Help!!!

Help I'm about to finish Rhythm of war (Stormlight Archive #4) and idk what book to read next from the Cosmere I have read: Mistborn era 1&2. Should I read secret projects or Elantris or maybe Wheel of Time idk anymore. Please help

Wlcome to the Shard.

53 minutes ago, THILL447 said:

Help I'm about to finish Rhythm of war (Stormlight Archive #4) and idk what book to read next from the Cosmere I have read: Mistborn era 1&2. Should I read secret projects or Elantris or maybe Wheel of Time idk anymore. Please help

There are many Reading order threads you can check out to get a wide variety of opinions, what I would suggest is making an informed decision. Based on the above, it seems you have read:

Spoiler
  • Mistborn: The Final Empire
    • The Eleventh Metal
  • Well of Ascension
  • Hero of Ages
  • Alloy of Law
  • Shadows of Self
  • Bands of Mourning
    • Mistborn: Secret History
  • The Lost Metal (? - Spoilers for Rhythm of War so not sure if you have read this or not)
  • The Way of Kings
  • Words of Radiance
    • Edgedancer
  • Oathbringer
    • Dawnshard
  • Rhythm of War (almost complete)

Is that correct? If there are items in that list you have missed, then it might be a chance to fill in those gaps. Warbreaker is the backstory for a number of things you have already seen in Stormlight Archive (and us usually suggested before Way of Kings). It's even available free on the website. Elantris is foundational and also ties to things seen in Oathbringer and Mistborn Secret History, and is also recommended before Tress of the Emerald Sea. The Emperor's Soul is a Novella that also really helps grok the three Realms in a great story that is a quick and easy read (also pertains to a character from The Lost Metal - recommended before TLM). White Sand (in all of the versions) is the backstory for the person who writes the Ars Arcanum for each book (since those are in-world documents) and relates to things seen in both Stormight Archive and Mistborn Era 2 and is also recommneded before Tress of the Emerald Sea. Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell is recommended to read before The Sunlit Man. Sixth of the Dusk is recommended before most Secret Projects, but will be most important before SP5 - and it also relates to things seen in Rhythm of War (Lift Interlude). 

I guess, out of all o fthat, I would recommend one of the Following:

• Elantris: Especially if you like more political stories with most action at the climax
  • Warbreaker: Especially if you like a balance of action and intrigue and want more information on certain "people" from Stormlight Archive (see below)
  • Emperor's Soul: Just because it is one of the best Cosmere stories and a great foundation for everything else

Continue with those three in whatever order appeals to you. 

Slight Warbreaker Spoilers

Spoiler

If you are sure you want to know?

Spoiler

Zahel, Azure, and Sword-nimi 

53 minutes ago, THILL447 said:

maybe Wheel of Time

Wheel of Time is not Cosmere, and takes a special kind of person to really enjoy, but if that is your thing then feel free to go fo it - just know that it is not related. 

If you are also considering non-Cosmere stories, then also please consider Sanderson's Rithmatist, Reckoner's Trilogy and Cytoverse. For other non-Sanderson sotries, we also have a Reading Recommendation Thread with summaries and information posted by many Sharders and collected in one place for easy reference. 

Hope that helps

Edited @THILL447

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG/Clarity

16 minutes ago, THILL447 said:

I'll go on to Elantris and so on after that should I go for the secret projects?

If that is what you would like - please note the recommended Novellas and Short Stories that can be important before most Secret Projects:

Tress Recommendations:

Spoiler
  • Very Important:
    • Elantris
    • Mistborn Secret History
  • References that can be important
    • White Sand 
    • Sixth of the Dusk

Yumi and the Nightmare Painter Recommendations:

Spoiler
  • Very Important:
    • Oathbringer
    • Warbreaker 

The Sunlit Man Recommendations:

Spoiler
  • Very Important:
    • Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell
    • Rhythm of War
      • Dawnshard
    • Bands of Mourning
    • Elantris / Tress 
Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

Welcome to the shard @THILL447!

I personally just read them in whatever order I can get my hands on ‘em (but still keeping to the dedicated orders of series)

My introductory question to you:

If you could bring any 2 of Brandon Sanderson’s characters back to life in a room for an hour who would you revive? (Hit the spoiler button to avoid spoilers for people who haven’t read as much [the eye button at the top of the text box])

Also @Treamayne, thank you for the reading order, this will be very useful (it wasn’t intended for me but it very much helps, so thank you! :D)

Posted (edited)

really good question. really hard i have like 10 that I wanna say but the ones that stood out most of all to me are honestly:

Whats yours?

Spoiler

Wayne from era 2. and Rock from Stormlight archive.

Edited by THILL447