Cosmere Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

15 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She was back now. “Everything else in the box was spore related. I’ll stand guard. I’m not going to kill you while you sleep.”

“Okay…” Connor shrugs “I’m not sure I can sleep right now though,” he gestured towards his head and finished with “Too many thoughts”

56 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy! Spies someone walking towards his general direction “hello!”

52 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Kresh quickly turns around at the chance of a potential convert. 
“You want to learn about Shu-Dereth? I can tell you whatever you want to know!”

Dougella, HG Arena

Dougella turns around at this but notices that it is the pair that were fighting near the spikes. Nope, Scared Embrace the challenge of making friends, it mocks her, she sees another flicker, a man who looked a lot like one of the rejectors, the one that spoke out the most of her. She grins. Still haunting me, must be jealous. "I will take the challenge of not listening to you" she giggles, flaunting back into the forest. "Anyone?" she calls again her voice changing pitch, more girlish and loose

@Spark of Hope @J. Magi and others

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

12 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

“Okay…” Connor shrugs “I’m not sure I can sleep right now though,” he gestured towards his head and finished with “Too many thoughts”

“Mm.”

22 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Kresh quickly turns around at the chance of a potential convert. 
“You want to learn about Shu-Dereth? I can tell you whatever you want to know!”

"anything... i know nothing. but i am also cold..."

6 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"anything... i know nothing. but i am also cold..."

I didn’t expect anyone to actually want to learn. Now I have to do some research…

“The basic principles of shu-dereth are…” 

Kresh starts going into a long explanation about the core tenets of Derethi doctrine.

2 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

A small microphone on Tinkers suit buzzes a whisper, you hear that French voice you know all too well. “It’s going to get cold tonight, better bundle up.” It buzzes off. @The Bookwyrm

"Shut up, you monster. Don't pretend to have our interests at heart after that display."

1 hour ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Connor stops his endless cycle of flexing, scratching his neck, and falling half asleep, then begins jogging toward where his group was last heading, eventually finding them and sitting down next to the fire. “Can I see that knife that was in the box? I’m going to stand… uh, sit guard for a while, and I'd rather not be unarmed.”

@Spark of Hope

"I'd prefer if I held onto the silver knife, thanks," Tinker said. "I need it for my spores."

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Shut up, you monster. Don't pretend to have our interests at heart after that display."

"I'd prefer if I held onto the silver knife, thanks," Tinker said. "I need it for my spores."

He furrows his eyebrows behind the microphone. It buzzes again. “You’d be surprised. The only reason both you and that girl are alive is because you have each other.” It clicks. “And she has hope now.”

10 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He furrows his eyebrows behind the microphone. It buzzes again. “You’d be surprised. The only reason both you and that girl are alive is because you have each other.” It clicks. “And she has hope now.”

"Hope? Hope?

"Hope makes this place a living hell. Each of us know we're going to die here. We're trying to resign ourselves to that fate, trying to convince ourselves it's okay. When you give us hope, you hurt us. You take our carefully composed selves and shatter them for your entertainment.

"You know nothing about hope. You don't know what it's like to eat Verdant vines because you have no actual food. You don't know what it's like to hide in a hand-dug shelter from a highstorm that shouldn't have been there. You don't know what it takes to look forward and see a bright future after that.

"Don't talk to me about hope."

The temperatures continue to drop as the night goes on, getting to the edge of freezing levels. 

@Lord Spirit @Cash67 @RoyalBeeMage @J. Magi @TheRavenHasLanded @The Bookwyrm @Spark of Hope @Wierdo @The Stormfather @The Honorable One @WhyEverNot_8 @Unintelligenius @Scars of Hathsin @Witisthebest, @Lotus Blossom @Dragonheir @LightRinger

Krin shivers.

The temperatures continue to drop as the night goes on, getting to the edge of freezing levels. 

@Lord Spirit @Cash67 @RoyalBeeMage @J. Magi @TheRavenHasLanded @The Bookwyrm @Spark of Hope @Wierdo @The Stormfather @The Honorable One @WhyEverNot_8 @Unintelligenius @Scars of Hathsin @Witisthebest, @Lotus Blossom @Dragonheir @LightRinger

Sharp came back with his pile of firewood. "Let's get this fire started." He could feel the cold air on his face, though the coat kept him warm enough that it didn't bother him. He set up the sticks and lit it with some sparks from his knife. He wasn't worried about drawing attention--with a group this big it wasn't likely they'd get ambushed. Soon he had a small campfire made, in the general center of the area the group had settled down in.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Krin shivers.

