Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

5 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis shrugged, he didn't really understand this sort of thing. "Maybe it's cursed or something."

"It's hard to imagine one person behind this whole jungle, but I suppose it's possible."

"no i dont think it is. you would need several lifeforces to generate enough power for this."

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"no i dont think it is. you would need several lifeforces to generate enough power for this."

"Well, your the expert, not me," He said with a chuckle.

3 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Well, at any rate," Wyldri said, "We should keep moving." She pulled out her machete and began cutting away at the vines once again.

@J. Magi

"Right!"

Do we know Wit is inactive at the moment? If not we can wait for him, if he is we can just imply his character follows us.

14 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Right!"

“How much further do you think we will need to go?”

Inactive people can always jump in when they get back online.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“How much further do you think we will need to go?”

That's what I was thinking

"Hmm, we're probably around 5-8 miles from the coast. So we're not far, but it will take us a lot longer if we have to cut our way through the jungle for the whole trip." Kurtis said, continuing to hack at the woods to create a path.

As the sun rose, animal noises could be heard more often--most of them alien or unrecognizable. Wyldri recognizes the horrible screech she heard above the treetops a few times.

Edited by J. Magi

16 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Hmm, we're probably around 5-8 miles from the coast. So we're not far, but it will take us a lot longer if we have to cut our way through the jungle for the whole trip." Kurtis said, continuing to hack at the woods to create a path.

As the sun rose, animal noises could be heard more often--most of them alien or unrecognizable. Wyldri recognizes the horrible screech she heard above the treetops a few times.

"well atleast the sun is up so we wont be walking blindly through the forest... what would happen if I want to burn down the forest with fire and shield ourselves?"

9 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"well atleast the sun is up so we wont be walking blindly through the forest... what would happen if I want to burn down the forest with fire and shield ourselves?"

"It would probably get out of hand really quickly . . . it could spread to natural areas or even the town we just came from. Seems like too much of a risk."

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"It would probably get out of hand really quickly . . . it could spread to natural areas or even the town we just came from. Seems like too much of a risk."

"but i mean... is it realy though? whats a life without a little danger?"

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"I think it's more time and trouble than it's worth," Wyldri noted. "It would be easier if we just kept walking." 

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

"I think it's more time and trouble than it's worth," Wyldri noted. "It would be easier if we just kept walking." 

"but- ok. lets keep going."

46 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Do you really want to burn so much land" Arranis says looking around him, "I think even with the forest it is beautiful" 

"Maybe I can see it as beautiful," Wyldri mentioned, "But haunting sounds more like it..." She shivered as another animal screeched in the distance.

@J. Magi

Are we going to get some action soon?

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Do you really want to burn so much land" Arranis says looking around him, "I think even with the forest it is beautiful" 

"well i mean it wolud be faster to burn a hole through to our destination."

43 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Maybe I can see it as beautiful," Wyldri mentioned, "But haunting sounds more like it..." She shivered as another animal screeched in the distance.

@J. Magi

thats what the fire was for! action!

On 7/6/2024 at 6:23 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

21 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"You do realize that I'm here on the job right? If we started a major forest fire I would absolutely get reported . . . I would probably loose my job, not to mention my reputation."

20 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

@J. Magi

YES!! sorry if things have been slow, I've been busy and under the weather for a few weeks

"I agree, we have jungles on my planet but they're warm and . . ." Kurtis glanced into the thick mist and shivered, "Not spooky."

The screeches slowly got closer, using the mist as cover, it was impossible to tell exactly where they were coming from. Then, the noises died down and the screeching stopped. The jungle held it's breath.

A large shadow in the mist rose up behind Roy ( @RoyalBeeMage) and came crashing down.

15 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"You do realize that I'm here on the job right? If we started a major forest fire I would absolutely get reported . . . I would probably loose my job, not to mention my reputation."

"I agree, we have jungles on my planet but they're warm and . . ." Kurtis glanced into the thick mist and shivered, "Not spooky."

The screeches slowly got closer, using the mist as cover, it was impossible to tell exactly where they were coming from. Then, the noises died down and the screeching stopped. The jungle held it's breath.

A large shadow in the mist rose up behind Roy ( @RoyalBeeMage) and came crashing down.

roy falls over dramaticly! he imidiatly turns over and starts to use some wind to blow the thing back while using some starlight to add substance to it.

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy falls over dramaticly! he imidiatly turns over and starts to use some wind to blow the thing back while using some starlight to add substance to it.

The shadow slithers back awkwardly. The limb hit with wind oldy dissolves a little on impact--as if it were made of sand. It slinks out of the deep mist, now fully agitated, and you can get a good look at it.

It was long and snake like, but with several limbs of other animals attached to the side. At First, it seems to have a human face, but as it moves closer you can see it's head is a monkey. The entire creature was made of sandstone and dirt, as if someone has ripped up a bunch of animal statues and then jumbled them back together.

