Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

"Are any of you going to help?" Wyldri yells at Sleeper and the other man while dodging the tail again.

@TheRavenHasLanded

@witisthebest

Wit I'm pretty sure has left the Shard indefinitely, and while Raven did last visit two days ago, he last POSTED a month ago.

EDIT: Wit did last visit 6 hours ago and posted on Sunday but it's still very infrequent nowadays

Edited by BlueWildRye

40 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis feels the claw slip off him, Yes! before watching in horror as it falls next to him, This is no good before feeling the claw swipe at his legs, tearing into his legs, and sending him sprawling on his back. Pain shoots up his legs, and he grabs them. Gosh Dammit he curses internally, before lashing out with the sword that he had held onto as he fell.

@J. Magi

The sword hits the paw, and half of it crumbles away. Agitated, a different limb swoops down on him--this one more dog-like. 

Kurtis did his best to cut off some of the other limbs while the beast was distracted, but not all of them crumbled away easily.

30 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

"Are any of you going to help?" Wyldri yells at Sleeper and the other man while dodging the tail again.

@TheRavenHasLanded

@witisthebest

Raven is inactive because of the summer, so for all intents and purposes we can assume he'll be back in the fall. So for now, we'll just assume his character is there and doing things.

19 hours ago, J. Magi said:

The sword hits the paw, and half of it crumbles away. Agitated, a different limb swoops down on him--this one more dog-like. 

Kurtis did his best to cut off some of the other limbs while the beast was distracted, but not all of them crumbled away easily.

Arranis curses, and feels the sword drop out of his hand, as he attempts to block the new head. What is that thing? He looks around yelling to the others "Is everyone ok?"

@J. Magi

12 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis curses, and feels the sword drop out of his hand, as he attempts to block the new head. What is that thing? He looks around yelling to the others "Is everyone ok?"

@J. Magi

Roy drew a sword from his belt and tried to cut of some of the monsters limbs.

This might not be the best time, considering that @J. Magi is, as far as I know, offline, but I’d still like to join this. 
I was thinking that maybe the Haki discovered DNA or maybe knew about it all along, and did some kinda il-advised experiments to try to make some new dragons. (Potentially involving alma magic, too) I’m pretty sure it went poorly. My character could either be the only first test who survived (because of course the evil space elves went straight to human/Haki testing), or could be like a third generation prototype. 
Does that sound good? What capabilities would I have? Would I be considered a dragon bloodline? 

8 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

This might not be the best time, considering that @J. Magi is, as far as I know, offline, but I’d still like to join this. 
I was thinking that maybe the Haki discovered DNA or maybe knew about it all along, and did some kinda il-advised experiments to try to make some new dragons. (Potentially involving alma magic, too) I’m pretty sure it went poorly. My character could either be the only first test who survived (because of course the evil space elves went straight to human/Haki testing), or could be like a third generation prototype. 
Does that sound good? What capabilities would I have? Would I be considered a dragon bloodline? 

We would definitely have to wait for J Magi for something like that, though at the moment you could roleplay something small, like an animal companion. As that is something big to ask, and the Haki is her terrain.

@Dragonheir

13 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

We would definitely have to wait for J Magi for something like that, though at the moment you could roleplay something small, like an animal companion. As that is something big to ask, and the Haki is her terrain.

I'm leaving for camp on Sunday anyway. I can wait. 

never fear, jam is here!

I ended up having to come back early

so

On 7/10/2024 at 5:27 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

@J. Magi

"I'm. Holding. My. Own." Kurtis painted as he slashed at stone limb after stone limb.

A lot of the loose material on the beast had crumbled away, at this point, leaving the harder stone sections.

18 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy drew a sword from his belt and tried to cut of some of the monsters limbs.

A few crumbled away, but the better part remained solid.

16 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

hmm sounds interesting! I like it! @RoyalBeeMage is the expert in how the dragon's work (they're kind of his system) so you'd have to ask him about technicalities. 

Why don't you throw together a character sheet! If you have any lore/backstory stuff you want to stay secret for now you can pm it to me so I can integrate it into the plot.

6 hours ago, J. Magi said:

hmm sounds interesting! I like it! @RoyalBeeMage is the expert in how the dragon's work (they're kind of his system) so you'd have to ask him about technicalities. 

Why don't you throw together a character sheet! If you have any lore/backstory stuff you want to stay secret for now you can pm it to me so I can integrate it into the plot.

@RoyalBeeMage 

If the Haki decided to take a bunch of random DNA from dragon blood and try grafting it into the potentially-incompatible DNA (or DNA equivalent) of Haki test subjects, what would end up happening? 

On 7/12/2024 at 4:25 PM, J. Magi said:

"I'm. Holding. My. Own." Kurtis painted as he slashed at stone limb after stone limb.

A lot of the loose material on the beast had crumbled away, at this point, leaving the harder stone sections.

A few crumbled away, but the better part remained solid.