"Want the coat?"

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Sharp came back with his pile of firewood. "Let's get this fire started." He could feel the cold air on his face, though the coat kept him warm enough that it didn't bother him. He set up the sticks and lit it with some sparks from his knife. He wasn't worried about drawing attention--with a group this big it wasn't likely they'd get ambushed. Soon he had a small campfire made, in the general center of the area the group had settled down in.

"Want the coat?"

Did you guys see my post above?

@J. Magi @TheRavenHasLanded @Spark of Hope

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

I did but I was thoroughly confused by it. Are they a tribute? A hologram? Are they asking for a duel? I looked for context but couldn't find it in the stuff I missed.

Edited by J. Magi

1 hour ago, LightRinger said:

Jaksyn continued creeping towards Tondon. 

Tondon rolls over in his sleep. 

One of the capabilities of fortune is doing the Hoid thing, and knowing what will help you. If Jaksyn wants to kill Tondon, he can (I haven’t actually roleplayed him enough to get that attached, so I don’t feel like fudging the rules and saying he wakes up). However, he’s also kinda incompetent. He’s not really prepared for this backstabbing stuff, and Jaksyn’s powers, if I recall correctly, are literally perfect for countering a iron/duralumin twinborn. If you woke him up, you’d probably be able to get him to work with you, take out all the other tributes, then either con your way out with connection and fortune, or fight Tondon, which will go well for you unless there’s a resource disadvantage. I’m good with taking second, and an alliance will make Tondon a lot safer in the short term, and will make the game more interesting. 

Anyway, Tondon is still on the floor, defenseless. Jaksyn could probably take him out, or they could team up. 

11 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Want the coat?"

*gasps* NOT THE COAT 😱😱😱

Spoiler

IMG_2886.thumb.jpeg.8ada97527fdf9ffa9cf94fbb20258baf.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

“The basic principles of shu-dereth are…” 

Kresh starts going into a long explanation about the core tenets of Derethi doctrine.

roy nodds calmly... before moving closer towards kresh for warmth...

15 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"No need for that," Tinker said. He pulled out a vial of yellow spores, placed a few on the wood, and poured water on them. They started glowing white hot, and the wood caught fire.

How many are in our group now?

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"No need for that," Tinker said. He pulled out a vial of yellow spores, placed a few on the wood, and poured water on them. They started glowing white hot, and the wood caught fire.

"Oh yeah," Sharp said putting his knife away. "I forgot about your uh . . . fungi bits? Magic sand?"

uh . . . 5? Sharp, Krin, Connor, Marewell, and Tinker (we did sort of make an alliance with Kresh but he ran off so I don't think he counts

Edited by J. Magi

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh yeah," Sharp said putting his knife away. "I forget about your uh . . . fungi bits? Magic sand?"

yeah! i stole kresh from you! now i am being preached to?

15 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

They didn’t like his religion, he didn’t like them. Simple

Kresh moves back awkwardly. He doesn’t know how to have a relationship. He had lived a solitary life outside his time at Dakhor, but that had hardly improved his social skills. He could preach all day, but he didn’t know how to have a normal conversation.

Edited by Lord Spirit

41 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Hope? Hope?

"Hope makes this place a living hell. Each of us know we're going to die here. We're trying to resign ourselves to that fate, trying to convince ourselves it's okay. When you give us hope, you hurt us. You take our carefully composed selves and shatter them for your entertainment.

"You know nothing about hope. You don't know what it's like to eat Verdant vines because you have no actual food. You don't know what it's like to hide in a hand-dug shelter from a highstorm that shouldn't have been there. You don't know what it takes to look forward and see a bright future after that.

"Don't talk to me about hope."

“And you wouldn’t know a thing about being in a dark place and only wanting someone to bring hope in your life so you die happy.” It buzzes quite a minute. A small huff is picked up. “Or maybe you do, but you refuse to remember why you are here. To give hope to those who can’t find it themselves…”

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“No pewter right now,” Corin said. “But if you’d like to make a deal now, I can let you know when it’s available.”

"So like... I give you something right now and then you tell me when you have pewter and I come and get it or like.. you tell me when you have pewter then I come and give you something?" Quelkin asks.

@Edema Rue @Ancient Elantrian

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

Well, we're a pretty obvious group camping out in the open, so she's cool to come up and chat with us to make a potential deal

34 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

She sat down next to him. Not snuggling in, but pretty close. “You still have that blanket, right?”

He probably could have grabbed it from the hollow