Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

On 5/30/2024 at 6:04 PM, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri blinked, then put one hand to the sword's blade and blew it out of the vampire's hand with a gust of wind.

"Oh, I've heard of you!" she said excitedly, "You're the vampire assassin! Did you know you're the 2nd most feared individual in the North? At least, that's what my friend Kavra said..." she scratched at her dark blue hair which faintly resembled a strong wind. "I can't let myself get carried away too much, so I'll answer your question. I'm Wyldri Athaven, Connector and Djinn. I promise, being an Elemental is not the least bit intimidating—it's really fun! I'm always moving around, so I don't have a proper address, but I was born and raised in Saratu. Seeing that I usually get hunted by the Haki on sight, I can't say my relationship with the local law enforcement is good, but I was friends with a guardsman in the Refuge once! And I have no idea what a credit card number is, so there's that!"

She studied each of the party members. There appeared to be a dragonstate, the Haki (who she assumed was their guide), the vampire, and a few normal humans, although they were most definitely Alma users. One of them seemed off, but she couldn't guess why.

Sleeper grins wickedly. "I'm not a vampire, im much worse. now, whos the most feared? i need to go cement my legacy after this..."

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper grins wickedly. "I'm not a vampire, im much worse. now, whos the most feared? i need to go cement my legacy after this..."

Kurtis blinks at him, still half asleep. "Your a vampire . . . ? That's cool . . . ."

He notices Wyldri for the first time. "Who're you?" @BlueWildRye

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"No!"

"But you just said . . ." Kurtis ran a hand through his hair, trying to understand.

"Oh, of course, your not a vampire." He said with a large smile and a wink. It didn't really occur to him that vampires were the sort of thing he was meant to report, he was too focused on the idea of meeting someone so interesting.

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"But you just said . . ." Kurtis ran a hand through his hair, trying to understand.

"Oh, of course, your not a vampire." He said with a large smile and a wink. It didn't really occur to him that vampires were the sort of thing he was meant to report, he was too focused on the idea of meeting someone so interesting.

Sleeper groans. "i never understood how ripping out souls makes me a vampire."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper groans. "i never understood how ripping out souls makes me a vampire."

Kurtis blinked in confusion. "I don't really know what a vampire is, it just sounds cool!" 

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"NO!"

"I would get it if you did man, this is a safe space." He reached into his belt and pulled out a small vile of thick black liquid. "I drink weird stuff too--it's a serum that makes me really strong and fast, not sure what it's made of though."

--this is the 'Haki juice' mentioned in the worldbuilding doc (no I don't have a name for it yet)--

Just now, J. Magi said:

"I would get it if you did man, this is a safe space." He reached into his belt and pulled out a small vile of thick black liquid. "I drink weird stuff too--it's a serum that makes me really strong and fast, not sure what it's made of though."

--this is the 'Haki juice' mentioned in the worldbuilding doc (no I don't have a name for it yet)--

He rolls his eyes. "Look, its not the weirdest ive heard..."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He rolls his eyes. "Look, its not the weirdest ive heard..."

"That's true!" Kurtis leaned forward conspiringly, "Back on Hajuk (Haki home planet) they told us these demon witches that live in the south, they totally kidnap babies and stuff--at least, that's what I heard."

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"why does that look so much like crushed moly juce?"

moly is a weird flower that apperes in my writing a lot for all my duse ex machina needs. some people even call it the holy moly. get it?

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

9 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Well, the Haki General Arikus, of course! He's the one who originally conquered the planet, right?" Wyldri realized that she had just given Sleeper his next target. Eh, not like it matters. 

On 5/31/2024 at 9:14 AM, BlueWildRye said:

"Hi!" Wyldri exclaimed, "What's your name?"

She walked up to the sleeping Haki man and poked him. "Well, he's a heavy sleeper."

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ@J. Magi

21 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis jumped awake at being poked. "What's happening?" He glanced around taking in the forest surroundings, not registering the new comer.

"God to know too..." Sosdor mumbled. "I am Sosdor."

7 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"why does that look so much like crushed moly juce?"

"Dunno, it doesn't taste like fruit or anything though."

6 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Well, the Haki General Arikus, of course! He's the one who originally conquered the planet, right?" Wyldri realized that she had just given Sleeper his next target. Eh, not like it matters. 

Kurtis's face immediately lit up. "General Arikus is my father! Have you met him?"

--the second watch is about half way over--

6 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Dunno, it doesn't taste like fruit or anything though."

Kurtis's face immediately lit up. "General Arikus is my father! Have you met him?"

--the second watch is about half way over--

"Oh, really?" asked Wyldri with some surprise. She tried to remember what Kavra had told her. Arikus did have a son, but he wasn't spoken of often. What was his name? It starts with a K... "Kartis, aren't you?"

39 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis walks over to the newcomer, "Nice to meet you' he puts out a hand, unfazed by the appearance of the Elemental. "Do you know a forest or plant elemental by chance?"

@BlueWildRye

Wyldri shook his hand. Something was off about him, but she had no clue what. "I was just thinking about the possibility that a Dryad created this jungle," she replied. "It definitely wasn't here before; I remember. There was one... On another note, did any of you guys encounter those thugs back there? My arrows didn't even faze them, much less my wind mastery. I ended up having to use my.. Other skill set." She shivered, remembering their screams as they melded with the ground, becoming stone. She rarely used Alma merging.

19 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Oh, really?" asked Wyldri with some surprise. She tried to remember what Kavra had told her. Arikus did have a son, but he wasn't spoken of often. What was his name? It starts with a K... "Kartis, aren't you?"

"Kurtis!" He said with a smile, "Nice to meet you, you must be part of our team, right?"

20 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri shook his hand. Something was off about him, but she had no clue what. "I was just thinking about the possibility that a Dryad created this jungle," she replied. "It definitely wasn't here before; I remember. There was one... On another note, did any of you guys encounter those thugs back there? My arrows didn't even faze them, much less my wind mastery. I ended up having to use my.. Other skill set." She shivered, remembering their screams as they melded with the ground, becoming stone. She rarely used Alma merging.

"What's wind mastery?"

9 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Kurtis!" He said with a smile, "Nice to meet you, you must be part of our team, right?"

"What's wind mastery?"

"Kurtis! Yes, yes, I remember now. Yes, typically people hire me as a scout, y'know, with all the (sort of) flying stuff. Sorry I was so late!"

"Wind mastery... well... other Alma users can connect, divide, or manipulate air, but only an air elemental, a djinn like myself, can master it." Wyldri concentrated, then gathered the nearby air at her feet and launched herself ten feet into the air. "I can't go much higher than this, but it is a useful ability. Did you know that the first person to accurately map the world, before the Haki of course, was a djinn? Just a fact."

36 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Yes, I imagine flight practically lets people do things like that" Arranis says glancing around. "About that Dryad, would you be able to locate one?"

“Dryad?”