Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

Wyldri crouched near the fallen monster's remains, feeling the stone dust with one translucent hand.

"I don't know about you, but I've never found these things roaming around in the wild. I think something, or someone, created it. Now, why would they create this? What are they trying to protect? Questions, so many questions..."

20 hours ago, WildRye said:

Wyldri crouched near the fallen monster's remains, feeling the stone dust with one translucent hand.

"I don't know about you, but I've never found these things roaming around in the wild. I think something, or someone, created it. Now, why would they create this? What are they trying to protect? Questions, so many questions..."

"they could be protecting the same thing that created the jungle..."

On 7/9/2024 at 8:33 PM, WildRye said:

"Are any of you going to help?" Wyldri yells at Sleeper and the other man while dodging the tail again.

@TheRavenHasLanded

@witisthebest

"WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?" he shoots back. 

trying to keep this to a minimum, so its likely gonna be like 1 post every few days.

4 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

YAY YOU'RE BACK

23 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"That's what I was thinking, too," Wyldri said. "I wonder if there are any more out there..." She scooped some rock chunks and dust from the monster into a bag. "You never know?"

On 8/21/2024 at 4:02 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis turns to the rest of the group. "ANyone know what that thing was?"

"Nope!" Kurtis said, wiping dust of off his face. "You mean that's not common on your planet?"

On 8/21/2024 at 6:33 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"not a clue!" roy said surching around for any clues that could help identify. 

On 8/21/2024 at 9:18 PM, WildRye said:

The stone is a sandy color, and crumbles fairly easily the touch. Whatever was holding it together his given up by now. Swirly patterns covered the surface of all of the animal parts, vine-like in texture. As if the creature had been attempting to blend in to it's surroundings, but ultimately failed because of it's material.

On 8/22/2024 at 6:06 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"True . . ." he scratched his blue chin.

On 8/23/2024 at 1:43 PM, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"YOU DID GREAT SLEEPER THANKS," Kurtis replied, as the fight was over.

On 8/23/2024 at 5:45 PM, WildRye said:

"That's what I was thinking, too," Wyldri said. "I wonder if there are any more out there..." She scooped some rock chunks and dust from the monster into a bag. "You never know?"

"I hope we don't run into them . . . it took forever to take down."

Kurtis turned to glance at the sky. The fight had disturbed the forest, and most of the noise-making life had fled, or gone silent. He wondered if that was a good thing or not.

With an exhausted sigh, he picked up his sword, and turned to the trial he'd been carving.

It was mid-afternoon now, and it felt like their progress had been painstakingly slow. Kurtis wondered if he'd be reprimanded by higher ups if their job was delayed.

1 hour ago, J. Magi said:

"Nope!" Kurtis said, wiping dust of off his face. "You mean that's not common on your planet?"

The stone is a sandy color, and crumbles fairly easily the touch. Whatever was holding it together his given up by now. Swirly patterns covered the surface of all of the animal parts, vine-like in texture. As if the creature had been attempting to blend in to it's surroundings, but ultimately failed because of it's material.

Kurtis turned to glance at the sky. The fight had disturbed the forest, and most of the noise-making life had fled, or gone silent. He wondered if that was a good thing or not.

With an exhausted sigh, he picked up his sword, and turned to the trial he'd been carving.

It was mid-afternoon now, and it felt like their progress had been painstakingly slow. Kurtis wondered if he'd be reprimanded by higher ups if their job was delayed.

Sleeper walked over and helped out with the trailblazing.

23 hours ago, J. Magi said:

“We should get going now… let’s not wait around to find out what they were or if more are coming.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2024 at 7:41 PM, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper walked over and helped out with the trailblazing.

On 8/25/2024 at 5:49 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

“We should get going now… let’s not wait around to find out what they were or if more are coming.”

Kurtis nodded his agreement. "It was such a strange creature . . . if we're lucky, it was one of kind."

They continued to cut through the jungle and such and I'm tired of describing it you get the idea.

Sometime in the afternoon, they finally reached something that wasn't annoyingly large plant matter. Kurtis swung at the latest branch in their with his sword. He brought it down, severing the wood, but as it fell the end of his blade CLANGED against something hard in the shrubbery beyond.

"What the?" He struggled with the foliage for a bit, but he managed to clear it revealing a stone. Not just a boulder, but a large human-cut brick.

Shoving his way through more plants, he stubbled into a clearing-ish. The remains of a few stone buildings covered the small area. Most of them were little more then one or two walls, and the plants had almost completely swallowed them. A large, dark bird sat on the top of the highest crumbling wall, eyeing them as they approached.

"Well that's different!" Kurtis exclaimed. "Probably here before the jungle."

@Scars of Hathsin @BlueWildRye

Edited by J. Magi