Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

19 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He blinks once. "Seriously?"

"Yeah . . ." Kurtis blushed a little, embarrassed. Should he have told him that? He was supposed to seem in charge.

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"You dont know about the worlds greatest assassin?"

"This worlds greatest assassin, it seems, if I've never heard of them."

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He grunts. "Yall are too sheltered. I've caused hell in several different governments, and you don't know about it?"

is that foreshadowing lol?

"Well, no," He admitted, ". . . but you obviously haven't 'caused hell' in my government, otherwise I'd already know about it."

He glances around nervously. "But I digress, it's good to know we have such a skilled person in the group."

Note: Sleeper could've absolutely messed with the Haki . . . Kurtis is pretty ignorant.

Edited by justice magician

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

"Well, no," He admitted, ". . . but you obviously haven't 'caused hell' in my government, otherwise I'd already know about it."

He glances around nervously. "But I digress, it's good to know we have such a skilled person in the group."

possibly. 

He nods, quietly.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He nods, quietly.

"It will be good to have an assassin," Kurtis continued, trying not to let awkward silence in, but making things more awkward in the process. "I've been trained in stealth, but it isn't a proficiency of mine."

Edited by justice magician

Just now, justice magician said:

"It will be good to have an assassin," Kurtis continued, trying to let awkward silence in, but making things more awkward in the process. "I've been trained in stealth, but it isn't a proficiency of mine."

Sleeper manages to put a knife to his neck after that comment. "Depends on who's on what side of the knife."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper manages to put a knife to his neck after that comment. "Depends on who's on what side of the knife."

"Right . . ." Kurtis said, backing away from the knife. He didn't seem scared, just a little annoyed. 

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He nods appreciatively, then grins. "So. Whatre we here for?"

"Colonel Juken . . . didn't tell you?"

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"No, he just paid me and said something about getting a girl" and killing the president, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Oh . . . alright, he did say you'd be relying on me for details."

Galdorn sat in the corner of the tavern, covertly watching everyone else in the tavern while drinking a mug of beer. Which of you is my employer? He thinks. He has no idea who his employer is, but the money is good, so he doesn’t ask questions. He pulls out a coin, rolling it across his knuckles without even glancing at his hand. The tavern was clearing out fast, and soon he was practically the only person there. That sort of thing happens when the Haki arrive. Galdorn drains the rest of his mug, gets up, and walks over to the counter.

“I’d like another beer.” He says to the bartender,

“If ‘yer got money, You’ll get ‘yer beer.” The bartender says gruffly.

Galdorn puts three coins on the table. “That enough for two?” He asks

The bartender gives a grunt, and turns around, getting two mugs of beer. 

“Thank you.” He says crisply, walking back to his table in the corner.

Then he walks over to the Haki people on the other side of the bar. 

“I’m here for a ‘mission’, and you people are the literally the only people left in the bar.”

Hope I’m not late… @justice magician, and @TheRavenHasLanded, could you tell me if I need to modify this?

11 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Galdorn sat in the corner of the tavern, covertly watching everyone else in the tavern while drinking a mug of beer. Which of you is my employer? He thinks. He has no idea who his employer is, but the money is good, so he doesn’t ask questions. He pulls out a coin, rolling it across his knuckles without even glancing at his hand. The tavern was clearing out fast, and soon he was practically the only person there. That sort of thing happens when the Haki arrive. Galdorn drains the rest of his mug, gets up, and walks over to the counter.

“I’d like another beer.” He says to the bartender,

“If ‘yer got money, You’ll get ‘yer beer.” The bartender says gruffly.

Galdorn puts three coins on the table. “That enough for two?” He asks

The bartender gives a grunt, and turns around, getting two mugs of beer. 

“Thank you.” He says crisply, walking back to his table in the corner.

Then he walks over to the Haki people on the other side of the bar. 

“I’m here for a ‘mission’, and you people are the literally the only people left in the bar.”

Sleeper spins, then gets behind him and puts a knife to his neck. "I don't trust people."

5 hours ago, justice magician said:
  Hide contents

Hypothetical notes in a universe where I had more time lol

Kurtis settled into his seat at the head of the table, eager to begin. The tavern was quiet, most people didn't want to linger when the Haki had business there. The staff eyed him from behind their counter, waiting to see what he would do.

