The Blessed— Signups

TwinSouls

On 5/18/2024 at 4:33 AM, TwinSouls said:

1. They’re basically separate secret societies

2. You can…

3. No. If they can obtain it, they can use it. The Blessed have their own skillets.

Could you tell me more about 3?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 5:49 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

Could you tell me more about 3?

Spoiler

Sorry, I just remembered this exists.

So, if normal people can obtain the liquids, then can use them. Whereas the Blessed can use it, and other abilities.

also, I got the character sheet done:

Spoiler

Name: 

Blessing (If any): 

Appearance/personality:

Backstory:

Name: roy

Spoiler

in reality he is several milenia old. that is not realy relevent to this rp.

Blessing (If any): not sure what the options are

Appearance/personality: dressed in fancy clothes. looks taller than avearage people. rich. expects anyone and everyone to show deference to him

Backstory: is the son of a powerfull lord. beleves that everyone should bow down to him because of that. anyone not wearing fancy cloths are irelevent. 

could you repost the difrent types of blessing?

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2024 at 7:41 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

could you repost the difrent types of blessing?

Oh, oops

yeah

Spoiler

Basic:

The basic Substances and their properties are:

Crimson: A viscous, red liquid that pools in the dark corners of cities. It burns anyone who touches it, flowing smoothly off them. 

Aqua: heals small wounds when ingested. It is the rain that falls from the sky. 

Verdant: A green liquid that aids plant growth, it flows in small streams underground

Ebony: A barely transparent, black liquid that has black flames on the top. If it is subject to great stress, it will explode, covering everything nearby in black flames. This substance does not appear regularly.

Quicksilver: A mysterious, reflective silver liquid that aids physical abilities. It is found near recently dead corpses. It is poisonous in large doses, and has a foul taste and odor.

Flick: fills everyone nearby with a buzzing in their head. Vaporizes when exposed to air, but condenses back into liquid eventually. When inhaled as a gas, it causes people to forget the past hour or so. Appearance/color is unknown.

Valor: An addictive substance that changes the eyes of a Blessed. Once a Blessed starts taking Valor they cannot stop should they wish to keep their powers.

Blessed:

Haunts: The chosen of the Lord of Darkness, and can show very real black flames along their bodies. They bleed Ebony. 

Slivers: The chosen of the Lord of the Unknown, they have brilliant silver eyes, and have highly enhanced physical abilities. They can create Quicksilver.

Flicks: The chosen of the Lord of Recollection a, they are practically invisible to everyone around them, except others of their kind and other Blessed.

Edited by TwinSouls

Blessing (If any): flicks

Appearance/personality: dressed in fancy clothes. looks taller than avearage people. rich. expects anyone and everyone to show deference to him

Backstory: is the son of a powerfull lord. beleves that everyone should bow down to him because of that. anyone not wearing fancy cloths are irelevent. 

21 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Blessing (If any): flicks

Looks good!

Posted (edited)

Sometime this week, once I come up with a premise and improving the beginning post.

and here’s my character

Spoiler

Name: Augustus (Gust) Hale

Blessing (If any): Sliver

Appearance/personality: tall, gangly, uncomfortable with eye contact, intelligent.

Backstory: He grew up poor, and occasionally on the streets, but always just managed to scrape by. He is now a hired hand in a mercenary band in the large city.

@Ancient Elantrian, @Scars of Hathsin, @J. Magi, and @anyone else who wants to join

I have it ready!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Basic:

The basic Substances and their properties are:

Crimson: A viscous, red liquid that pools in the dark corners of cities. It burns anyone who touches it, flowing smoothly off them. 

Aqua: heals small wounds when ingested. It is the rain that falls from the sky. 

Verdant: A green liquid that aids plant growth, it flows in small streams underground

Ebony: A barely transparent, black liquid that has black flames on the top. If it is subject to great stress, it will explode, covering everything nearby in black flames. This substance does not appear regularly.

Quicksilver: A mysterious, reflective silver liquid that aids physical abilities. It is found near recently dead corpses. It is poisonous in large doses, and has a foul taste and odor.

Flick: fills everyone nearby with a buzzing in their head. Vaporizes when exposed to air, but condenses back into liquid eventually. When inhaled as a gas, it causes people to forget the past hour or so. Appearance/color is unknown.

