Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

18 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis grabs his shortsword out as well. "Sleeper, could you not connect yourself to the forest as well, and part it? or is that too hard, or do you not want to do it?" He hacks at some of the vines

14 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

@TheRavenHasLanded "its worth a shot right?"

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He snorts. "Child's play"

(If) When Sleeper reaches out to connect with the forest, he feels nothing. It's as if the plants don't have any soul matter to connect too, something that should be impossible. 

"Wait, Arranis says, can you manipulate your own soul, and divide yourself from the forest, and do you know how to do that" Arranis blurts. @TheRavenHasLanded

Remember they (Manipulators) still have to learn the skills of Alma, and essentially have had practiced on these kinds of things or it can be messy

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2024 at 7:24 AM, RoyalBeeMage said:

sorry for the doubble post but @J. Magi @Scars of Hathsin @BlueWildRye @anyone else. i don't want this rp to die! please lets bring this back!

On 6/10/2024 at 10:25 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:
On 6/19/2024 at 7:36 AM, BlueWildRye said:

21 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Sorry for disappearing! We can probably move on without Raven--he told me he was going to be a lot less active because of the summer holiday over in HG. I thought he might pop on again, but at this point I don't think it'd be unwarranted to just keep going and assume his character follows, etc. 

We can totally start this up again!

Kurtis sighed, staring at the wall of vines. "So . . . Connecting to forest didn't work, we might just have to slash our way through. I don't think burning it would end well . . ."

He drew his sword and went back to hacking at the vines, but it was slow business. 

7 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis sighed, staring at the wall of vines. "So . . . Connecting to forest didn't work, we might just have to slash our way through. I don't think burning it would end well . . ."

He drew his sword and went back to hacking at the vines, but it was slow business. 

Wyldri shivered at the fog again, grumbling as she followed the others. "Surely it wouldn't hurt for me just to try to climb up a tree and get a better view, right?" The limited vision was beginning to get to her, making her nervous.

11 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri shivered at the fog again, grumbling as she followed the others. "Surely it wouldn't hurt for me just to try to climb up a tree and get a better view, right?" The limited vision was beginning to get to her, making her nervous.

"Maybe, but you would just see more trees right?" Kurtis replied, huffing from exertion. "How's that supposed to help?"

35 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Maybe, but you would just see more trees right?" Kurtis replied, huffing from exertion. "How's that supposed to help?"

It would at least help with my anxiety, Wyldri thought. "What if we could see how much farther we need to go before this jungle subsides? That could be useful."

3 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

It would at least help with my anxiety, Wyldri thought. "What if we could see how much farther we need to go before this jungle subsides? That could be useful."

Kurtis reconsidered. "That's true . . . it may have spread past our field of view, but it might be worth a shot anyway."

He lowered his sword, studying the vines. "I'm sure how tangled they are would make them easier to climb too!"

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis reconsidered. "That's true . . . it may have spread past our field of view, but it might be worth a shot anyway."

He lowered his sword, studying the vines. "I'm sure how tangled they are would make them easier to climb too!"

Roy created a machete out of air and a small amount of fire to start cutting through the undergrowth 

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Yes! Thank you!" Wyldri exclaimed. She clambered up the nearest tree; Kurtis was right about the vines being easy to climb. Then, she jumped into the air, looking around.

@J. Magi

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Yes! Thank you!" Wyldri exclaimed. She clambered up the nearest tree; Kurtis was right about the vines being easy to climb. Then, she jumped into the air, looking around.

@J. Magi

To the north and east, large mountains border the horizon. Everything in sight is covered in the jungle. Only the tiniest sliver of blue in the south revealed the ocean they were heading toward. The jungle itself blankets the land evenly, though one area about a mile southward--a large snarl of vines and trees--seems to be taller then the rest.

Up here, without the muffling of the vines, you can hear the echo of bird calls. Most are harmless songs, but every now and then you can hear an awful screech.

On 6/20/2024 at 6:59 PM, J. Magi said:

To the north and east, large mountains border the horizon. Everything in sight is covered in the jungle. Only the tiniest sliver of blue in the south revealed the ocean they were heading toward. The jungle itself blankets the land evenly, though one area about a mile southward--a large snarl of vines and trees--seems to be taller then the rest.

Up here, without the muffling of the vines, you can hear the echo of bird calls. Most are harmless songs, but every now and then you can hear an awful screech.

So are you saying that the "awful screeches" could be potentially dangerous?

Wyldri breathed in the fresh air, feeling a lot more comfortable in such a wide space. "I think going up here paid off!" she shouted, hoping her voice would carry through the canopy. "I can see the ocean from here, but it's really far away... We'll have to pass through a thick patch of jungle first, too." She winced as a screech echoed in her ears. "Weird noises, too... I think the druid is somewhere in the overgrowth. We might meet whoever they are, if our assumptions are correct!"

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri breathed in the fresh air, feeling a lot more comfortable in such a wide space. "I think going up here paid off!" she shouted, hoping her voice would carry through the canopy. "I can see the ocean from here, but it's really far away... We'll have to pass through a thick patch of jungle first, too." She winced as a screech echoed in her ears. "Weird noises, too... I think the druid is somewhere in the overgrowth. We might meet whoever they are, if our assumptions are correct!"

;)

"Darn!" Kurtis shouted back up at her. "At least you can see it, so we can make sure we're going in the right direction! Why is it thicker up ahead?"

20 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Darn!" Kurtis shouted back up at her. "At least you can see it, so we can make sure we're going in the right direction! Why is it thicker up ahead?"

"I... don't know," Wyldri replied, for once ignoring her foregone conclusions. "Do you mind if I stay up here a little longer?"

2 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

"I... don't know," Wyldri replied, for once ignoring her foregone conclusions. "Do you mind if I stay up here a little longer?"

"Sure! We're still working on the vines down here."

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Sure! We're still working on the vines down here."

"what do you think causes the vines to grow so large?" roy called up to wyldri

2 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

On 6/26/2024 at 4:57 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"Maybe some kind of Alma connection? Kinda like what I can do with air?" replied Wyldri. She took one last look at the clear horizon, then jumped down to the forest floor, using the wind to slow her fall. She shivered at the fog again.

3 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Maybe some kind of Alma connection? Kinda like what I can do with air?" replied Wyldri. She took one last look at the clear horizon, then jumped down to the forest floor, using the wind to slow her fall. She shivered at the fog again.

"can you do anything on this scale? i feel like you would need a lot more power to do this...."

On 6/26/2024 at 5:57 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

Kurtis shrugged, he didn't really understand this sort of thing. "Maybe it's cursed or something."

On 6/29/2024 at 3:35 PM, BlueWildRye said:

On 6/29/2024 at 6:57 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"can you do anything on this scale? i feel like you would need a lot more power to do this...."

"It's hard to imagine one person behind this whole jungle, but I suppose it's possible."