In truth, he wasn't there to do much more than wait. His assigned colleges for the mission were meant to meet him here, at a nondescript inn. Secrecy was important to the mission --If the southerners found out they were coming to rescue Marina, it would ruin everything. Indeed, a small group of mercenaries with a single Haki supervisor was also meant to make the mission less suspicious. 

Kurtis tapped his finger on the table as he waited, thinking it over one more time. It would be a fairly smooth operation, if everything were to go to plan. This particular tavern was located in Lamu, the southernmost Haki settlement on the planet. A short stealth trip to the Southern rebel base and back would only take a few days. The real challenge would be getting into the base itself, which no doubt had their best security.

He decided to put it out of his mind, there was no sense in worrying when they already had everything planned out. Kurtis just needed to wait for the others to arrive.

@Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @TwinSouls @RoyalBeeMage

Arranis walks towards the bar. Smiling, he had just come back from taking his kids fishing, and it had been hilarious, and joyful experience, between him and his son. With not many fishes, but ended with them both wet, and dripping. he had lost track of time until he had checked the quick sundial he had made in the sand and realised that it was late, and had quickly whisked his son home, gotten into drier clothes.

But now he had a task to do. he heads towards the village, walking through the somewhat cobbled street, to the larger building that signified the inn. He looks at the swinging sign briefly, and pushes open the door. He scans the room looking for his Haki leader. he somewhat despised the Haki as they had started taking over their world, but he needed the money at the moment. He spots one, and another person at the end of the room near the bar.

"How do you do" he says as he walks up to them.

11 hours ago, justice magician said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hypothetical notes in a universe where I had more time lol

Kurtis settled into his seat at the head of the table, eager to begin. The tavern was quiet, most people didn't want to linger when the Haki had business there. The staff eyed him from behind their counter, waiting to see what he would do.

In truth, he wasn't there to do much more than wait. His assigned colleges for the mission were meant to meet him here, at a nondescript inn. Secrecy was important to the mission --If the southerners found out they were coming to rescue Marina, it would ruin everything. Indeed, a small group of mercenaries with a single Haki supervisor was also meant to make the mission less suspicious. 

Kurtis tapped his finger on the table as he waited, thinking it over one more time. It would be a fairly smooth operation, if everything were to go to plan. This particular tavern was located in Lamu, the southernmost Haki settlement on the planet. A short stealth trip to the Southern rebel base and back would only take a few days. The real challenge would be getting into the base itself, which no doubt had their best security.

He decided to put it out of his mind, there was no sense in worrying when they already had everything planned out. Kurtis just needed to wait for the others to arrive.

@Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @TwinSouls @RoyalBeeMage

wow i am so late to this but ummm....

roy walked through the streets of the deserted town searching for the bar. once he found it he opened the door and found chaos. a haki was sitting on the table in the background, an assassin was holding a blade to someones throught and a last person was in the corner looking like they just arrived. "I'm here for the mission. is this the right place?"

9 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper lets off of him. "I'm watching you. I work alone"

Galdorn stumbles away at the release of pressure. “Remind me to stay away from you.” 

He looks around at the room, noting another person had just arrived. 

18 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Galdorn stumbles away at the release of pressure. “Remind me to stay away from you.” 

"hi is this where the mission is?"

14 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis walks towards the bar. Smiling, he had just come back from taking his kids fishing, and it had been hilarious, and joyful experience, between him and his son. With not many fishes, but ended with them both wet, and dripping. he had lost track of time until he had checked the quick sundial he had made in the sand and realised that it was late, and had quickly whisked his son home, gotten into drier clothes.

But now he had a task to do. he heads towards the village, walking through the somewhat cobbled street, to the larger building that signified the inn. He looks at the swinging sign briefly, and pushes open the door. He scans the room looking for his Haki leader. he somewhat despised the Haki as they had started taking over their world, but he needed the money at the moment. He spots one, and another person at the end of the room near the bar.

"How do you do" he says as he walks up to them.

9 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy walked through the streets of the deserted town searching for the bar. once he found it he opened the door and found chaos. a haki was sitting on the table in the background, an assassin was holding a blade to someones throught and a last person was in the corner looking like they just arrived. "I'm here for the mission. is this the right place?"

1 hour ago, TwinSouls said:

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Supposedly. I was just paid and told to be here."

"Hello everyone!" Kurtis said, standing to greet them. He gestured at the table, "I'd like to discuss are plans here before we get started, if that's alright." He was excited to see them all show up.