Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, CadCom said:

Understood. What I mean is that with only 9 players, but 11 listed roles, we don't have all roles. Because certain roles appear as warders and blademasters with a scan already. 

On compulsion, it says change a players vote to whatever you wish. Is this supposed to say to whoever you wish? If can they change a vote to an action? 

Is compulsion the only vote manipulation action or ability? I didn't see any other in my 30 second skim just barely. 

That wording means you can Soothe it and make it not count instead of move it if you wish. It also means you can make someone who didn’t vote essentially vote for somebody. 

No. There is also the Amyrlin Seat role.

Edited by The Unknown Ajah

• The Unknown Order changed the title to LG100: Day One - Let the Dice (and the Heads) Roll
42 minutes ago, Stick. said:

yea id be p surprised if there's any more than 2 elims or any fewer than 2 elims

Weirdo hi! is this ur first SE game?

EDIT:

should probably @Wierdo

O h  hi, this is actually my second!

1 hour ago, CadCom said:

Understood. What I mean is that with only 9 players, but 11 listed roles, we don't have all roles. Because certain roles appear as warders and blademasters with a scan already. 

So I understand that both of these statements are true, I just don't really get how they are related. I'll also note that something similar happens with the Amyrlin, which you didn't mention.

CadCom’s analysis seemed pretty standard to me, so I’d be inclined to vote Araris over anyone else here, but I’m going to actually read the rules myself before passing any real judgement.

7 hours ago, Stick. said:

hi friends 

ive read the rules doc about three and a half times and i still don’t understand the mech

but maybe i am just stupid 👹

Don’t worry. Even after I just re read them I still don’t understand 

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

lol what is this game

One where not even the people who Veted the rules understand the rules 

2 hours ago, Mat said:

CadCom’s analysis seemed pretty standard to me, so I’d be inclined to vote Araris over anyone else here, but I’m going to actually read the rules myself before passing any real judgement.

Hold on, I just got through explaining why it wasn't standard. He called out Blademaster and Warden as unlikely while ignoring the Amyrlin (who similarly has a role that scans as her), all while not giving a satisfactory reason for the statement. It's a minor thing, but it still seems odd.

Edit:

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

One where not even the people who Veted the rules understand the rules 

I think we understand the rules, but it's not really possible to succinctly sum them up.

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I think we understand the rules, but it's not really possible to succinctly sum them up.

Speak for yourself 😔

5 hours ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Vote Tally

Stick. (1): Kasimir

Wierdo (1): Stick.

CadCom (1): Araris Valerian 

Courtesy of Tallybot. CadCom isn't in the system btw.

Weird. CadCom should be in of all people. I'll take a look again and try to fix the regex during my spare time.

Hold on, I just got through explaining why it wasn't standard. He called out Blademaster and Warden as unlikely while ignoring the Amyrlin (who similarly has a role that scans as her), all while not giving a satisfactory reason for the statement. It's a minor thing, but it still seems odd.

I'm actually more ? about Mat's defensiveness of CadCom here. I'd note CadCom's at least consistent in Amrylin Seat erasure:

6 hours ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

No. There is also the Amyrlin Seat role.

At the same time I'm curious about your theory of the gap, @Araris Valerian. Intuitively I'd expect the Forsaken to be hyperaware of the existence of the Amrylin, since it's kinda hard to ignore a role you scan as.

Edited to add:

@The Unknown Ajah, I've fixed the regex. It tracks CadCom as Cadmium. I've added CadCom as a valid vote.

57 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

At the same time I'm curious about your theory of the gap, @Araris Valerian. Intuitively I'd expect the Forsaken to be hyperaware of the existence of the Amrylin, since it's kinda hard to ignore a role you scan as.

That’s a good point. I’m just here to point out the contradictions, not to say what they mean.

20 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

That’s a good point. I’m just here to point out the contradictions, not to say what they mean.

But isn't the point to try to make a read, beyond the contradiction itself?

