The Epic Fantasy Avengers

So, Tor.com posted a list of their picks for the Epic Fantasy version of the Avengers HERE.

Vin totally made the team, as did Rand.

Someone mentioned in the comments that Dalinar w/ shardplate is fantasy's version of Iron Man, to which I sort of agree, but Dalinar seems more the leader-type than the womanizer goofball...

What are your thoughts?

Edited by lyssie95

Someone mentioned in the comments that Dalinar w/ shardplate is fantasy's version of Iron Man, to which I sort of agree, but Dalinar seems more the leader-type than the womanizer goofball...

Adolin though comes closer.

Mine goes something like

Nick Fury - Dorothea Senjak

Captain America - Nanoha

Thor - Natsu Dragoneel

Warmachine - Adolin

Tony Stark - Kvothe

Black Widow - Raine Benares

Maria Hill - Vin

Hawkeye - Kalam Mekhar

The Hulk - Impatience the Dragon

I think we could make a case for Wax and Wayne as Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Wax has improbable aiming skills and awesome bullets, like Hawkeye's improbable aiming skills and awesome arrows, and Wayne is a master of hand-to-hand combat and stealth (well, disguise).

True, they both have magical abilities, but compared to Rand they're practically normal.

I think we could make a case for Wax and Wayne as Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Wax as Hawkeye isn't bad.

Black widows power set is like Captain America very close to that of a Pewterarm.

True, they both have magical abilities, but compared to Rand they're practically normal.

Compared to Rand, everyone on my list except Kvothe is practically normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What are your thoughts?

I actually thought that a younger Dalinar would be a PERFECT Iron Man replacement. Imagine Dalinar's bad-chull attitude when he was younger and more cocky! Plus he shows up in a full suit of armor!

Adolin has Shardplate too, and he's certainly a womanizing goofball, well not so much by the end, but still.

Here are my picks. These are based on the movie Avengers, and I'm attempting to match each character's personality and theme rather than fighting style. I also tried to stick to one character per series

Captain America: Ned Stark --- Honorable (but Neutral Good) leader guy, low-powered compared to the others.

Iron Man: Kvothe --- snarky, womanizing, stuck-up genius whose power derives fairly directly from his intelligence.

Black Widow: Vin --- Master assassin, easily underestimated, can mess with your mind as an alternative to beating you up with whatever happens to be on hand.

Hawkeye: Jared Kincaid --- Marksman, uses an anachronistic ranged weapon, likes trick shots and special ammo.

Thor: Anomander Rake --- caster/melee fighter, not a native of this world, called a god, carries an iconic weapon

Hulk: Rand al'Thor (from Dragon Reborn-Shadow Rising era) --- rivals Thor for most raw power, struggles with controlling his power, sometimes just as dangerous to his friends as to his enemies

Nick Fury: Elrond. Enough said. (Also, there needed to be a character in here from LoTR)

Alternatively, Rake and Elrond could be swapped for Earendil and Ganoes Paran, respectively.

Hey, where'd Hoid go? He definitely deserves to be on there.

We don't know nearly enough about Hoid to stik him anywher eon the list, and he's more the "Hide in the shadows and create them" type, not the "Join them while somebody else makes them." variety.

Hmmm, wonder when Hoid'll organize the Avenger team then...

• Chaos locked this topic