Arranis looks at the beast that swarmed them all. Rock, so maybe an elemental he thinks to himself, before lashing out at a solid part with his sword.

9 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis looks at the beast that swarmed them all. Rock, so maybe an elemental he thinks to himself, before lashing out at a solid part with his sword.

The metal grates against the stone, and chips fly. The beast stumbles away, trying to avoid being surrounded by them.

1 minute ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri pulls a hammer out of her cloak and slams it into the creature's head. "I was wondering when I could use that." She shoots it again.

@J. Magi

The head cracks loudly, and a large chunk of it falls to the ground. The beast panics now, thrashing to take them down half blind. It seems irreparably impaired, all of it's movements were random and sporadic. 

9 hours ago, J. Magi said:

The head cracks loudly, and a large chunk of it falls to the ground. The beast panics now, thrashing to take them down half blind. It seems irreparably impaired, all of it's movements were random and sporadic. 

Wyldri accidently gets hit by its tail and goes flying several feet in the other direction. It doesn't faze her but she lost the hammer.

On 7/14/2024 at 1:59 PM, J. Magi said:

The metal grates against the stone, and chips fly. The beast stumbles away, trying to avoid being surrounded by them.

On 7/14/2024 at 2:08 PM, J. Magi said:

Arranis jumps around, dodging between the limbs that threatened to send him flying (off again). He dodges the arms but never seems to get any closer to the beast. "Cn anyone else take it out?"

On 7/12/2024 at 8:33 PM, Dragonheir said:

If the Haki decided to take a bunch of random DNA from dragon blood and try grafting it into the potentially-incompatible DNA (or DNA equivalent) of Haki test subjects, what would end up happening? 

On 7/11/2024 at 10:14 PM, Dragonheir said:

Ok umm this in my mind would give a result of a mostly human ish person. Maybe a dnd dragon born depending on what you want. It would have to be the only surviving subject born from a failed experiment as dragons are more than just their physical form. Their souls are roughly the size of almost a million with bloodlines having between 50-2 soul equivalent size. Because of the soul size the Haki would have been unable to recreate a dragon even with alma magic of all kinds and without a dragon bloodlines can not be recreated.

in summery you could be a dragon bloodline which is the result of a failed experiment gone wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2024 at 7:45 AM, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri accidently gets hit by its tail and goes flying several feet in the other direction. It doesn't faze her but she lost the hammer.

The hammer flys away into the woods, disappearing into the bramble. The tail hits pretty hard, and Wyldri would probably need a moment or so to recover.

On 7/15/2024 at 5:32 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis jumps around, dodging between the limbs that threatened to send him flying (off again). He dodges the arms but never seems to get any closer to the beast. "Cn anyone else take it out?"

"I'll try!" Kurtis jumps up and slams his blade into the beasts middle torso, hoping to get it to crumble. The impact causes a shiver to run through the whole beast and the cracks in it's stone body grow exponentially. It doesn't fall yet unfortunately, and Kurtis is left with a somewhat bent blade.

The creature stumbles here and there, struggling to get it's bearings. It's heavy footsteps make the surrounding plants wiggle, and large chunks of stone fall from it's body. It was at it's weakest yet.

Sorry this got neglected!

On 8/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, J. Magi said:

The hammer flys away into the woods, disappearing into the bramble. The tail hits pretty hard, and Wyldri would probably need a moment or so to recover.

"I'll try!" Kurtis jumps up and slams his blade into the beasts middle torso, hoping to get it to crumble. The impact causes a shiver to run through the whole beast and the cracks in it's stone body grow exponentially. It doesn't fall yet unfortunately, and Kurtis is left with a somewhat bent blade.

The creature stumbles here and there, struggling to get it's bearings. It's heavy footsteps make the surrounding plants wiggle, and large chunks of stone fall from it's body. It was at it's weakest yet.

It's fine, We all have other things that need doing.

Arranis jumps at the beast, his sword outstretched, after having picked it up off the ground. What are you? he silently wonders to himself 

22 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis jumps at the beast, his sword outstretched, after having picked it up off the ground. What are you? he silently wonders to himself 

It's dodge is slow, and large chunk of it's torso falls to the ground with a crack.

5 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

Wyldri finally stands back up and shoots a poorly aimed arrow at the construct. The wind somewhat corrects its course and it whistles past its head, probably creating a small groove there.

The entire beast trembles, and a few more chunks fall down.

It's little more then a caving-in skeleton at this point.

Kurtis slams his blade down on another one of it's limbs, and it breaks off. "It's almost done I'd think!"

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis grabs one of the logs that lay on the ground, knocked down during a fight, and flings it at the thing across from him. 

@J. Magi

It slams into the stone beasts torso, causing the huge cracks to widen. 

It takes a few lurching steps, struggling to hold itself together.

Failing, it completely crumbles to the ground, large chunks of stone crashing into the underbrush.

2 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis turns to the rest of the group. "ANyone know what that thing was?"

"not a clue!" roy said surching around for any clues that could help identify.