Edited to add:

Tempted to lean very mild V on Araris. Jumping on this feels just a bit like the sort of thing that comes from an overexcited Villager perspective. Mild because this is Araris and I don't trust myself to read Araris >>

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Exactly, that looks like a standard D1 SE analysis post to me :P.

I figured the difference was that Warder/Blademaster have survival abilities, hence his mention of the low player count. A riot is powerful but in a different brand of roles in my head, so it not being mentioned there makes sense to me. I don't necessarily agree with his analysis but it seemed like an odd thing to vote on.

Also. Is saying what they mean not, like, the whole point? This statement reads like you want other people to jump on things you notice so that they are more starkly in the wrong. You did vote CadCom though so /shrug

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm actually more ? about Mat's defensiveness of CadCom here.

I mean, again, it's not that I agree with CadCom per say. I just disagree with Araris about CadCom. There's a difference imo.

Also also I'm claiming Lord of Luck

(/jk)

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

Also also I'm claiming Lord of Luck

I will be very disappointed if you are not because TUA had one (1) chance to do something really funny 😔

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

Also. Is saying what they mean not, like, the whole point? This statement reads like you want other people to jump on things you notice so that they are more starkly in the wrong. You did vote CadCom though so /shrug

I'm going back and forth about it on further reflection. I can empathise because I've had those times when another player does something, I fix on it and think it's Evil and then later think more and go "oh wait nvm" - Araris voting CadCom is consistent with that but I'm not really picking up anything else that feels like a Villager pouncing on a thing they saw.

2 hours ago, Mat said:

Tempted to V lean Mat 😔

I need to stop being so easy 😔

2 hours ago, Mat said:

This is sort of right. I wanted to see other people’s reactions before giving my own, though I wasn’t planning on jumping on anyone. Personally, I think folks doing role analysis are doing it “honestly”, because it’s too easy to get caught emphasizing certain parts of the rules and doesn’t really have much benefit (as seen here, where I brought it up immediately). I do think that since Warder and Blademaster are defensive roles, it would be a bit more natural for an elim to have them in mind, and then to post something along those lines. In my experience elims requested like to work out a timeline for winning, and the presence/lack of extra lives and protects is very important for that sort of thing. It’s also probably a more natural assumption that Amyrlin and Forsaken are both in the game, since they are less generic than the other two.

I said I'd be around later, and then proceeded to lose my mind for 8 hours and now I'm gonna sleep.

I like Araris's thinking there but it is very late and I can't think properly enough to give a coherent actual response.

:)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I need to re-re-reread the ruleset again

not really interested in killing cadcom today - this is their first game in like, what, 5 years? i dont see anything egregiously elimmy about what they said in their first post anyway (maybe i would if i was well versed with the rules to begin with :ph34r:)

Araris (if this is wrong it's mat's fault :ph34r:)

Wierdo hasnt really given me anything to work with lol. As an aside, if araris is red i think aeternum is probably a villager. 

@Aeoryi post something AI so i can godread u 😛 

I do think that since Warder and Blademaster are defensive roles, it would be a bit more natural for an elim to have them in mind, and then to post something along those lines. In my experience elims requested like to work out a timeline for winning, and the presence/lack of extra lives and protects is very important for that sort of thing. It’s also probably a more natural assumption that Amyrlin and Forsaken are both in the game, since they are less generic than the other two.

Is there a reason we'd assume those roles are V!aligned? I seem to recall Vorros? whatever that dude's name was was Elim the last time. I think there was no Myderaal? AFAICT Amyrlin, Warder, and BM are all not alignment-guaranteed. Only our ta'averen are.

20 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Araris (if this is wrong it's mat's fault :ph34r:)

Is there some reason you're attributing Mat with going for Araris when Mat himself is ambivalent?

Edited to add:

I'll phrase my sentences more differently at some point my brain is just tired and overflowing with law drek rn