Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

On 5/15/2024 at 4:44 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

16 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"Well, lets get going I guess." Sodsor started down the path. If only there was some sort of sign to show them specific paths...However they simply needed to go away from the bandits.

16 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis looks at the mess of vines that lead to the south. He lived just north of here, and did not know that this had gotten that bad.

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"yeah sure!." roy said cheerfully as he followed behind the group.

The sounds of pillaging and battle faded as they got further away from the city--and the plants got thicker. After a few hours of walking, Kurtis had to pull out his sword and start slashing at vines. 

"This was not here when I came this way a few days ago," He mumbled.

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

The sounds of pillaging and battle faded as they got further away from the city--and the plants got thicker. After a few hours of walking, Kurtis had to pull out his sword and start slashing at vines. 

"This was not here when I came this way a few days ago," He mumbled.

"that's impossible. are you sure we are going the right direction?"

47 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"that's impossible. are you sure we are going the right direction?"

"I'm positive that was the southern gate . . ." He grumbled as he hacked at the foliage some more, trying to clear a path. 

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"I'm positive that was the southern gate . . ." He grumbled as he hacked at the foliage some more, trying to clear a path. 

"but then how-"

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"but then how-"

"I don't know!" He glanced at their companions. "Do any of you people know if it's the work of your magicy stuff?" Kurtis was rather unfamiliar with it, as he'd only been on the planet for a short time. The stories he had heard were inconsistent and exaggerated. 

@TheRavenHasLanded @TwinSouls @Scars of Hathsin @witsthebest

Edited by J. Magi

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"I don't know!" He glanced at their companions. "Do any of you people know if it's the work of your magicy stuff?" Kurtis was rather unfamiliar with it, as he'd only been on the planet for a short time. The stories he had heard were inconsistent and exaggerated. 

Sleeper shrugged. "You think i would know?"

"not mine i dont think. @Scars of Hathsin could an alma do this? it could be something else as well..."

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"not surprised that you don't know...."

6 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"You can do weird magic right? So you must be a 'weird magic expert.'" He sighed. "Look, I don't know how any of this works.

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"not mine i dont think. @Scars of Hathsin could an alma do this? it could be something else as well..."

"not surprised that you don't know...."

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"You can do weird magic right? So you must be a 'weird magic expert.'" He sighed. "Look, I don't know how any of this works.

"just because we can all do some cool stuff doesn't mean that we can all do the same. for instance, I am a dragon state and a dragon blooded. both of them are insanely situational based on my birth and location to a dragon who was dying."

"just because we can all do some cool stuff doesn't mean that we can all do the same. for instance, I am a dragon state and a dragon blooded. both of them are insanely situational based on my birth and location to a dragon who was dying."

Kurtis stared at him, obviously not understanding. "I thought all the dragons were gone though?"

Just now, J. Magi said:

Kurtis stared at him, obviously not understanding. "I thought all the dragons were gone though?"

"a dragon state contains the dying breath of a dragon. as we use are powers more and more there is a chance that we could become a new dragon. its how the dragons of old used to continue the species. all the dragon states except for a couple were hunted down after the dragons were killed."

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"a dragon state contains the dying breath of a dragon. as we use are powers more and more there is a chance that we could become a new dragon. its how the dragons of old used to continue the species. all the dragon states except for a couple were hunted down after the dragons were killed."

His forehead wrinkled. "I uh . . . I think I need to report you for that . . ." 

Kurtis glanced at the plants again and sighed. "But let's deal with this first."

remember he's technically still a Haki bad guy--even if he is stupid.

27 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

His forehead wrinkled. "I uh . . . I think I need to report you for that . . ." 

Kurtis glanced at the plants again and sighed. "But let's deal with this first."

oops forgot....

"there is no need for you to do that."

53 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"there is no need for you to do that."

"No . . . as an officer of the law I kind of have to . . ."

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"no... you dont... consider it payment for this mission...."

"MMmmmmh," Kurtis eyes him skeptically. "I'm not supposed to accept bribes . . ."