It screeched intimidatingly, and swung it's heavy tail at Wyldri, trying to knock her over. @BlueWildRye

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

The shadow slithers back awkwardly. The limb hit with wind oldy dissolves a little on impact--as if it were made of sand. It slinks out of the deep mist, now fully agitated, and you can get a good look at it.

It was long and snake like, but with several limbs of other animals attached to the side. At First, it seems to have a human face, but as it moves closer you can see it's head is a monkey. The entire creature was made of sandstone and dirt, as if someone has ripped up a bunch of animal statues and then jumbled them back together.

It screeched intimidatingly, and swung it's heavy tail at Wyldri, trying to knock her over. @BlueWildRye

Wyldri yelped and propelled herself over the tail, floating about 5 feet above ground for a few seconds as she pulled out her bow, nocked an arrow, and shot it at the beast. "What kind of Alma monstrosity is this?" she yelled, manipulating the wind to push the arrow straight into its head.

16 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri yelped and propelled herself over the tail, floating about 5 feet above ground for a few seconds as she pulled out her bow, nocked an arrow, and shot it at the beast. "What kind of Alma monstrosity is this?" she yelled, manipulating the wind to push the arrow straight into its head.

It's sinks into the sandy mass easily, but the creature is less then bothered. 

"I-I've never seen anything like it!" Kurtis exclaims. He brought his sword down on one of it's it's limbs, and it cracked off with some effort.

Agitated even more, the creature screeched again, and reformed the limb it has lost out of dirt from the jungle floor. It swung a bear-like stone paw at Arranis @Scars of Hathsin.

6 hours ago, J. Magi said:

It's sinks into the sandy mass easily, but the creature is less then bothered. 

"I-I've never seen anything like it!" Kurtis exclaims. He brought his sword down on one of it's it's limbs, and it cracked off with some effort.

Agitated even more, the creature screeched again, and reformed the limb it has lost out of dirt from the jungle floor. It swung a bear-like stone paw at Arranis @Scars of Hathsin.

Arranis gapes at the beast, his sword ringing from its sheath, holding it in two-handed stance, he moves his body turned sideways, elbows bent and the tip pointed up and back over the head. The sword moved to block the attack, moving fluidly into position. 

"I don't think this is any Alma creation" Arranis grunts

Wyldri falls back to the ground and musters up a force of wind, releasing it towards the creature in a strong torrent of air.

She's wondering whether she can blow it away like sand or dirt, considering that's what it appears to be made of.

@J. Magi

33 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis gapes at the beast, his sword ringing from its sheath, holding it in two-handed stance, he moves his body turned sideways, elbows bent and the tip pointed up and back over the head. The sword moved to block the attack, moving fluidly into position. 

"I don't think this is any Alma creation" Arranis grunts

The stone paw hits the sword with a clang, and pebbles fly from the impact. It presses down, trying to break the lock with it's strenght.

18 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri falls back to the ground and musters up a force of wind, releasing it towards the creature in a strong torrent of air.

@J. Magi

She can, but not all of it. Some of it is made of looser material, and other bits are like stone. It's made of clumps of several different things--sorry if that wasn't clear.

Sand and pebbles fly off of the best, but it doesn't dissolve completely. The structure is weakened however, and cracks begin to show. The sand forms a dust cloud which, on top of the mist makes it extremely hard to see. It's difficult to breath as well.

The tail makes another swipe and Wyldri, and it's clear that her flying is confusing whatever it is.

19 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

The stone paw hits the sword with a clang, and pebbles fly from the impact. It presses down, trying to break the lock with it's strenght.

Sand and pebbles fly off of the best, but it doesn't dissolve completely. The structure is weakened however, and cracks begin to show. The sand forms a dust cloud which, on top of the mist makes it extremely hard to see. It's difficult to breath as well.

The tail makes another swipe and Wyldri, and it's clear that her flying is confusing whatever it is.

Arranis grunts under the impact, but determined not to use any of his soul to beat this thing. He tries to shove the paw off his sword. What in Alma is this thing? he curses to himself. 

@J. Magi

41 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis grunts under the impact, but determined not to use any of his soul to beat this thing. He tries to shove the paw off his sword. What in Alma is this thing? he curses to himself. 

@J. Magi

The stone slips, and the paw slams into the ground next to Arranis. Without missing a beat, it made use of being low to the ground, and swiped at his legs, trying to trip him.

40 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

The stone slips, and the paw slams into the ground next to Arranis. Without missing a beat, it made use of being low to the ground, and swiped at his legs, trying to trip him.

Arranis feels the claw slip off him, Yes! before watching in horror as it falls next to him, This is no good before feeling the claw swipe at his legs, tearing into his legs, and sending him sprawling on his back. Pain shoots up his legs, and he grabs them. Gosh Dammit he curses internally, before lashing out with the sword that he had held onto as he fell.

@J. Magi