Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

Arranis sniffs the air, getting familiar with the smells of the area, and the people he was guarding, some more wolves glide closer to him, sniffing. Why are you here? they question, Just passing through he responds, I am looking after the humans over there. They nod, and slink off again, but he feels them watching. 

He sniffs again smelling Sodsor's scent, right near where he had transformed. "Souls" he mutters

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"I'll take the second watch. Sosdor at down, but got up quickly to follow Arranis. What was he doing? The he howled and transformed. A shape shifter. Sodsor kept hidden and did not waste time getting back to camp as if he hadn't seen anything. He yawned and lay down. "Food?"

sleeper just walks over to the perimeter quietly. "Sodsor knows, I'll take second"

9 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis sniffs the air, getting familiar with the smells of the area, and the people he was guarding, some more wolves glide closer to him, sniffing. Why are you here? they question, Just passing through he responds, I am looking after the humans over there. They nod, and slink off again, but he feels them watching. 

He sniffs again smelling Sodsor's scent, right near where he had transformed. "Souls" he mutters

18 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

sleeper just walks over to the perimeter quietly. "Sodsor knows, I'll take second"

"souls, souls, souls, souls" he curses. Which sounds likes growls to others,  "He saw me", Rip out his throat, his wolf side says. No. I will have to deal with it.

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

"souls, souls, souls, souls" he curses. Which sounds likes growls to others,  "He saw me", Rip out his throat, his wolf side says. No. I will have to deal with it.

He sits there, quiet. "Do you need me to do something?"

"Why I am talking to you of all people, annoys me" Arranis mutters as he shifts back, and grabs the clothes he left on one of the plants nearby. "No I don't need you to do anything, it would be impolite to kill him, even for all his secrets and spying" he mutters angrily

"Why I am talking to you of all people, annoys me" Arranis mutters as he shifts back, and grabs the clothes he left on one of the plants nearby. "No I don't need you to do anything, it would be impolite to kill him, even for all his secrets and spying" he mutters angrily

He looks up. "Because we arent all the different, the two of us. thats what pisses me off the most about the marks I get. they represent what I could have been."

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He looks up. "Because we arent all the different, the two of us. thats what pisses me off the most about the marks I get. they represent what I could have been."

"What do you mean?" Arranis remarks, "I know that we are not too different as it annoys me, and what I would do to be a manipulator..."

"What do you mean?" Arranis remarks, "I know that we are not too different as it annoys me, and what I would do to be a manipulator..."

"You think its easy on your head to know that you can change a person by poking them? no. my parents... they threw me out because of what I could do. so i learned to kill. And my teacher said one thing that stuck with me: a soul is sacred, but a life is not. i pretend to be fine... but its hard" he shakes his head. "Why do i always do this..." He stands up. "Go get dressed. I put a demon next to your bed. He will kill anything that holds a weapon and advances on you. It only answers to me. So relax. You aren't my mark. Your life, as of right now, is sacred to me"

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"You think its easy on your head to know that you can change a person by poking them? no. my parents... they threw me out because of what I could do. so i learned to kill. And my teacher said one thing that stuck with me: a soul is sacred, but a life is not. i pretend to be fine... but its hard" he shakes his head. "Why do i always do this..." He stands up. "Go get dressed. I put a demon next to your bed. He will kill anything that holds a weapon and advances on you. It only answers to me. So relax. You aren't my mark. Your life, as of right now, is sacred to me"

"Thanks, I know I can change a person, but in ways I can imagine. I can't imagine what it is like for you." Arranis says "But I have found there are ways to be happy with what you have got" he smiles thinking of his kids before going behind one of the bushes, and transforming again into a wolf

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"I'll take the second watch. Sosdor at down, but got up quickly to follow Arranis. What was he doing? The he howled and transformed. A shape shifter. Sodsor kept hidden and did not waste time getting back to camp as if he hadn't seen anything. He yawned and lay down. "Food?"

"Cool," Kurtis said as he set up his bell roll, "I'll take 3rd."

"I've got rations if you want some," He offered to Sodsor.

10 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

There's something strange about the wolves, though it's difficult to place. Their physical build look . . . strange, like certain features are slightly out of place. A strange aura comes from them, but they act normally.

10 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I'm assuming this entire conversation was too far away to be heard?

Edited by J. Magi

40 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Cool," Kurtis said as he set up his bell roll, "I'll take 3rd."

"I've got rations if you want some," He offered to Sodsor.

There's something strange about the wolves, though it's difficult to place. Their physical build look . . . strange, like certain features are slightly out of place. A strange aura comes from them, but they act normally.

ye.

Sosdor continued to wait. He wasn't really tired. HIs life had been running around like a madman, and a little hike hadn't bothered him in years. What did bother him...Souls, a soul was supposed to be constant. He knew above manipulators of course, but they was different. Like putting one in front of the other. But the way his father had explained shapeshifter...It was almost as two souls existed, between each other. He shivered. It was almost like there was no soul. 

He put that away. It was good that he had known about it before his betrayal. Rumor had it that Shapeshifters couldn't be killed in their animal form. It would mean he'd have to attack him first, and in human form. Perhaps in his sleep...

4 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Sosdor continued to wait. He wasn't really tired. HIs life had been running around like a madman, and a little hike hadn't bothered him in years. What did bother him...Souls, a soul was supposed to be constant. He knew above manipulators of course, but they was different. Like putting one in front of the other. But the way his father had explained shapeshifter...It was almost as two souls existed, between each other. He shivered. It was almost like there was no soul. 

He put that away. It was good that he had known about it before his betrayal. Rumor had it that Shapeshifters couldn't be killed in their animal form. It would mean he'd have to attack him first, and in human form. Perhaps in his sleep...

"Having trouble falling asleep?" Kurtis asked, finishing off the grey ration bar he'd been eating. "Want something to eat?" He offered Sosdor a grey inedible looking bar of his own.

19 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"What is it?"

"A ration," Kurtis said immediately, ". . . I have no idea what it's made of though," he added after some thought.

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"A ration," Kurtis said immediately, ". . . I have no idea what it's made of though," he added after some thought.

"could i have some please?"

On 5/25/2024 at 6:47 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy ate it not caring what it tasted like...

On 5/26/2024 at 9:58 AM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Sosdor bite the ration, but didn't swallow, he continued to chew. It could be poisonous.

It tastes like, and has the consistency of sand. "Do you like it?" Kurtis asked enthusiastically.

3 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"Y- YeS" He said grimacing.

"So do I! It's one of my favorites!" He doesn't notice they're expression.