Which 17th shard members have read these other books?

Which 17th shard members have read these other books?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Mark the books you have read. (Even if it is just one in a series)

• Ender´s game
    • Micheal Vey
    • Legend
    • Percy Jackson
    • Harry Potter
    • Five Kingdoms
    • Diary of a Wimpy Kid
    • Fuzzy Mud
    • Breaking Cover
    • American Sniper
    • Book of Mormon ;)
    • Hunger Games
    • Hero´s of Olympus
    • The Giver
    • Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy
    • Lord of the Flies
    • Maze Runner
    • The Hobbit
    • Carrie
    • Hatchet

6 hours ago, MadMax634 said:

Mark the books you have read. (Even if it is just one in a series)

You have Percy Jackson on there twice (Percy [and the Olympians] and Heroes of Olympus). You mention only Ender's Game, but not the wider Enderverse (see picture at that post), and you mention Carrie but not other Stephen King books. Does "Legend" refer to "I Am Legend?" Also does HHGttG only mean book one, or the series? And you mention Lord of the Flies but not other classics like 1984, Animal Farm, Watership Down or Catcher in the Rye - or even Classic Speculative Fiction like Asimov, H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, etc. 

This list seems confusing and incomplete. Can you elaborate on what you chose to list and why?

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

These are some of the books I have read and enjoyed. I included both Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus because they are different series, they both have the same characters but they are different series. Legend refers to Legend by Marie Lu.

For HHGttG, either or.

I haven't read some of the books you mentioned, so I did not include them. I can't have a poll of every single book of all time so I just did the ones I read and liked.

3 hours ago, MadMax634 said:

I haven't read some of the books you mentioned, so I did not include them. I can't have a poll of every single book of all time so I just did the ones I read and liked.

Copy all, you might update the first post to clarify ":These are things I read and enjoyed, and I would like to see if others have also read or enjoyed them" or something to that effect. 

I included both Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus because they are different series, they both have the same characters but they are different series.

But can you see the confusion? The top says "Mark the books you have read. (Even if it is just one in a series)" - PJatO and HoO are both in Riorden's extended Mythologyverse. So, as you explained, some see them as separate series - while others see them as 2 parts of 1 series (that also includes Gods of Asgard, Cane Chronicles, etc. - Just as the Cosmere can be considered a Series comprised of other series). I have no problem with the choice(s) you made, I just wanted to understand them (since there seemed to be discrepancies - e. g. Ender's Game). 

Also, have you seen the "What are you reading" and "Reading Recommendations" threads?

7 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Also, have you seen the "What are you reading" and "Reading Recommendations" threads?

Nope, thanks for the recommendation.

7 hours ago, Treamayne said:

But can you see the confusion? The top says "Mark the books you have read. (Even if it is just one in a series)" - PJatO and HoO are both in Riorden's extended Mythologyverse. So, as you explained, some see them as separate series - while others see them as 2 parts of 1 series (that also includes Gods of Asgard, Cane Chronicles, etc. - Just as the Cosmere can be considered a Series comprised of other series). I have no problem with the choice(s) you made, I just wanted to understand them (since there seemed to be discrepancies - e. g. Ender's Game).

Yes, I guess I can see that.

Hope this clears up any confusion.