Arranis looks around at the foliage that surrounded them, glancing at the pores of the plants, and looking around. "I don't think this is Alma" he mutters, feeling the leaves, "unless someone managed to connect, growth and this forest, which should be impossible" he lies smoothly "no one can connect ideas" he lies once again. Why do you not tell them a voice mutters in his brain, Did you here what the Haki said he retorts, it goes silent. "Soulcursed consciousness" he mutters "It could be dragon plant magic, otherwise i don't know what happened?" he finally says to the others

52 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"MMmmmmh," Kurtis eyes him skeptically. "I'm not supposed to accept bribes . . ."

"payment from you to me.... i could always kill you before you get the chance otherwise. or I could give you to sleeper over there..." @TheRavenHasLanded

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis looks around at the foliage that surrounded them, glancing at the pores of the plants, and looking around. "I don't think this is Alma" he mutters, feeling the leaves, "unless someone managed to connect, growth and this forest, which should be impossible" he lies smoothly "no one can connect ideas" he lies once again. Why do you not tell them a voice mutters in his brain, Did you here what the Haki said he retorts, it goes silent. "Soulcursed consciousness" he mutters "It could be dragon plant magic, otherwise i don't know what happened?" he finally says to the others

"doubt its dragon magic. maby a draconic gift could do that but I don't know of any in the area..."

"payment from you to me.... i could always kill you before you get the chance otherwise. or I could give you to sleeper over there..." @TheRavenHasLanded

"Even i would not give him to that Manipulator" Arranis mutters at Roy, "you have no idea what they could do to him" he spits. 

He actually is envious of sleepers powers but does not want him to know that and is trying to conform to society expectations of manipulators

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Even i would not give him to that Manipulator" Arranis mutters at Roy, "you have no idea what they could do to him" he spits. 

realy? thats intresting...

"hence why i want to give him..."

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"hence why i want to give him..."

"Look I know you hate the Haki, I do too" Arranis says, not ashamed to be saying so, "But Manipulators are the worse, and he is a vampire, he holds onto the souls that he consumes which seem to be exclusively human." Arranis spits, "which make it all the worse"

"Actually", Arranis has a lightbulb moment, "It could have been an Elemental" he says, "there have been rumours of having elementals that are not of the four main elements."

Vampires are hated also because they consume human souls for magic, and nothing else. They are normally more powerful than ordinary people,  but tend to develop psychosis or personality disorders as the souls try and wage war inside of him essentially  

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

On 5/18/2024 at 8:15 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

Kurtis listens intently, trying to understand.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:15 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"doubt its dragon magic. maby a draconic gift could do that but I don't know of any in the area..."

"You people really think I'm that easy to take down?" Kurtis grinned. "Not to mention that my superiors would more than probably notice my disappearance and send men after you."

He thought for a moment, then sighed. "But as I explained to Sleeper, we're all on the same side here. We gain nothing by trading threats."

On 5/18/2024 at 8:23 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Look I know you hate the Haki, I do too" Arranis says, not ashamed to be saying so

He glanced at the floor, not easily offended but clearly not calm either.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:23 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Actually", Arranis has a lightbulb moment, "It could have been an Elemental" he says, "there have been rumours of having elementals that are not of the four main elements."

"Is that a kind of . . . Aalma?" Kurtis asked, the foreign word clunky in his mouth.

28 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis listens intently, trying to understand.

"You people really think I'm that easy to take down?" Kurtis grinned. "Not to mention that my superiors would more than probably notice my disappearance and send men after you."

He thought for a moment, then sighed. "But as I explained to Sleeper, we're all on the same side here. We gain nothing by trading threats."

He glanced at the floor, not easily offended but clearly not calm either.

"Is that a kind of . . . Aalma?" Kurtis asked, the foreign word clunky in his mouth.

"yes. and i could take them all at once. blindfolded."

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"yes. and i could take them all at once. blindfolded."

Kurtis gives him a flat stare. "It's a good thing you don't need to, huh?"