Valor: An addictive substance that changes the eyes of a Blessed. Once a Blessed starts taking Valor they cannot stop should they wish to keep their powers.

Blessed:

Haunts: The chosen of the Lord of Darkness, and can show very real black flames along their bodies. They bleed Ebony. 

Slivers: The chosen of the Lord of the Unknown, they have brilliant silver eyes, and have highly enhanced physical abilities. They can create Quicksilver.

Flicks: The chosen of the Lord of Recollection a, they are practically invisible to everyone around them, except others of their kind and other Blessed.

Edited by TwinSouls

Name: Arranis Reelwiron Galanodel 

Blessing (If Any): Flicks

Appearance/Personality: He appears darker in appearance, with a small beard, and a sad disposition. 

Backstory: Arranis hangs around the lowliest parts of the city, using his Flicks power on himself, trying to forget something that was in his past. Not much in known about him, but he seems to have limitless money, and is a fighter, many unfortunate souls have tried to beat him up to get the money they think he owns, or just to get rid of him, he is competent with many melee weapons, and hand to hand combat. 

@TwinSouls

• TwinSouls changed the title to The Blessed— Signups
25 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Looks good!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I thought it’d be another Elan :P 

This looks super cool! 
If I play a non blessed character, could I be almost like a (hate to say this but it’s the best analogy I have) drug dealerish fellow? As in I collect and sell Substances, and maybe start with a bit more than normal folks would have?

@TwinSouls

30 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

I would be interested in joining this RP. I don't see any Slivers yet so my character will probably be one of them.

Awesome!

5 hours ago, LightRinger said:

This looks super cool! 
If I play a non blessed character, could I be almost like a (hate to say this but it’s the best analogy I have) drug dealerish fellow? As in I collect and sell Substances, and maybe start with a bit more than normal folks would have?

@TwinSouls

That’d work!

19 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

Looks good!

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I thought it’d be another Elan :P 

Spoiler

I just didn’t want to plague you with another Elan

Character made!

Spoiler

Name: Geoffrey Gomer

Blessing (If any): Secretly a Haunt, doesn’t talk about it and no one (to his knowledge) knows, besides the Lord of Darkness.

Appearance/personality: An elderly man, with tinted spectacles (he says for light, but it’s to hide his black eyes) and a fabulously well kept mustache. Imagine a grandpa who runs a candy shop, but instead of candy, it’s Substances.

Backstory: As a child, his father taught him to collect Verdant, extract Quicksilver, and bottle Flick, and now he took over the family business of Subsdealing.

Also, now that the RP is started, are the signups closed or still open? I know some people on the Shard IRL and they’re interested but not committed yet. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Character made!

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Geoffrey Gomer

Blessing (If any): Secretly a Haunt, doesn’t talk about it and no one (to his knowledge) knows, besides the Lord of Darkness.

Appearance/personality: An elderly man, with tinted spectacles (he says for light, but it’s to hide his black eyes) and a fabulously well kept mustache. Imagine a grandpa who runs a candy shop, but instead of candy, it’s Substances.

Backstory: As a child, his father taught him to collect Verdant, extract Quicksilver, and bottle Flick, and now he took over the family business of Subsdealing.

Also, now that the RP is started, are the signups closed or still open? I know some people on the Shard IRL and they’re interested but not committed yet. 

Definitely still open

Spoiler

He has a Valor addiction?

Edited by TwinSouls

On 6/18/2024 at 5:29 PM, TwinSouls said:

Definitely still open

Reveal hidden contents

Oh goodness, that's a relief. Sorry I'm late!!

Name: Kiz

Blessing (If any): Silvers

Appearance/personality: He dresses a bit haphazardly, with fine elegant clothing, but an old patched work apron on top. He wear's a pair of thick, dark goggles to hide his silver eyes from onlookers. He's tall and thin, with greenish brown hair. Kiz is very mischievous and selfish, but will help anyone for the right price. 

Backstory: Rumors float around of a man with a similar description being involved in grand theft and arson. Kiz himself claims he's been framed, but there's no concrete evidence either way. He certainly isn't trustworthy . . .

On 6/18/2024 at 3:29 PM, TwinSouls said:

I think that would be cool, but I wasn’t sure if it was in the system officially yet. If that’s okay, I’d like that. Where does Valor come from? You didn’t mention it in the list. Also, wanna PM me about how Valor would affect his magic?

Edited by LightRinger