle, I'd say a spoon. Assuming it's metal, you can still spear stuff and cut stuff with it, whereas if you use a fork or a knife, you lose the ability to eat soup.

How do you spear stuff with a spoon? And why can't you eat soup with a fork? I mean, sure, you can only do half the process with the fork before you have to just pick up your bowl, but I feel like it still works... 😶

9 minutes ago, Ookla said:

How do you spear stuff with a spoon? And why can't you eat soup with a fork? I mean, sure, you can only do half the process with the fork before you have to just pick up your bowl, but I feel like it still works... 😶

It’s not as good as a fork, but you can embed the tip in most foods. Technically, you can just drink most soups, but it’s best when you can have the broth at the same time. 

• 1 month later...