Fantasy RP with worldbuilding ideas thread

J. Magi

Main Plot Ideas   

4 members have voted

1. 1. I need to have a basic idea of what we doing for us to start

• Rescue/Heist story
    • Escape from underground mines/ contact with rebel group
    • just a straight up revolution
    • traveling to the south side (for one reason or another)

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

I like dragon magic. I also like having dragon's corpses be magical so that there is poachers and stuff.

what like there bones, scales and blood?

I love the ideas so far! I'm gonna check the doc in a minute and maybe add some things

On 3/16/2024 at 6:42 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

I was thinking of trying to make a world / backstory for @justice magician's character Penn, as it is a really interesting character, and a really interesting magic system

Okay so . . . the thing about this. I'm flattered you like my character! I have a world building project that I've been working on for 3-4 years now that centers around him so, I already have his world, backstory, and magic system pretty much laid out. The magic system is far too over complicated to use in an RP, and I haven't finished developing parts of it (it seems simple in A&E because he's only using one facet of it, and he's explaining it in way that brushes over the complexity for time sake). I think it'd be super cool if you used him as inspiration, just know that Penn already has a 'canon' backstory and world.

If we do have these higher tech colonizers who are treated like gods, I think it'd be cool if they sort of kept up that pretense to use to their advantage, y'know? Like creating religions based off of themselves so that people follow and worship them. (this could also give us an interesting badguy if we want to go in the overthrowing-a-tyrant direction.)

2 minutes ago, justice magician said:

I love the ideas so far! I'm gonna check the doc in a minute and maybe add some things

Okay so . . . the thing about this. I'm flattered you like my character! I have a world building project that I've been working on for 3-4 years now that centers around him so, I already have his world, backstory, and magic system pretty much laid out. The magic system is far too over complicated to use in an RP, and I haven't finished developing parts of it (it seems simple in A&E because he's only using one facet of it, and he's explaining it in way that brushes over the complexity for time sake). I think it'd be super cool if you used him as inspiration, just know that Penn already has a 'canon' backstory and world.

If we do have these higher tech colonizers who are treated like gods, I think it'd be cool if they sort of kept up that pretense to use to their advantage, y'know? Like creating religions based off of themselves so that people follow and worship them. (this could also give us an interesting badguy if we want to go in the overthrowing-a-tyrant direction.)

what i was mainly thinking for my main plot is that roy contains the entire soul of one of the last dragons. 

also can gemstones act as magic focuses in this world?

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

what i was mainly thinking for my main plot is that roy contains the entire soul of one of the last dragons. 

Oh that seems interesting! We do need a main goal for the whole group as well, which I have a few ideas for

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

also can gemstones act as magic focuses in this world?

Sure! I don't see why not

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

Ahh, Ok.

Semid divine like beings are good though, nothing like a tyrant

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Ahh, Ok.

Semid divine like beings are good though, nothing like a tyrant

I simply meant that because they're colonizers, the native people might have reasons to overthrow them, and that could be a plotline if we want. I wasn't saying they all have to be evil. I did start working on a race description in the doc, but it's just ideas at this point.

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

I simply meant that because they're colonizers, the native people might have reasons to overthrow them, and that could be a plotline if we want. I wasn't saying they all have to be evil. I did start working on a race description in the doc, but it's just ideas at this point.

i added some things to it to basically say that the colonisers are considered gods by the locals because they hunted down every last dragon to extinction. only a few people containing the souls of dragons are left. they are trying to resurect their draconic masters.

12 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i added some things to it to basically say that the colonisers are considered gods by the locals because they hunted down every last dragon to extinction. only a few people containing the souls of dragons are left. they are trying to resurect their draconic masters.

Nice! I like it!

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, justice magician said:

Sorry this kind of died, I disappeared because I was on vacation. Are we still interested in doing this?

Yes!!! Though I am still on vacation and won’t be able to contribute much till next week 

5 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Yes!!! Though I am still on vacation and won’t be able to contribute much till next week 

Alright! We can wait a bit, then.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

No no! Please start when you are ready 

I was hoping to get a few more people involved before we get started, but if not I'll create the actually RP thread and character sheets soon. I would also like to get a solid grip on some kind of plot before moving forward, I'm worried it'll die faster if we keep things vague.

Edited by justice magician

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2024 at 4:21 PM, NerdyAarakocra said:

Is this still happening?

Yes! Like bee mage said, we started it the Rp and it's called 'Marina's Echo' now.

7 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Yes! Like bee mage said, we started it the Rp and it's called 'Marina's Echo' now.

did you intentionaly skip the first part of my username? the bit that I use for all my rp's?