Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

8 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

'Well she called it a dryad, I would call it a Alma Connected Forest Elemental, but hey Dryad is easier to say" Arranis shrugs 

“Oh a Druid!”

"Dryad, Druid, whatever," Wyldri shrugged as well. "There is one nearby, I can feel it. That's another elemental thing, I guess. You can kinda sense other ones. It's some ways south from here, and is a very, very powerful Alma user. I don't think any normal Druid would be able to grow an entire jungle within a couple of days."

@Scars of Hathsin @RoyalBeeMage

@J. Magi did you have any plans for the nature elemental or can we make it up as we go

9 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Dryad, Druid, whatever," Wyldri shrugged as well. "There is one nearby, I can feel it. That's another elemental thing, I guess. You can kinda sense other ones. It's some ways south from here, and is a very, very powerful Alma user. I don't think any normal Druid would be able to grow an entire jungle within a couple of days."

"i think we have bigger things to think about than a druid!"

"I guess so. I'm going to go to sleep. Wake me up if you need anything." Wyldri walked over to an unoccupied corner of the campsite and laid down on the ground, then hesitated and levitated a foot in the air. She wasn't going to sleep where a snake or spider might bite her. There were too many stories of travelers in the jungle being found months later, bones picked clean. Although Wyldri didn't have bones, so she wasn't sure how that could be a danger to her. Wrapping her cloak around herself like a blanket, she entered a trance-like state that was the elemental counterpart of sleeping.

On 6/2/2024 at 7:54 AM, BlueWildRye said:

"Kurtis! Yes, yes, I remember now. Yes, typically people hire me as a scout, y'know, with all the (sort of) flying stuff. Sorry I was so late!"

"Wind mastery... well... other Alma users can connect, divide, or manipulate air, but only an air elemental, a djinn like myself, can master it." Wyldri concentrated, then gathered the nearby air at her feet and launched herself ten feet into the air. "I can't go much higher than this, but it is a useful ability. Did you know that the first person to accurately map the world, before the Haki of course, was a djinn? Just a fact."

"Oh nice! I've never heard of any of this stuff before . . ."

17 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Yes, I imagine flight practically lets people do things like that" Arranis says glancing around. "About that Dryad, would you be able to locate one?"

17 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

'Well she called it a dryad, I would call it a Alma Connected Forest Elemental, but hey Dryad is easier to say" Arranis shrugs 

15 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

Whatever sense you is foggy, muffled even. The jungle sits around you like a spiritual buffer, isolating you with it's branches. It feels somewhat suffocating, but that feeling isn't difficult to ignore.

There is dryad, but it isn't extremely close.

2 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

"I guess so. I'm going to go to sleep. Wake me up if you need anything." Wyldri walked over to an unoccupied corner of the campsite and laid down on the ground, then hesitated and levitated a foot in the air. She wasn't going to sleep where a snake or spider might bite her. There were too many stories of travelers in the jungle being found months later, bones picked clean. Although Wyldri didn't have bones, so she wasn't sure how that could be a danger to her. Wrapping her cloak around herself like a blanket, she entered a trance-like state that was the elemental counterpart of sleeping.

Kurtis settled back down too, falling asleep with the efficiency of a soldier. He started snoring again soon after.

Aaaah I don't want to be annoying but once again, please remember:

a- Kurtis is a Haki official, and is absolutely not trustworthy with your magical secrets. I've let you off easy as to his reactions to things so far because he's kind of dumb, and fairly uninformed. Just remember that a possible conflict with Kurtis is a part of the dynamic here.

b-As the GM, I do have things planned out for the plot/world-building. Obviously, this is a collaborative RP so I want everyone to be involved and have fun, but try not to have your characters assume things about the plot/immediate surroundings. It just starts to get a little god-mody and makes things a little more difficult for me to keep things consistent and interesting. If you want to add to the plot with your own ideas pm me! I'd be happy to add things.

6 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

a- Kurtis is a Haki official, and is absolutely not trustworthy with your magical secrets. I've let you off easy as to his reactions to things so far because he's kind of dumb, and fairly uninformed. Just remember that a possible conflict with Kurtis is a part of the dynamic here.

Wyldri is overly trusting and does tend to let a lot of things slip, and it's very hard for her to keep secrets. I guess it's a flaw on her part that she's so open with how her magic works. A conflict with Kurtis does seem quite likely to me as well, although I don't think Wyldri would realize what was going on for some time.

