In this weeks update, what does 631 mean?

So do we think 631 was just referring to "the video number in which brandon is going to announce a new secret project" or is it more than that?

i kinda think its more than that

like the fact that he waits until 6:31 into the video to announce it implies that maybe this isn't over

I wonder if its relevant to the book itself

On 3/10/2024 at 12:56 AM, danex said:

So do we think 631 was just referring to "the video number in which brandon is going to announce a new secret project" or is it more than that?

i kinda think its more than that

like the fact that he waits until 6:31 into the video to announce it implies that maybe this isn't over

I definitely feel like from how he talked around it in the launch livestream there's something more to it. It's a weirdly specific number, and they can arrange the number of videos to be anything, it wasn't preordained to be the 631st or anything. Gotta be a reason. 

Probably not connected since SP5 is supposed to be future - but I noted that the Say the Words were all prefaced similarly:

Spoiler

Dan Wells

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Vevishach 4.10.3. Windrunners

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Palahesah 5.1.5. Skybreakers

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Palahachan 5.3.2. Dustbringers

etc. 

#SayTheWords (Dec. 20, 2023)

But if it is SA5 rather than SP5, could it be the (Rosharan) date of the Contest?

Edited by Treamayne

27 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Probably not connected since SP5 is supposed to be future - but I noted that the Say the Words were all prefaced similarly:

Hide contents

Dan Wells

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Vevishach 4.10.3. Windrunners

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Palahesah 5.1.5. Skybreakers

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Palahachan 5.3.2. Dustbringers

etc. 

#SayTheWords (Dec. 20, 2023)

But if it is SA5 rather than SP5, could it be the (Rosharan) date of the Contest?

Oh yeah, I've just noticed it was all recorded in Epoch 6 year 31.

But the Rosharan date of the Contest is 1175.5.2.5.

I will add that in the recent weekly update he said that he saw people guessing correctly. One of us is right!

On 3/10/2024 at 8:56 AM, danex said:

And if 6:31 is more than just a timestamp on his 631st video, then I saw this comment on YT made by @hawkfu:

The prevailing theory I've seen online is the sequel to Sixth of the Dusk for anyone whos curious. No idea if this is what its going to be, but just filling in anyone whos not on reddit.

Also Ive seen some theories about 6th of the Dusk, 3 inhabitable planets in the Drominad system, 1st of the Sun, but maybe thats a stretch. So 631

Edited by alder24

37 minutes ago, alder24 said:

But the Rosharan date of the Contest is 1175.5.2.5.

So, 1175.6.3.1 would be (Rosharan) 1 Month and 1 day afterward (if I have that right).

Cause Bondsmith StW was:

Spoiler

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Shashaches 6.3.1.

Bondsmiths

So pointing to the contest seemed plausible. 

Edited by Treamayne
Clarity / SPAG

6 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

So, 1175.6.3.1 would be 1 R-Month and 1 R-day afterward (if I have that right).

Cause Bondsmith StW was:

Hide contents

Sixth Epoch, Year 31, Shashaches 6.3.1.

Bondsmiths

So pointing to the contest seemed plausible. 

It's very much not plausible because 6.3.1 isn't the date of the contest, 5.2.5 is. It's month.week.day. Dalinar made the terms with Odium on 4.10.5 - last day of 4th month. 50 days in a month, 10 weeks, 5 day each (bless the Coppermind, I'm not THAT nerdy to remember that :P)

Not to mention the Sixth Epoch was very far in the past. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love how many were asking in the live chat for the end of the crowd funding campaign last night for additional symbolism behind 631. I am still convinced that the 1 refers to autonomy. I want to believe!