Favorite Quotes

What is everybody's favorite quotes from Brandon's works?

I think that mine, currently, is:

"I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one."

-Dalinar

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UltimateArchivist said:

"This is life, and I will not lie by saying every day will be sunshine. But there will be sunshine again, and that is a very different thing to say." - Hoid, 1175.4.10.4

To piggy back, the best part for me is the end:

That is truth. I promise you Kaladin, you will be warm again. 

• 1 month later...

its a big quote and It was quite difficult to find it

This one is from Ob i think or maybe Row

Spoiler

"Some men, as they age, grow kinder. I am not one of those, for I have seen how the cosmere can mistreat the innocent - and that leaves me disinclined toward kindness. Some men, as they age, grow wiser. I am not one of those, for wisdom and I have always been cross-purposes, and I have yet to learn the tongue in which she speaks. Some men, as they age, grow more cynical. I, fortunately, am not one of those. If I were, the very air would warp around me, sucking in all emotions, leaving only scorn. Other men... other men, as they age, merely grow stranger. I fear I am one of those. I am the bones of a foreign species left drying on the plain that was once, long ago, a sea. A curiosity, perhaps a reminder, that all has not always been as it is now"

Thisone is from Mistborne It's a letter from Kelsier

Spoiler

Your original duty tonight was going to be to assassinate the remaining high nobleman in the city, but well, you convinced me maybe they should live.I can never figure out how this blasted metal is supposed to work; its safe to burn, it won't kill you, but it doesn't appear to do anything useful. If you are reading this, then I failed to figure out how to use it when I faced the Lord Ruler. I don't think it matters. The people needed something to believe in, and this was the only way to give it to them. Please don't be angry at me for abandoning you. I was given an extension on life, I should have died in Mare's place years ago. I was ready for this. The others will need you. You're their Mistborn now. You'll have to protect them in the months to come. The nobility will send assassins against our fledgling kingdom's rulers. Farewell. I'll tell Mare about you; she always wanted a daughter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some criminally underrated ones from Alcatraz:

Spoiler

You see, that is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm.

It's really funny. 

Spoiler
By now, it is probably very late at night, and you have stayed up to read this book when you should have gone to sleep. If this is the case, then I commend you for falling into my trap. It is a writer's greatest pleasure to hear that someone was kept up until the unholy hours of the morning reading one of his books. It goes back to authors being terrible people who delight in the suffering of others. Plus, we get a kickback from the caffeine industry...

In terms of actually inspirational ones:

“Somebody has to start. Somebody has to step forward and do what is right, because it is right.”

And

“What is belief - what is faith - if you don’t continue it after failure?”

• 2 weeks later...

“The room fell silent. A walnut bounced off VenDell’s head. He immediately turned to glare at Wayne. “Sorry,” Wayne said. “Just had trouble believing someone could be so melodramatic, so I figured you might not be real. Hadda check, ya know?”

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, markwilly said:

These quotes are all so impactful! I especially love the one from Hoid: 'But there will be sunshine again, and that is a very different thing to say.' It's such a hopeful perspective. And CtrlAltDepressed, the addition of 'That is truth. I promise you Kaladin, you will be warm again' is a beautiful finish. Thanks for sharing these memorable lines

Generally, it’s considered bad forum etiquette to post on threads that haven’t been active for a while, especially without contributing any new information. Three weeks is borderline, but it seems you’ve previously ‘necro’ed multiple year old threads. Additionally, it’s recommended that you post an introduction in the introduce yourself subforum, stating what Sanderson books you’ve read, perhaps your interests, and things like that. Regardless, welcome to the shard.