Do you think we should skip through the night or keep going?

18 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri is overly trusting and does tend to let a lot of things slip, and it's very hard for her to keep secrets. I guess it's a flaw on her part that she's so open with how her magic works. A conflict with Kurtis does seem quite likely to me as well, although I don't think Wyldri would realize what was going on for some time.

Thanks for clarifying! Sorry if I misunderstood lol.

19 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Do you think we should skip through the night or keep going?

Yep! We can time skip if everyone's cool with it!

@witsthebest @RoyalBeeMage @Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Coolio! ALSO HI

The night passes quickly. Those who've camped outside before notice that the jungle is far too silent. No late night birds or other animal noises. No wind. 

As the sun rises, a thick fog settles over the area. Twisted vines and branches make shadows in the white void. It feels more like being inside the belly of some massive beast then a forest.

Edited by J. Magi

Wyldri sat up warily, hand going to her bow. "I don't like this," she said, "not enough air." She tried to look through the thick fog, stepping towards the middle of the campsite. It was more open there than by the trees, but it still felt suffocating.

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

The night passes quickly. Those who've camped outside before notice that the jungle is far too silent. No late night birds or other animal noises. No wind. 

As the sun rises, a thick fog settles over the area. Twisted vines and branches make shadows in the white void. It feels more like being inside the belly of some massive beast then a forest.

Sleeper groans, then unleashes a blast that clears away the plants and fog, although it takes a minute.

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri sat up warily, hand going to her bow. "I don't like this," she said, "not enough air." She tried to look through the thick fog, stepping towards the middle of the campsite. It was more open there than by the trees, but it still felt suffocating.

"Neither do I," Kurtis said, packing his bedroll up. "We could get lost very easily."

35 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper groans, then unleashes a blast that clears away the plants and fog, although it takes a minute.

It clears the foliage surrounding and in the clearing with around a 40 foot radius. The jungle beyond looks thicker then the day before. 

The dissipated fog starts to seep back into their camp after a few minutes.

8 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Should we keep moving?"

"Well, we've got to try." Kurtis stood up, pulling his map out of his bag. "If we assume that we're still on the road, then we just need to keep heading south." He said, pointing in the right direction.

Coincidentally, that is also the direction that Druid is. It was difficult to hear it, especially now that the fog rolled in, it was almost impossible to notice. "Do you think I should scout ahead?" Wyldri asked, pushing herself a few feet into the air with more effort than it should usually take.

Edited by BlueWildRye

Coincidentally, that is also the direction that Druid is. It was difficult to hear it, especially now that the fog rolled in, it was almost impossible to notice. "Do you think I should scout ahead?" Wyldri asked, pushing herself a few feet into the air with more effort than it should usually take.

“I think we should stick together. We could use you.”

2 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I think we should stick together. We could use you.”

"I agree, you could get lost in the fog and we'd have no way of finding you."

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"then where would we be? or well you."

"Right, we should stay together." He adjusted his back, and left the clearing on the south side. It took a while to move even a a few yards because of how many plants he needed to cut out of the way.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Right, we should stay together." He adjusted his back, and left the clearing on the south side. It took a while to move even a a few yards because of how many plants he needed to cut out of the way.

roy closed his eyes and created a knife made from light and fire to help cut through some of the plants."is it just me or is the plants getting thicker as we cut them?"

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy closed his eyes and created a knife made from light and fire to help cut through some of the plants."is it just me or is the plants getting thicker as we cut them?"

"Hmm . . . they're definitely thicker than yesterday." He finished hacking through one that was wider then his head.

Edited by J. Magi

Wyldri tried to blow the vines away with the wind, but they wouldn't budge. "It's almost as if whatever druid is growing this is specifically trying to slow us!" she exclaimed, pulling her rarely used machete out from her belt and slicing at the vines as well.

Wyldri tried to blow the vines away with the wind, but they wouldn't budge. "It's almost as if whatever druid is growing this is specifically trying to slow us!" she exclaimed, pulling her rarely used machete out from her belt and slicing at the vines as well.

"We don't know if that druid you can sense is the cause of this . . ." Kurtis grunted, slashing more vines.

4 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis grabs his shortsword out as well. "Sleeper, could you not connect yourself to the forest as well, and part it? or is that too hard, or do you not want to do it?" He hacks at some of the vines

@TheRavenHasLanded "its worth a shot right?"