Ising the Being of New (and such)

15 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ohhhhh that's how you use the spoiler boxes...

Hello, 17th Shard! I'm Through The Living Glass, but y'all can call me Alexei if you want! I've been lurking on the main Cosmere-centered pages mostly, but now that I have an account I'm hoping to become more familiar with the community! I'm Utahn and LDS, though from what I've seen that's not really unique 'round these parts. 😂 I'm Southern though and very proud of it! (any other Southerners around here...?) I'm an amateur roboticist, engineer, poet, artist, and singer, and I enjoy reading books, reading and writing poems, building anything and everything, baking, cooking, zoning out when I should be listening in Chemistry, and playing/theorizing about my favorite video games. OH AND DRAWING. I'm also a HUGE extrovert I'm just stuck inside a lot. Looking to make some friends and theorize a bit!

I've read all of Brandon's Cosmere works except the third White Sand graphic novel; I'm like halfway through but I'm SO BORED with it somehow. I've never been bored by one of his books before... Anyway, I looked through some of the other threads for commonly asked questions so I could make y'all ask something SILLY instead hehe:

Favorite books:

1. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter/Words of Radiance (don't make me choose!)

2. Oathbringer

3. Tress of the Emerald Sea

Favorite character:

Kaladin. I relate to him a lot honestly.

And it seems that someone likes to ask all the new kids what their favorite type of bagel is, so...

Hide contents

Justice Magician

Hide contents

I'm so sorry

Hide contents

I don't like bagels 😂

One question: What is the Role-Playing section and why do people seem to find it so fun? I don't know. 😅

So yeah! That's me!

I see I've made a reputation for myself . . . . lol ;)

Welcome to the Shard!! It's nice to meet another fellow artist!

I guess I need another question . . . hmm 

Do you like Shallan? That tends to be pretty divided both ways.

29 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

What is your 3rd favorite animal in the cosmere? (you said you wanted silly questions...)

My third favorite... Probably Ryshadium.

12 minutes ago, justice magician said:

I see I've made a reputation for myself . . . . lol ;)

Welcome to the Shard!! It's nice to meet another fellow artist!

I guess I need another question . . . hmm 

Do you like Shallan? That tends to be pretty divided both ways.

I like post-WoK Shallan. I find her POV chapters pretty annoying in the first book. 😂

12 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

My third favorite... Probably Ryshadium.

I like post-WoK Shallan. I find her POV chapters pretty annoying in the first book. 😂

Interesting! I've always thought she was an interesting character (start to finish), but I've never found her annoying.

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

Interesting! I've always thought she was an interesting character (start to finish), but I've never found her annoying.

I think the reason why I found her's annoying was simply because, to me, there wasn't anything particularly interesting going on. Compared to Kaladin's and Dalinar's/Adolin's POVs, at least.

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

I think the reason why I found her's annoying was simply because, to me, there wasn't anything particularly interesting going on. Compared to Kaladin's and Dalinar's/Adolin's POVs, at least.

I've heard people argue that in the past, but I guess I was really interested in the mystery surrounding her goals, and I thought the reveal that she had been the one to kill her father was really mind-blowing. 

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

I've heard people argue that in the past, but I guess I was really interested in the mystery surrounding her goals, and I thought the reveal that she had been the one to kill her father was really mind-blowing. 

That makes sense! There were chapters of her's I enjoyed, like that reveal. Seeing the Cryptics, Soulcasting, and the last scene when Kabsal dies were pretty interesting to me!

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

That makes sense! There were chapters of her's I enjoyed, like that reveal. Seeing the Cryptics, Soulcasting, and the last scene when Kabsal dies were pretty interesting to me!

Yeah! I know I was a little weird with her being so separated from everything else, but imo that made her joining them in WoR all the more satisfying.

11 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Wow, okay, good to know. Honestly a Reckoners rp sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not a huge Percy Jackson kind of person though.

Thanks anyway!

When does the Reckoners rp start?

We're planning to start next week I think :) 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:44 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

You're totally fine, don't even worry about it! I'm actually one of those people that calls everyone 'dude' regardless of gender, so I could care more. 😆

Same lol, “Man”, “Bro”, and “Dude” are all gender-neutral for me (“Man” because I’ll occasionally walk over to a friend, point at them, and just say “Man”).

Anyways, Welcome! If you could bring any 2 Sanderson Characters back to life in the same room for an hour, who’d you pick? (they have to be in a book by Brandon Sanderson, but no Wheel of Time)

4 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Anyways, Welcome! If you could bring any 2 Sanderson Characters back to life in the same room for an hour, who’d you pick? (they have to be in a book by Brandon Sanderson, but no Wheel of Time)

Back to life?

Ummm... My first thought was Kelsier but I'm not sure if he counts or not. 😂

Probably Elend and Elhokar. It would be interesting to see how they interact and what they talk about!

Alternately Wayne and Elhokar because that would be absolutely goofy.

16 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Back to life?

Ummm... My first thought was Kelsier but I'm not sure if he counts or not. 😂

Probably Elend and Elhokar. It would be interesting to see how they interact and what they talk about!

Alternately Wayne and Elhokar because that would be absolutely goofy.

Spoiler

Yea, Kell is really a grey area, and despite reading Secret History I have no Idea what his deal is lol

Elend and Elhokar would probably get along fairly well, and Wayne and Elhokar… oh boy… that there’d be mighty entertaining

14 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

if you would prefere to join an rp that I'm am just making today let me know. the monarchs forest RP

That look super interesting!

Not sure if I'm going to do the Reckoners rp anymore (sorry), but the premise for this one sounds super cool! So sign ups are now?